PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe 5/10/09 through 5/16/09

Pages : [1] 2

idylbrush
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
So where did the week go and why are we starting a new one already?

dances_with_oils
05-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Evening everyone (morning and afternoon to the time zone folks)

Spent the week pulling dead trees, tidying up the garden, picking out and ordering material for a patio and deck repairs. Whew.. I'm sore in places I thought had disappeared in back along with my youth!

We had wanted to redo the deck railing(balusters) since we bought the place as they didn't appear to be secured all that safely. We were right, a couple a taps with the hammer and all but 3 of the 76 balusters came off with little sweat... they had been nailed not screwed in. I dread to think what might have happened if one of the grandkids, dogs or guests had tripped and fallen against the rails... they would have just kept going. All day I kept asking, "Who builds stuff like this if they have a family?" "Who does this to their kids?" The guy we bought the house off of has had done a series of home improvements that would make your toes curl.

Hopefully tomorrow, we can get the wood up and be done with it.

Happy Mother's day to the moms and belated Mother's Day to the UK mums(you have yours in March IIRC).

Shirl Parker
05-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Did you change shampoo or conditioner, do you sleep on the side of your face where the rash is?

susme48
05-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks, Kathrin...and a happy one to all the others!!!

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 01:15 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS out there!!!
ENJOY Your Day!!:heart:

Susan, love the portrait!! congrats on the Sale and your Commission!! sorry you gota rush it but your doing great!!:clap:
Carol ohh I hope you feel better, Do you think you might have handled some poison ivy/Oak outside? coulda touched your face afterwords if its not all over its not from food.
Ray, nice to finaly know what you were allergic to!! I bet you're happy!!
Still working on my portrait, tweekin it here and there.
back to the easel for another hr I hope and then to bed.. just took a break to walk the boys!

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave: Yep, as usual, I am off to work :rolleyes: Tired this morning, so only coffee to offer. But you are welcome to that anyway :)
Carol, hope the rash clears off soon.
Susan, you are mad :lol: but you are doing a great job :clap:
Dances, good luck with the home improvements. Sounds like it is badly needed :eek:
Good Morning Howard :wave:
Kathie, happy painting :)

Everyone else out there, have a lovely morning, day, evening or night.
Happy Mothers day to all the moms. As Dances said, we had ours already :)

Bright Eyes
05-10-2009, 04:47 AM
:clap: Happy Mother's Day:clap:

susme48
05-10-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks all....I am a mother...:rolleyes: :lol:

Lord, I am tired and going to bed. I am as done as I am gonna get on the portrait. I hope someone shoots me if I ever say I can do one in a couple hours....:lol: This on took 6-8 hours...and has mistakes....but hopefully she will be impressed with my skills...:lol:

See you later in the am!!

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Kim, the same to you :wave:
Susan, same to you too Super Woman :wave:

Good morning again :lol:
Felling better, more awake. Work went smoothly. All the horses are out in the fields for the day. Lovely out there now. Cloudy but warm. Local GAA ( that is the hurling organisation ) are having a fundraiser / Family day type thingy today. Juveniles get to parade behind the pipe band. Will be lots of fun stuff happening there for the kids after the parade, so the boys are looking forward to it.
I will miss half the fun tho :( I got to work this afternoon. Should be working from 3 to 4pm. Parade is starting at 2pm so I would have to leave when all the good stuff starts. Came up with a plan tho :smug: I will go to work at 1.45pm, should be there at 2pm. All go well will be with kids and himself by 2.50pm :D Lets keep the fingers and toes crossed that all goes by plan now.

12am now. Better get thinking about dinner :eek:

biddlebeach
05-10-2009, 08:07 AM
yippee Ray! figured it out! what a pain, huh?
I worked my tail off last night,, er,, yesterday,, hit the sack at about 9:30 and never moved until the alarm went off this morning,, talk about stiff! oh lordy..

too much to do so little time,, never touched my paints, unless ya call moving them to a new place touching them,, sigh,, maybe today, but won't be for a while, since there is church,( gonna be a tough one today, one of our cantors, who is 55, died of a massive heart attack the other night in her sleep, her young son found her in the AM) then to work,,

Happy Mothers day everyone!

noodle1
05-10-2009, 09:03 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY all you great moms!!

So far no one here has volunteered to make me breakfast..lol which means there is just some coffee and bagels and juice I guess until I get up and make something more..:lol: :lol:

Our day got kind of cancelled cause poor Jess is so sick. Who knows what the weather will do anyway and I'd be content to just sit home and paint.

Sue I did express the :eek: last night didn't I..haha when Bob told me my jaw dropped, but I knew you'd pull it off!

Raymo my man no comment you weirdo! (from the last thread)

Carol sorry bout the rash, er not the car I hope, naw couldn't be. :D

Well not exactly sure what is happening today, Devon still here and is supposed to be picked up later, which means I'm not sure when I'm going to Mass if I have to wait for his dad to come. Don't want to just leave because Larry on call and if he has to go out Devon would be alone. Day belongs to others I guess and I'm just waiting to see what part I play in it....LOL

I do hope all you moms are being treated today, and you have a glorious day. Will catch ya later...

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Lady Carol
05-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Did you change shampoo or conditioner, do you sleep on the side of your face where the rash is?
No to the shampoo etc. Yes to the sleeping but then I sleep on the other side as well. Actually that did happen to me once. I landed in Sydney and was at my sisters house and the jetlag struck so I slept on the lounge for a couple of hours and when I woke the whole side of my face was one big itchy welt.

Carol ohh I hope you feel better, Do you think you might have handled some poison ivy/Oak outside? coulda touched your face afterwords if its not all over its not from food. No don't think so. It is not a weepy lesion. I have had a food allergy that was just on my legs but that was a mirror image. This is not so it is odd.

Carol sorry bout the rash, er not the car I hope, naw couldn't be. :D
haha!! wouldn't it be on my butt then?

