GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Tigers Eye
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 x 12 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This one hasn't quite happened but I have posted anything for over a week.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Whatever

Corby
05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
looks like a great happening to me Mikey! It may not need the small dark triangle in the upper left corner?

Spyderbabe
05-13-2009, 12:17 PM
should there be a spot of reflection in her right eye?

tgsloth
05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Well it's painted with your usual skill but what makes it is the creative crop. Give us, more, more.

greensyster
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
wonderful sense of loveliness comes out from your image if it's not finished then ya coudda fooled moi! :)

mackb
05-13-2009, 11:36 PM
If only my work was so good as your when I'm done, compared to your unfinished work. I love the tight focus on this one in particular. No crits from this rookie.

Mikey
05-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Corby, what you see there is actually her arm, but I thought there is nothing much to describe it as such so left it as background. I could lighten that triangle.

Kathleen, I did trya highlight in that eye but decided against it. It upset the balance.

Thanks tg, but read my further comments.

Marie, I could have used smaller, more pointed brushes. My size 2 round has long since lost any kind of point.

Mack, I'm not sure a finer finish would have given me any kind of answer here. But please read on.

At the moment I have a disatisfaction, a feeling it is time to move on and get better, yet it eludes me.

Three artists I look to at the presnt time, but not to copy in any way are Weng Yuqi, Jennifer Anderson and Sean Cheetham. It's a fair point to say they are simply better much artists at the top of their profession, but that gets us nowhere. I ask why are they better than most of us, or myself certainly. If we can forget things such as draughtmanship as being too obvious, we may say they use colour in a better kind of way. Jennifer uses compostion and negative space effectively. However, I think a lot of it is to do with the artist's mental process. A lot of it may be to do with having a actual model in a studio, where Weng is also a superb still life painter. However, he obviously isn't trapped in that place and may use photo references for the odd background. I'm thinking of his Roman architectural setting for an Asian model which seem quite out of keeping with her face.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2009/28043-brushes.jpg