PDA

View Full Version : Champaign Dream

whallart
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-12-2009/181652_greentreemain.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-12-2009/181652_greentreedetail.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Champaign Dream
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 56
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I feel like this could be better. Not sure why or how?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This is more of an abstract piece, however, I want it to be a little more stylized...

Corby
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I think a great deal of interest could be added by the inclusion of more elements. Birds of course is a no brainer...nonetheless they do sit in trees and stylize quite nicely. One might think of something more original but you get my drift. Instead of a generic tree, how about it being more specific something with really exotic fruit perhaps or even peaches or oranges can be beautiful stylized...

Continental
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I totally agree, birds are the only thing missing. Make sure that they are in the same color range and style though. Clever idea here....

varna
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I like your idea of different formats and the way you've placed them is different and interesting

laudesan
05-13-2009, 01:37 AM
This is a great format, and it is a talking point for sure. The only thing that bothers me is the sponged greenery. It looks so contrived, but maybe that is what you wanted?

Looking at it again. it isn't too bad, maybe a variation of greens would have worked better?

MRSBB
05-13-2009, 02:17 AM
This has to be quite impressive in person. I really do like the format for a large wall, but I also feel the leaves need more definition and variation. If you are happy with it you should just leave it as is, that is a lot of canvas to rework. Good luck on however you go..........Lenore

whallart
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the insight everyone. I know what you mean by the sponge look. Does one avoid this by actually painting individual leaves throughout the entire piece?

La_
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the insight everyone. I know what you mean by the sponge look. Does one avoid this by actually painting individual leaves throughout the entire piece?

nope, just varying brush strokes and sizes, edge crispness/softness, and value differences.

cool comp

la