Happy Mother's Day

idylbrush
05-10-2009, 10:15 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/36241-pineapple.jpg
Pineapple is growing fast it seems.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/36241-persianjewel.jpg
All from one plant.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/36241-peacrose5-11.jpg
This seems to get prettier and prettier each day passing.

Happy day to all you mothers!

sveldstra
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Happy Mothers Day!I hope everyone has a great one, whether you are a mom or not. Things are still too busy, but today I'm not doing anything I don't have to, or want to.:D

Shirl Parker
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM
haha!! wouldn't it be on my butt then?...

uh, not unless you've been driving naked, or doing stuff with your husband in the car :evil: :evil:

Maybe your horse touched some poison ivy and then you touched your horse, then your face?

susme48
05-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Happy mom's day!! Morning all!! Carol, I hope you feel better!! Off to deliver the portrait! I know it had to be a ventriloquist...:lol:

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
:heart: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY:heart: ... TO ALL the Great Mothers!!:wave:

Hubby let me sleep in this am, I got up at 9:30!!!
Guess thats what I get for going to bed at 2am, stayed up working on the portrait.

Susan, you did an amazing job on that in such a short time!! :clap:

Elaine, Same here .. fending breakfast for myself.. breakfast bar and OJ(Crystal light sunshine orange):D

I have to say I at least lost some weight in the past two months, so far 14 lbs. coming off slowly. ... well after the popcorn and reeses pieces at the movies yesterday went back up one.:lol: oh well will come off before you know it.
Carol,Hope you feel better

Well off to work on my portrait and hope to play around with my new oil paints I got last week, itching to play with.
HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL.. doing what you want to do!!!:wave: :heart:

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 11:20 AM
OHHH Howard. LOVE That Pineapple!! WOW thats growing in your garden?? Awesome!! Love your flowers, the rose is gorgeous too!!
Behave Ray!!:lol: if thats possible. Be good to Teena!!:wave:

Lady Carol
05-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe your horse touched some poison ivy and then you touched your horse, then your face?
No. It isn't weepy and the horse was not out in the field since Wednesday morning as he had a treatment done. I visited Friday after the rash started. My last touch of him before that was Monday night.

I did have a tick last week. I wonder if I have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever... without the fever. The spots are suppose to start on the hands and feet. Perhaps the bacteria got lost along the way.

PattiLou
05-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms, wanna be moms and substitute moms. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Elaine, Jon cooked breakfast today... at Cracker Barrel. :lol: Looked like a lot of other men did the cooking too.:rolleyes:

Oh no Carol, have you and Ray been getting chummy? Hope your rash goes away faster than his did.

Howard nice pineapple plant. I think they are fun to grow, need to start another one.

Started reading this thread and realized I musta missed a whole lot, so had to go look up last weeks thread. Where did the week go.

Susan you sure forgot your promise to yourself about not doing multiple portraits. But you pulled it off... again!

Baked a German Chocolate cake to take for our family get-together this afternoon. Just need to keep my hands off it for the time being.

Now I am going to paint.

idylbrush
05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Finally took a bit of time and replaced the filtered water spigot on the sink. The old one (about 15 years old) had developed a leak around the handle that was driving me up a wall so yesterday at the Home Depot, I spotted a replacement unit and grabbed it up for 21.00 USD and got to the down and dirty this morning and got it done in less than a half hour. Not bad considering I am mechanically impaired. Better yet, so far no leaks.

Shirl Parker
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Carol, look up Tinea Versicolor.

susme48
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Elaine!! I said :eek: too...after someone's voice said I would do it. :o But hey, ya never know what you can do till you try! Hope your day is not too awful with the sick grandchild!! We'll be praying!

Thanks Kathy! Did the best I could.

No cooks here but me, so...:) Patti...I like the way Jon cooks!

I am so happy the young lady loved the portrait!! She has grown a bit since the picture, it was in 2000, so I am guessing she is 14 or 15. That was another reason I gave her a deal pricewise...not that I ever had much money to spend at that age. So nice that she was willing to give her mom a gift that was $50....I'd say mine were more like $2.00 at that age...:o Hopefully, her mother will be pleased as well! It was a good feeling to make her happy....made it worth staying up late!!

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!!! I am hoping for the chance to take a nap...:lol:

Lady Carol
05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Carol, look up Tinea Versicolor.
Nope. Looks nothing like that.

susme48
05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Umm...Carol....not that I don't know how much care and control goes on in a lab...but could it be something from work? Or a senstivity to the gloves that reached a breaking point?

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Mary, sorry for the bad news. Hope you all found some peace in church. Dont work to hard.
Elaine, sounds you are the steady rock between all those sick and busy, small and big people around you. Make sure you dont catch it yourself and have a good day whatever you are up to.
Carol, it is the car and the horse, only solution is to get rid of both and send it far, far away. I guess I will sacrifice myself and take both of them :rolleyes: ....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously tho, I would have guessed Maddie too. Really no chance he gave you a kiss up to 48 hours before the rash appeared ? Girl at work got the same last year. Mare kissed her after giving Regumate. She came out in a lovely rash all across one side of her face.
Hope you are better soon.
Howard, the Persian Jewel is stunning.Didn't grow any myself since 3 years :( Well done on the fixing job.
Sharon, you need to start taking it easier too :wink2:
Susan, I am glad to hear your portrait was loved, but not surprised at all. Go to bed early tonight, you sure deserve it.
Kathie, well done for loosing all that weight :clap: Wish I could loose some :o
Happy painting, your portrait is fantastic.
Patti, Mmmmmmm, German Chocolate Cake, you make me hungry. Have fun at the family get together.
Hi Shirl :wave:

Got a little delayed at work so I didnt get out to the boys until just gone 3pm. But it was so worth it for everyone. A wildlife rescue and road show was there. They had lots of owls, hawk, eagles and raptures. The birds looked fantastic, were well handled and the people answered all the questions patiently. When they saw me taking photos they offered to bring them over closer. WoW, what a sight. Was never as near to one of them. My oldest got to hold an owl on his arm, boy was he proud :D They had pony rides too and all kind of fun stuff. And they got to touch a snake. They never believed me that snakes are lovely to touch, now they finally know it too.
The kids had a great time, I bought himself a home-baked apple tart to keep him happy and me......well lets just say that I got 164 new reference photos on my hard drive :lol: at 10 mega pixels each, that is quiet a load to add :p
I am happy :smug:

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 02:54 PM
the Rally Cars were a big hit with Ian :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/113357-ian.jpg

Thomas and the owl :cool:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/113357-thomas.jpg

one of my many ref shots :D :smug: :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/113357-owl.jpg

susme48
05-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Kathrin, that show sounds really interesting!!

