PDA

View Full Version : WISHING

MRSBB
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-12-2009/114956_100_2083_Lake_scene.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: WISHING
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 9X12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Well, I can't get to Colorado right now so painted what is on my mind.<br><br>All C/C welcome...............Lenore

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything.

LynnDigby
05-12-2009, 09:02 PM
This is really pretty, Lenore. I think you caught the majesty of the mountains.
I hope you get to go to Colorado soon, if that's what you're wishing for!

cbcarnell
05-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Your mind has to be a wonderful place in order to have created this beautiful painting, Lenore. I could just look at those blue mountains forever!

Sam_I_Am
05-12-2009, 09:57 PM
This is beautiful, Lenore :) No crits from me. Perhaps I can console you by saying that I'm in Colorado today, and its been a hot, windy, muggy mess :P So this painting looks a lot better than it does outside right now!

varna
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Lenore, This is beautiful I can feel the freshness !!

JudithAdene
05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Hello Lenore,
This is a nice depiction. LOVE the little trees in the middle of the composition. I feel your touch on that part of the painting is light, airy and evocative. I cut it out and think that this section would make a lovely impressionistic painting on it's own.

Also, on the painting as a whole, the only comment I would make would be that maybe you could try to more clearly 'differ' the shapes of some of the trees, they all seem to look too much the same. Happy painting!

Regards,
Judith

laudesan
05-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Fabulous. Wishing is good, and wishes come true you know.

MRSBB
05-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Thank you Lynn, Claire, Stef, Varna, Judith, and JJ for the comments. I don't know why the grasses came out so dark. They are a lot lighter IRL. Stef, if it's hot and muggy you must be on the front range. We go up in the NW corner of God's country. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.....Lenore

mooz49
05-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Hi Lenore! This certainly looks like a cool spot to be in ..... makes me think of Alaska even though I have really no idea what Alaska looks like.
Your blue mountains fading into the distance give the feeling of great expanse.
It looks calm and peaceful and I would love to be sitting there just listening to the silence broken every now and then by the sounds of the forest.
Have the fires stopped in your area?

Corby
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi Lenore! Very nice! Being imaginary, even if the body of water is rather large for it and I see no lodge, I am still imagining beaver dam, and getting the mosquito repellent and my fishing gear!

tgsloth
05-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Well, I agree with everyone else. Probably your best post. Wonderful watercolor technique. My only suggestion would be to attack the blue vs white division in the sky and randomize a bit more.

MRSBB
05-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Mooz, your right is is a very peaceful area and I always feel a sense of protection when up in the mountains. Thankfully, no fires this week, but now the snakes are on the move and our neighbor killed a huge rattler trying to get in his dog run last evening.

Thanks Corby, I'm ready for that fishing pole. Your right about the beaver dams too Corby. They are a menace to the ranchers blocking their ditches. Maybe I can get some pictures of that this year.

Thanks TG, your right about the sky, it could have been better. I'll try to remember that next time. I kind of used the pouring method on the sky and should have watched the runs better. Thanks for the input. Lenore

greensyster
05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Why do I always arrive last for the best parties - sob. :) So it's all been said above and I can do naught but agree. Lenore - this is lovely with that hint of mystic romance - yes amongst your best so far.

mackb
05-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Simple and direct, without too much detail to distract the eye. Nicely done Mrsbb.

MRSBB
05-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks Marie and Mack...................Lenore

Sam_I_Am
05-15-2009, 12:53 AM
I just stopped back in and remembered how much I like this :)

Hot and muggy, yes, but I'm on the Western Slope, in Glenwood Springs. It doesn't happen often, but it was truly a muggy mess. All better now, though - today was beautiful :)

MRSBB
05-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks for stopping by again and the weather report. We are usually up there by now, but circumstances have intervened for a while, been under a cloud of doom for over a year, so I'll just have to live the memories. I have been to Glenwood Springs and it is a great, beautiful place to be, lucky you...Lenore