PDA

View Full Version : Logo Design

Wes Hyde
08-21-2002, 11:29 PM
I think it needs some work...

Guy
08-22-2002, 02:40 AM
I love the lettering on the sunset, it looks cool but I don't think it sits in the dog very comfortably. What about something like paw-prints in the sand under the logo? Just a thought :)

SaraD
08-22-2002, 05:02 AM
It´s a really nice picture, but I wouldn´t really call it a logo...
When you are creating a logotype you have to take all the different medias that the logo will be used in, into account. You´ll use a logo for your website, the door to the office, but also in your letterheads, your businesscards etc. And for some of this medias a full-colored, high-detailed logo will do great, but for som it will not. Try to keep a design for a logotype simple, with few colors, distinctive lines and design it for being clear and crispy in colour and b/w.
Good luck with your logo! You have a really good start!;)

nonamac
08-22-2002, 05:11 AM
Wes, I think this is a fantastic idea for a logotype. You've done really well, but a few minor alterations will make it so much better. First, have you noticed that the light is coming from two different directions? There is the sun in the dog coming from upper left, and the illumination on the letters coming from the near right...it creates confusion in viewing them superimposed. Also, the TM is way too big. You want it to show, but not that much. Maybe half the x-height of the g in Dog. The lettering takes up too much of the dog vertically, and not quite enough horizontally. What would happen if you scaled the dog so there's equal space inside the dog around the type?

You've got something really good going here, Wes. Keep playing with it.

nonamac

Wes Hyde
08-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Hey, thanks for the ideas, advice and such. It's mucho appreciated.

Wes

Any Padres fans?