Mary, sorry I missed your post. I hope your day goes as smooth as it can!!

Thinking of napping here, not sure if he will stay asleep long enough, but I think I will try!

idylbrush
05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Had a chance today to make my all time favorite summer salad. It is so easy, tasty and cool for hot summer weather.

8 ounces macaroni cooked
1 can tuna fish, drained
all veggies are optional:
1 medium cucumber, peeled, quartered and sliced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small onion diced
2 to 3 stems of celery cleaned and diced
several spoonfuls of olives
capers
green peppers diced

black pepper and salt to taste.
enough mayo to moisten.

Refrigerate until well chilled.

Serve.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/36241-summersalad.jpg

Also finished up the commission today and waiting for it to dry before applying the isolation coat and the varnish. Should be ready to ship by the end of the week.

woohoo!

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 03:40 PM
HELLO ALL!!
SPent part the morning and dang part of the afternoon on the portrait and I'm calling it DONE!! gona post it in WOYE thread and then make a sep thread too.:clap: Phew.. think it only took me 35 hrs total, guesstimated that is, many days forgot to write it down.

WOW Kathrin what handsome boys you have!! Love the owl closeup.. would make a fine painting!!:D
Howard, that looks sooo good, I'll be right over!:lol:
Susan, take a nap, you deserve it!! Maybe Bubba will take you to McD's!:lol:
Have a good day all, will pop back in when I can.
cya later!!:wave:
:heart:

Linee
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi all, and Happy Mother's Day to the moms and those who have a mom role in someone's life. It can be a sad day for those who have lost a mom or a child...thinking about you, too!

Howard, I copied down that recipe. Can you believe I've never made tuna salad? Oh, and that rose...I have the same kind growing outside my front door. :) Such a beauty!

*dee*
05-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi y'all! :wave:

I'll catch up on all the posts later. Right now I'm trying to find our about this bell my Dad (who's visiting :clap:) bought this winter.... its way cool!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/156775-008.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/156775-009.JPG

Anyone know anything about bells???

susme48
05-10-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't know anything about bells....:o But this one is neat!! Lots of help huh?

Got a very short nap....got woke up by a frustrated child, who is now sleeping again...sigh! Maybe an early night!! I hope!

Lady Carol
05-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Carol, it is the car and the horse, only solution is to get rid of both and send it far, far away. I guess I will sacrifice myself and take both of them :rolleyes: ....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously tho, I would have guessed Maddie too. Really no chance he gave you a kiss up to 48 hours before the rash appeared ? Girl at work got the same last year. Mare kissed her after giving Regumate. She came out in a lovely rash all across one side of her face.

Hmmm! I will tolerate the rash to keep both. As for the Regumate Maddie/Madison is a bloke (yeah I know....weird that a name for a boy) but there you have it.

Love the bell, dee.

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Howard, I am not a fan of tuna, but I can imagine that this tastes yummy without tuna too :) Congratulations on finishing the commission :clap:
Kathie, thank you :) and well done for finishing your commission too :clap:
Dee, dont know nothing about bells either, but it sure is cool :cool: Glad you get to enjoy your time with your dad.
Susan, hope you get an early night. Sending a big cyber hug to you :grouphug:

Ian is not sleeping great, crying and getting up a lot. Hope he isn't getting sick :eek: Thomas is sound asleep, guess he is dreaming about all his adventures today :lol:
Spend the evening painting :smug: Guess I should have been painting trees :o but I worked on the horse portrait instead. Think I give up hope to make him took like the horse its meant to be tho :(
I am off to bed now. It gone past midnight and I got to get up for work at 6am again.
Enjoy your afternoon, evening, night or morning :wave:

Kathrin G.
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Hmmm! I will tolerate the rash to keep both. As for the Regumate Maddie/Madison is a bloke (yeah I know....weird that a name for a boy) but there you have it.

:lol: only mentioned the Regumate because that was the cause for that girls' rash :wink2:
No, was actually more thinking towards the likit maybe... or the injection could have travelled through his system somehow. Oh Carol, I dont know :rolleyes:
My oldest came out in a rash about a year ago. Had it all over his body. Doctor said it was a food reaction, but the child ate nothing different ten any other day. So then it was blamed on contact with a plant, any plant for that matter. Doctor said with all the chemicals in the rain, ground whatever, you couldn't be sure what caused it.
Just one of those things I guess. Hope you get better soon :wave:

and if you change your mind.....just pm me :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Dee, what a awesome Bell and no sorry know nothing about them!!
Susan, you outta sleep when he sleeps!! at least a nap. I know you just got up from one!! never fails.:lol:
Carol, hope you figure it out!!
Kathrin, sorry Ian isn't sleeping, lets hope its not illness. crossing my fingers and sending well wishes just incase.

Question all.... how long do you wait after a painting to varnish it???

I have had too many times where I waited till it appeared dry to touch 8-24 hrs and with the foam brush varnishing I picked up color tint on the brush and smeared it into a lighter area or whitish into the darks. what a mess to fix.. Last time I sprayed varnish once then put on the brush varnish.
Liquitex site says wait till dry and cured 48-72 hrs before varnish.
Curious what you all do????:confused:

Well Joe and I went out to nice seafood resturant and they took our photo, not so good but the food was great!!
Now to play with my new paints!!:D

idylbrush
05-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I generally wait three days to 7 days before I varnish and only varnish after I have a chance to get a good isolation coat on. The whole process may take me about a week to 10 days to accomplish.

dances_with_oils
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Dee, your bell looks like it's off a submarine as the dolphins are often seen in that position. Have a look for submarine dolphins or diving dolphins. Navy divers also wear double dolphins and the bell could have been a jetty signal for diver down. (or from one of the diving schools)

susme48
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Kathie....somehow he senses when I lay down? and comes to get me up. Then half the time he goes back to sleep. I guess I am to be on guard if it is daytime.

