PDA

View Full Version : Kilimanjaro easel or Best Lobo??

SheilaM
05-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I am looking into upgrading my easel by purchasing a new one. I paint watercolor and acrylics and I tend to prefer working with medium to larger canvases for acrylic and 11x15 to 20x30 in watercolor. I am looking for an easel that has the ability to lay flat and take different size of works.

The two I am looking at are the Kilimanjaro easel and the Best Deluxe Lobo easel. My concern is if I purchase the Kilimanjaro, will it wobble when painting with a large canvas ie; 30x40 and up? The base is only about 17". Apparently it does take larger canvases. Does anyone have this easel and if so, do you have a wobbling problem?

I also like the Best Deluxe Lobo. I see there are some positive comments here on Wetcanvas under product review section. The only down fall I see so far for me is the maximum canvas height is 44". I guess this would limit my canvas size.

I also like the italian made Cappelletto easel (the one that is like the lobo but handles a larger canvas size)but I can't seem to find a U.S. distributor or art supplier which carries it.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jonesbf
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a Best Halley. Supports up to 80"x82". Solid as a rock. No wobble.

Flattwo
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi

Have you tried screwing larger canvases flat to a wall, works a treat

Henry