PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in the Sun

helenh
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Here is my second attempt at an acrylic painting. I must say that I am having fun with this medium. Love its versatility. C and C's more than welcome. I would love any suggestions you may have. My intention is to keep it light, bright and fun.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2009/114605-Dancing_in_the_Sun.jpg

Helen H

LavenderFrost
05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Blue sky and bright sunflowers, looks like a perfect summer day!

susme48
05-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Not only a perfect day...but my fav flowers!!!

Eddie00
05-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I love this piece, the way the colors was placed. The blue in the back round really bring out the sun flowers. great choice in subject and colors.

halthepainter
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Helen, it's a delightful, charming painting. I enjoy the fact that the viewer is looking up at the flower. Very enoyable prespective as well as colors.

Mz_Sketch_Pad
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
i love it - it is bright fun and festive i love the sunflowers

RPut
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
colorful and bright! I love the flower highlights!

arl
05-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Wonderful colour mix.

loobyteacher
05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
nicely done

OkeeKat
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Helen!!
Wow this is great for your second attempt, looks like your realy enjoying Acrylics!!
I love the tones in the pedals, gorgeous colors, May I ask what size this is and on what type of canvas/paper??

My only suggestion is the foreground, the bottom of the painting, is kinda distracting in that some of the background peeking thru way down in the low grass making it look a little unfinished. If you fill it in more with darks and some lighter grasses here and there would be great.. remember not all of the grasses are straight! wind, weather, animals etc.. can make it lay in all odd angles, so maybe a few leaning or bending to hide the lower portions of the sunflower stems that appear bare of leaves.
Does that make any sense?? I hope so if not let me know by a PM and will try to explain better.
I did some grasses on one of my cows, waiting for mama and Hovering in orange. check them out might help you see what I mean.
GOOD LUCk.
Great Job, keep up the good work!!

helenh
05-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks so much for your comments everyone. Yes, Kathie. I do understand about the grasses. I looked at them and thought that they needed more and some uneven grasses swaying hither and thither. So I will fix that. Thanks for your observation. It's 16"x20" on stretched canvas.

Coffee Break
05-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I really like the composition.

PainterDeb
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Sunflowers are a favorite of mine, and I really like the colors in this painting!

(I might crop out part of the bottom grasses and part of the sides, but that is probably just me.)

tonyjazz
05-15-2009, 11:01 PM
2nd acrylics painting..........!!!!!

Very well done, you've found your medium! Good advice from Kathie. Like the colors used, almost a tropical feel.....bits of darks would add to this piece. When you have strong sunlight you usually have strong shadows.

I do like the way the flowers seem to flow upwards on a windless day. TJ