I know I should wait longer to varnish, and isolate, and in between. Only time will tell what my rushing somethings will do :confused: but so far, have noticed nothing. The worst one was last night's...one hr after painting I put on heavy matte gel, and then 3 hrs later I sprayed matte varnish. It still looked good at 9...I am sure I will hear if it "goes bad". :o Usually I try to wait a couple days between each...probably still not enough?

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Howard, what do you use for isolation coat?
thanks susan
I have a spray varnish, thinking of usuing that first, letting it realy dry overnight or ina day or two put on the matte/gloss varnish mix.

RPut
05-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Good Evening EveryOne! Hope all had a good Mother's Day!
Kathrin, your boys are precious and the owl is stunning! Dee, don't know about the bell. I know there is a guy here who collects them and has them all across his back yard along the interstate. It's pretty interesting.
Howard, yum.
Varnishing? hm. I am sure I do not follow protocol! I just use a reg. spay varnish.
I've been working all day on my Rialto Bridge painting--and posted my slow progress so far in the What' on your easel. Still plugging along.

Looks like rain on the way. Smells nice outside.

Have a great evening dear Friends!!

Lady Carol
05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
My oldest came out in a rash about a year ago. Had it all over his body. Doctor said it was a food reaction, but the child ate nothing different ten any other day.
The immune system is a crazy thing. Yup I do research it but even still, ya never know. I ate cherries once and got a really good rash out of it. It has never happened again.

and if you change your mind.....just pm me :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I'll take the rash

How can I send this across the pond hmmmm!!! It is soooo cool to drive.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2097-crop-small.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2100-nada-small.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2099-crop-small-np.jpg

Or this...he is soooo cool to ride.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2567.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2553.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2009/11811-IMG_2572.jpg

objectivistartist
05-10-2009, 11:24 PM
The bell could be a Greek ship bell...

OkeeKat
05-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Ruth, thanks for the input.

Carol, I agree!! :thumbsup: One fine machine and one Handsome animal.. quite photogenic.. have you painted him yet??:D

*dee*
05-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Robert, Dad will be glad to hear that suggestion! He thinks it looks Greek. And its not exactly a small bell. The base is 8.25"X 14.5"...overall its 16" tall. The bell itself is 6.5" diameter by 5" (8.75" if you include the pivoting part) high.

And its quite loud......not exactly intended for a doorbell, unless it was for a houseful of deaf folks.

My grandkids love it and can't walk by it without giving it a ring.

Dad intends to mount it on his boat for a "fog bell".

susme48
05-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Carol....my son saw the picks of the car and the horse....it was obvious, that when you send them here, to alleviate the rash, of course (no sense paying overseas shipping charges :angel:), that I will be 'stuck' with Maddie, he LOVES your car!! He made me keep scrolling back to it!

OkeeKat
05-11-2009, 01:32 AM
ok bare with me ... I gotta vent here.. very disconcerting here.

Maybe its me, but I put my portrait in the Portraiture thread to get C&C in hopes that during the process I can fix mistakes suggested.. well tell me if I'm wrong but for having 155 views to my thread and only 4 posts other then my many updates.. isn't there something wrong here??
ok I know I prob shouldn't complain and I RARELY DO!!!
but why not say something good or bad if your gonna view it??,
why just ignore it?:mad:
I figured that forum was for help with portraits! :confused:

Makes me THANK GOD I have you all here for support and help!!!!!

ok I vented, might ot ever post there again. URGH!!
Maybe Lady Carol if know someone over there can figure out whats going on!

link to that thread..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562375

Kathrin G.
05-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave:
No idea about varnishing, so I stay out of it :angel:
Carol, looking at those photos....they really are the reason .....but seems you wont listen :rolleyes: ......:lol:
Stunning photos :clap: Maddie is gorgeous :heart: How big is he ? And yes, most importantly, did you paint or draw him yet ?

No humor for work today. Woke up with a massive pain in the head. Bad, bad, bad. Ian slept the night in my bed.....yawn..... shall see how he is when he gets up.
Hope you all have a nice day and good weather :wave:

susme48
05-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Kathie, I have had similar problems....not totally sure why. Mostly I stick here, where I know I will get help! {{{hugs}}}

Kathrin G.
05-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Staying at home, feel like my head is exploding and the back of my neck is sore to the touch.
Get the kids send to school and taking it easy after that. Hopefully the tablets will ease it off.

idylbrush
05-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Kathrin, hope your headache subsides soon.

Carol, great photos of the car and the horse, and you know that takes a lot for me to comment on a horse other than negatively. Horses and I are not the best of acquaintances.

Kathie, I use a removable varnish (UVLS) so I use a gloss layer before the varnish. I also spray it on, both the gloss medium and the varnish. I am big on allowing a bit of time for each layer to dry before applying the next. I am going to try one of those canned air sprayers instead of the compressor unit to see it that works. Never know until it is tried.

Have a few meetings this week, several doctor appointments, client meetings, and product to order. Going to be busy.

Hoping to get to IKEA on Thursday afternoon. New store just opened up and I am hoping it will be a good venture. It is the largest store in the state of Florida at something absurd like 380,000 square feet, 400 employees and endless parking issues for the opening last week. They were parking cars a mile away and tramming folks to the store.

Susme and Kathie, I have the same issues in most forums so don't take it personally. I think some forums are a bit stiff about "outsiders" and somewhat nervous about commenting. Who knows what goes on in folks minds. I have one image now with over forty hits and not a single comment. Go fig.

Kathrin G.
05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
thank you Howard, it is a tiny bit better, not much tho.
But my oldest is back home from school with a toothache now and needs to be in the dentist by 1.20pm. Lucky we got an appointment at all.
Grandparents cant accompany the child, got to be a parent. Argh, I am not fit to drive, cant bend my neck. Will see if himself's dad can drive me in.

Howard, you sound like you had bad experience with horses. Busy week for you, dont forget to take care of yourself. Have fun in IKEA.

A lot of forums are, just like Howard said, stiff about outsiders. It is not personal, but it is a pity all the same.

AMuse
05-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Good Morning all!

Wow I missed a lot! :)

woke up with a bit of a headache this morning, and a lot on my plate!

The kids are pretty quiet this morning too... I think we're all a little tired! LOL

OkeeKat
05-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Good Morning all!!:wave:
Slept in today, never heard Joe leave. he's off to Texas again till friday!!
quiet here.:D
Started playint with my oils last night, and going to do more today. will see how that goes.

Thanks for the support all!

Howard, thanks appreciate the varnish info.
Kathrin, I do hope all is ok with your neck, hope it just that you slept wrong, No fever I hope in the past week? meningitis/encephalitis always scared me. a friend of mine once had it and had such a bad headache and neck couldnt move off the sofa. sorry dont mean to scare you. Take it easy and see Dr if it doesnt let up.

Off to do laundry, Cya later all!!:wave:

Shirl Parker
05-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Kathie, the statistics you mention can be frustrating, but you have to remember that there are lots of folks looking at art on all of the forums who don't actually have login IDs and therefore can't post comments. A lot of people won't register because they have computer fears and internet fears, and don't want any permanent information available to others. A lot of people like to look at art, but don't feel qualified to comment. And some probably feel that the comment someone else made is the same as they would say, so why repeat it.

I wouldn't take it personally. Go ahead and post there anyway, since the few comments you do get could be just what you need to gain insight on your work.

Lady Carol
05-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Morning everyone :wave:

...and one Handsome animal.. quite photogenic.. have you painted him yet??:DNo not yet. Well I am halfway through doing him. It has me in it too. He was looking better that I was so I gave up.
Dad intends to mount it on his boat for a "fog bell".
Dee it may actually be off a buoy. But then not sure why it would have a hammer with a cord. I also thought that maybe it was a school bell.
155 views to my thread and only 4 posts other then my many updates.. isn't there something wrong here?? Firstly ~10% of viewers take the time to comment. Then secondly often it comes down to having a relationship in the forum. They don't know you so they are less likely to comment.
Carol, looking at those photos....they really are the reason .....but seems you wont listen :rolleyes: ......:lol:
Stunning photos :clap: Maddie is gorgeous :heart: How big is he ? And yes, most importantly, did you paint or draw him yet ?
:lol: I will continue to think about it. The rash seems a little better today, except for the left eye. Maddie is 16.3, Hanoverian. He was imported from Germany. No to a completed drawing. Sorry to hear about the head Kathrin. As my hubby says have you thought about amputation? With some headaches I do think about amputation. :D
Carol, great photos of the car and the horse, and you know that takes a lot for me to comment on a horse other than negatively. Horses and I are not the best of acquaintances.
Thanks Howard. I am flattered that you liked the Maddie photos.Carol....my son saw the picks of the car and the horse....it was obvious, that when you send them here, to alleviate the rash, of course (no sense paying overseas shipping charges :angel:), that I will be 'stuck' with Maddie, he LOVES your car!! He made me keep scrolling back to it!
:lol:

Raymo
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Kathie....the open critique forum might be a better place.

*dee*
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
G'mornin' y'all! :wave:

Not much time to spend on the 'puter...I hate to let my attention be drawn away from Dad for long while he's here. Its bad enough that I've got to go to work later. But at least, between my daughter & grands & myself, there will be very little time he'll have to entertain himself.

Kathie, I know what you mean about the portrait forum. I've asked for help with two different paintings. With one I got a little bit of help, but with "Baby Girl" I got almost no response from the folks there. Oh well, it will probably be a long, long time before I bother with them again.

Kathrin G.
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
:lol: I will continue to think about it. The rash seems a little better today, except for the left eye. Maddie is 16.3, Hanoverian. He was imported from Germany.

I knew there had to be a good reason for his outstanding good looks :smug: ....not that I am biased or anything :rolleyes: :angel: ......great country and quality work for horses and cars :smug: :wink2: :D :lol:
He is a dream :heart:
Kathy, sorry to hear you got a headache too. Hope you are better soon.
Kathie, thanks for the good thoughts. No, no fever, no rash or anything. "Just" pain in the head, neck, spine :(
Seriously considering a visit to my GP this evening tho.
Good Morning Dee and Shirl :wave:

Just back from the dentist, spend 2 hours in there. Took 3 doses of anaesthetic, but his tooth is out. It is a permanent one and boy did he suffer :( But not a tear, brave lad. Promised him a new game for his console if there were no tears as a bribe tho :p :lol:
Trying to take it easy myself. Got stronger tablets in the chemist and give them a try now. Sun is shining and I am stuck inside, feel like going mad.

objectivistartist
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Dad intends to mount it on his boat for a "fog bell". And that is what a ship bell is for :thumbsup:

Katwyld
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Goodness y'all have been chatty! Howdy y'all! Rashes, neck pain, flu, tooth aches... no good, not at all. Hope everyone gets to feeling better whether it you or your family.. *hugs*

Not much going on here, been working on the cake topper (and I'll be sure to post a pic up here once there's something I can show. They're both still unclothed and while I didn't put much detail in, really don't need to get Ray going and making comments about my Mom. :rolleyes:), playing with my CPs,... went to a flea market and then a gun show on Saturday and went to the range to do a little shooting on Sunday... generally a nice, laid back weekend, really.

Bright Eyes
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
ok bare with me ... I gotta vent here.. very disconcerting here.

Maybe its me, but I put my portrait in the Portraiture thread to get C&C in hopes that during the process I can fix mistakes suggested.. well tell me if I'm wrong but for having 155 views to my thread and only 4 posts other then my many updates.. isn't there something wrong here??
ok I know I prob shouldn't complain and I RARELY DO!!!
but why not say something good or bad if your gonna view it??,
why just ignore it?:mad:
I figured that forum was for help with portraits! :confused:

Kathie I post in a lot of different forums on wetcanvas. None of them out do the acrylic forum in both response and how nice and helpful the folks are. The portrait forum gets some really good critiques but takes about a week for the various folks that give the good critiques to show up. The open critique forum will respond a lot faster but just keep in mind they are really opinionated and you may not like what they have to say. I've received very good critiques from both forums. The acrylic forum is actually one of the worse for critique. Everyone is so nice that its hard to get an honest critique:) Hope this helps.

Hope you all have a lovely day!:wave:

Lady Carol
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
The acrylic forum is actually one of the worse for critique. Everyone is so nice that its hard to get an honest critique:)
:) that is interesting.

Bright Eyes
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
:) that is interesting.
When I do paintings in acrylic I post them here first then to the critique areas. I've had some flat out mean and very off topic, and un called for critiques. On such occasions I can always check out my post in the acrylic forum and read all the nice supportive comments. Works out nicely for me:thumbsup:

susme48
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Good 'almost' morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances,Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

It must be the morning for headaches!! Is this National Headache Month or something, and they forgot to tell us?? I have lost count of how many I have had so far! Kathrin and Kathy I hope yours get better!! Mine is a bit better but my right eye is still messed up.

Never fair when it is a beautiful day, either you or a child or work interfere with being out in it, after a dreary winter!

I really enjoyed seeing the pics of my hubby and Elaine! I am so envious, that I could not go on this trip...sigh!! But nice that they could meet!

Kim, you are probably right in all that you said. I just always feel like I am ripping the person apart if I say anything, especially if no one else has said anything. I feel too new; so sometimes I pm them so I don't embarrass anyone, or myself...:lol: But I do appreciate honest, constructive criticism...because it helps me to grow. And without it, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Have to admit that when the composition and design forum told me to give up on one...it spurred me to keep doing it and changing it till I liked it. I doubt it will ever sell, but I don't care. It is on paper, but weighs more than any of my canvases because there are soooooo many layers of paint on it. :lol:

Am taking today as a veg day! Last week plum wore me out! Am considering looking online, and seeing what I can find. I just might spend the money I made on frivilous supplies. I had said I would use it to get my hair done, but I might just ask hubby for that, for either my birthday or anniversay, which are fast approaching; he does understand perms and haircuts better than art supplies...:) I shall have to look and see what deals I can find. Maybe I won't talk myself out of it this time....:lol:

Bright Eyes
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Have to admit that when the composition and design forum told me to give up on one...it spurred me to keep doing it and changing it till I liked it. I doubt it will ever sell, but I don't care. It is on paper, but weighs more than any of my canvases because there are soooooo many layers of paint on it. :lol:

Yes thats what I mean about the not so nice comments. Doesn't matter how bad the composition and design are, you can always fix it with color and values (its just going to be a wee bit harder). I've been told to just "take it as a learning experience and move on to the next painting". Glad you just kept on going! Constructive criticism is great. But when your told your painting basically sucks and there is no way to fix it, well lets just say its not so helpful and maybe some folks should keep their mouths shut(and fingers still:thumbsup: )

susme48
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Kim, IF (:lol:) I have one fault, it is that I HATE being told that I cannot do something. It sets my back up, and by God I WILL do it, just to show you that you cannot tell me not to!! It is a trait that is rather odd with the rest of my personality, since I normally have very low self-esteem, and am not assertive and am very very non-confrontational. :o I warned Bob about it at the very beginning...so he never tells me I can't...well he did once, and did not like the consequences...:lol:

Anyway, when they said they did not think I could NOT rescue this, I had to prove, at least to myself that I could. I fixed every area that I was told was off: I was told the values were off...everything was weighted on the left...that your eyes fell out of the painting in the right corner...that it had no depth,the water was too rough and had no reflections...and so on. There were no comments on my finale...so who knows what they thought...:lol: I was amazed when in another post I was told it was very well balanced with all those line and grid stuff ( geometry or trig...not sure) that some of you understand. :lol: and that completely loses me.

This is just a few of the twelve recorded steps, and there were many that were not. I had the fish and the water a number of different colors, from goldfish to coy and back to catfish. But it gives you an idea, maybe? I was told the values were off...everything was weighted on the left...that your eyes fell out of the painting in the right corner...that it had no depth, no reflections...and so on. There were no comments on my finale...so who knows what they thought...:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2009/51170-branches.jpg

Sorry if I am boring you all...just figured I would hang out here most of the day...:o

Lady Carol
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Artists are a fickle bunch.

OkeeKat
05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
HEHE True Carol,
Susan I love the first and final, the second and third seem same, I see nothing wrong with either. I do like the idea of the uneven stream.
great shadows on the final!
I try to be honest too but sometime when not sure what to say, I post just a compliment. but I look at some art and think of how would I do that.
guess its all of what one likes. I'm not specialist on compositon so cant realy say, I Paint what I like and what I think looks good, but definately value the opinion of MANY of the different artists here!!

so many have such different styles its interesting to see how others suggest this or that an you just take it into consideration and make it work from that to to fix and make it into what you like. also some compliments are VERY GOOD for the ego of some of us.. very new artists, its what keeps us going!!!:D

susme48
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
If I had stayed in the critique forum, I am not sure I would have kept painting...so glad I found this one to make my home!!!

I am also glad that I have grown enough to not always change what is criticized, if I like it the way it is. And you are right, that some compliments is what keeps those of us who are new, the drive to keep going. (that and a sale or two....:D)

Carol...is it that artists are fickle, or are alot of fickle people artists? Kind of a chicken and egg thing. Creative people seem to often have problems with self-esteem and depression...but I don't think the creativity causes it; tho' I don't know if the depression causes the creativity. Sometimes the more intelligent one is, the more unstable they are....but not always. Perhaps the intelligence and the depressions, etc., cause us to see the world in a different way, and that is what drives us to create, in so many different styles...whether it be art, or writing, or whatever.

Who knows...other than I have too much time to ponder such things....:lol:

Kathrin G.
05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Susan, whoooooooo, this talk is waaaaayyyyyyy to deep :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go online shopping for art supplies and have fun with your paints. There are people out there who get paid to think about all this serious stuff. We get paid to follow our muse around :wink2: :lol: :D

It is way too early for me, but I am going to bed. My head is feeling worse and I hope to get to sleep before it gets any worse still. Will have to wait and see what I feel like in the morning to make a decision about work or doctor.
Enjoy your day / afternoon / evening / night / morning :wave:

susme48
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry Kathrin...:) Sorry that your head is still bothering you! I hope you feel better in the am!!!

dances_with_oils
05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Bell hammers with a cord are called a bell pull. Most Navies around the world teach their sailors to do knots by getting them to make a bell pull ( I still have mine that I made as an green Officer Cadet.)

examples of ships and submariner service dolphins:

http://landandseacollection.com/id98.html

http://www.submarinestore.com/images/products/housewares/coasters-round.jpg

http://www.saoc-central.com/Dolphins.html

http://www.aboutsubs.com/dolphins.htm

http://www.goatlocker.org/boats/dolphin.htm

Modern Navies borrow imagery and superstitions from the Greek mythology. Delphin is one - a once servant to the King-god Poseidon. The dolphin is thought to protect all sailors - hence it's use in many naval symbols and insignias. Why not post your bell on a navy site and see what the old salts have to say.

Lady Carol
05-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Carol...is it that artists are fickle, or are alot of fickle people artists? Kind of a chicken and egg thing. Creative people seem to often have problems with self-esteem and depression...but I don't think the creativity causes it; tho' I don't know if the depression causes the creativity. Sometimes the more intelligent one is, the more unstable they are....but not always. Perhaps the intelligence and the depressions, etc., cause us to see the world in a different way, and that is what drives us to create, in so many different styles...whether it be art, or writing, or whatever.
'Tis way too deep for me. :D I personally think the former because artists are trained to think a particular way. Statements like "whimsical" really get my toad on the road. The self esteem issue comes (I believe) from the fact that we pour our heart and soul into a piece to have the viewer say it is crap or they do not understand it. Of course we get upset by that. Who wouldn't? Our art is very personal to us, no wonder we take great offense at a bad critique.

Actually Susan, to change the topic, I think you nailed it on the head when you mentioned the lab and my rash. I have come to the conclusion it is a contact dermatitis of some sort. Not sure what the chemical was or how I got it on my hand but there we are. Anyway it is much better this evening. Phew! I don't have to send Maddie or the car, far far away.

susme48
05-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Carol....Bubba will be so disappointed....:) But I am glad it is better. Did not mean to get so deep...sometimes my thoughts just wander off and unfortunately my fingers follow...:o

Katwyld
05-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Bah, and Jon already started on the stable in the backyard for him! :p

As far as artists go... Honestly, I think part of it is schooling... they learn what's right, what's good, what's art, what's inspiring... and anyone that doesn't agree with what they're taught isn't 'smart' enough to understand it... So the lay person gets poopoo-d... nevermind that that layperson might be the one about to buy a painting. :lol:

Alright need to drag the hubby off to bed... he fell asleep on the couch while playing a game. heh Yeah, we both need sleep!

*dee*
05-12-2009, 02:17 AM
This is a nice forum....but that doesn't mean that we don't offer up critique when asked (an occasionally when not). I just think that for the most part we are gentle.

My own thinking is...
1...I'm pretty new at this whole art thing...but I love it!
2...a person's art is a personal thing...we put a bit of ourselves on the canvas.
3...there is...99.99% of the time...good points to every painting.
4...it takes very little effort to point out the positives.
5...pointing out a positive, then the negatives, then another positive, both acknowledges the artist's success and strong points and points out the critic's opinion regarding the shortcomings, and leaves a "good taste" in everyone's mouth (hopefully).
6...I think it benefits everybody to have an environment that is supportive & educational...I think the two can coexist.
7...I hope I never get so arrogant as to think that my opinion, or an opinion that I have been taught, is the final word. (If I do, please slap me....hard.)
8...Having others look at your painting with "fresh eyes" is indescribably helpful, and I love that the Acrylic Forum takes "helpful" seriously.

Kathrin G.
05-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave: Coffee is ready and painkillers on the counter :rolleyes:
Yep, still got it :( Heading down to the doctor around 12ish. Hate going earlier as there are always so many people there.
Lovely sunshine outside again. Its a bugger if you cant go out and enjoy it.

Susan, hope you are thinking about lighter thoughts today :wink2: :lol:
Carol, glad you are better :) Guess you get to keep car and Maddie so :lol:
Kat, hope you had a good sleep and feel all bright eyed this morning.
Dee, good points all around :thumbsup:
Me personally, I drive on a good critic. A good critic to me means
--> point out the negative and offer a solution for it.
No point shooting someones art down saying how bad it is if you cant offer an idea at least to make it better.

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I know that I generally won't critique unless there has been a specific request. Some folks just don't want it. When I do a critique, which is rare, I like to start with the positives, then go over the areas that I feel need some attention, with suggestions for change and then finish with something positive.

To many use critique as a tool of embarrassment and belittlement. My thought is that it should be a tool to assist another/fellow artist and ask them to consider an alternate approach to their current path.

The varnishing things, yet again.

I use a barrier coat of gloss medium which is thinned considerably and apply several layers and allow that to dry for a few days before spraying on a UVLS removable varnish.

It generally requires a compressor, paint sprayer and all that. So recently I have been trying to rethink ways of applying the varnish. My first thought was to get one of the smaller Wagner high-volume low-pressure sprayers. I have one coming and I will be experimenting with that. Well, yesterday I was up at Home Depot, my toy store, and I found a small spray gun unit that is basically disposable. It is made by a company called preval and the cost is under $15. It has a reusable glass container and a disposable propellant container with a fresh valve and stem on each unit. Each unit costs about eight dollars I believe, so this morning I decided to give it a whirl. I did a rather healthy dilution of gloss medium with distilled water and loaded up a little unit and started spraying and much to my delight and surprise it worked very well. I am now allowing the first layer to dry I will turn 90 and spray a second layer and maybe even a third or fourth. After that is done I will clean unit make sure that it is thoroughly dried out and I will then add the diluted varnish to the same unit and give that a try. It may be a good solution for some of us that are not having good luck with varnish. So far I like it, I can get a nice even layer of varnish very quickly and with no brush marks or fingerprints. Works for me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-Photo_12.jpg

http://www.prevalspraygun.com/

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17830

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
whoa,, I gotta look and read beack here, but gonna have to be later! just wanted to pop in to day Hope everyone had a great weekend and the moms out there had a wonderful mother's day,, mine was good,, Mark and I both worked, then he brought some yummy steaks home, so we grilled steaks and had baked taters,, ( we dont eat taters anymore, much, so this was a real treat)
then after dinner, as I was about to totally crash, Mark decides to bring in the drafting table,, can I just say, that sucker is heavy? and it will NEVER, as long as I live, come out of that basement?? It was a huge undertaking, but it is there, in it's place, put together and I have not had time to get down there to use it yet.. sigh,,
be back later to read and catch up! love ya all!
buh bye!

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Mary, we need pictures, lots of them.

noodle1
05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Thanks Kathrin, will take the coffee but the pain killers I will pass on. Gosh I hope you feel better today.

I've got coffee and juice too, omelets and bagels.

I've tried to read everything, hahaha and will remember at least some of what I've read. I stayed at Lori's on Sunday after taking Jess to the ER, Lori wasn't feeling all that good so I drove and then stayed to get Jess up during the night for treatments etc., We went mainly for the asthma, hoping and praying it hadn't already gone into phenomena, it hadn't, it isn't and thank goodness.
Came home in morning, slept and went back later cause it was her birthday and she was looking a whole lot better. Yay My excuse for not stopping by yesterday.

Wow you've been talking up a storm.

Carol happy to hear that your rash is on the go and that both the car and Maddie are staying, LOL However if they both were en-route I would have had to intervene and bring Maddie home with me...LOL He is gorgeous. I've been eyeballing a particular steed at the farm where Lori is and wondering if it worth getting another again. I can still ride but not as "free" as I use to.
Wouldn't be doing anymore "barrel racing" that's for sure....LOL

Kathie sorry you got so frustrated. Me I think I'm past all that, so many years of being run over I guess, and then so many years of getting back up and having the opportunity to "get in your face" and go nah nah nah na..LOL

Don't know about fickle, or depression spurring greatness, or self-esteem, probably all a part of it, but I think for the most part we just come out different from the get go..lol My mother knew something was up when I use to make "faces" or "scenes" with my food on my plate..lol

I agree with Howard. My biggest thing is to get someone to see for themselves. If you don't see what's missing or needs to be changed I can tell you all I want and at times a person could still think it's just me being obnoxious.

Depends on how much one wants to know and how much one is willing to see for themselves and listen. You can generally tell at times too, if they improve then ya know how much, if they don't then it's okay too that's where they are.

Working with artist's was different, it was a job and they had to listen because it was client orientated, so since I was the art director they either listened or the job was passed on to someone else, whole different zone then on a place like this. Didn't mean they weren't any good at what they did, just meant they couldn't get out of the way of their own ego and it wasn't actually about them in that situation. I back off a little here only because having worked so long in the field I have to watch myself and my old habits but I was never unkind at work, thing is how much truth does someone really want. There are ways of offering help without being critical, some people just haven't learned that yet and perhaps never will. But you take what you can from even a coarse remark and make it work for you.

Anyway...lol I need to get back to trees..lol Hope everyone has a good day.
No more headaches, neck aches, frustrating moments, rashes and the only
struggle is for that creative energy to get on a canvas. LOL

Hugs all round,
Elaine

PattiLou
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM
37 degrees and frost this morning.:eek:

I agree a critique should point out the good parts, point out what could be improved (notice - I didn't say the bad parts, lol) and add some advice for improving if you have any suggestions. Mostly I don't say much if I have no suggestions. I don't say anything in Portraits because I have not done portraits. If a portrait is posted in Acrylics and you ask for a critique I might say something if I see something that looks 'off' to me, but I most likely would not know how to fix it.:o

Everyone should feel free to critique my work as I need all the help I can get.:lol:

Kathrin and Carol - hope you are getting better by the minute.

Have a wonderful day, I think I will keep my sweatshirts handy for awhile.

Kathrin G.
05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Howard, great that your new toy works so well for you :clap:
Mary, hurray for getting the table in place :clap: Pictures please :D
Elaine, hope everyone around you is feeling better.
Patti, sorry about the weather. Cant stay around for much longer now tho...hopefully.

Went to the doctor,headache is coming from the neck/upper back. It is travelling into the head. Some good news I guess. I am on strong anti inflammatory tablets and off for the week. Thomas got an away Hurling match this evening, got to find someone to give him a lift. I cant drive as it is, himself got work and the boys grandad got to take Ian to Hurling training in our local pitch. So much to do........
Hopefully the pain will ease up soon and I can get at least some painting done :) Need to get some trees painted soon :p

sun is still shining here, rain in the forecast for tomorrow tho :rolleyes:

sveldstra
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Good morning all, Just another quick fly by. The show is eating up all my time and my mom and sister arrive tomorrow and my house is a disaster. Hopefully by the end of the month some of my time will be mine again. Hope everyone is doing well.

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3975.jpg
Three days later. Whoa!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3976.jpg
Fig is getting bigger, little by little.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3977.jpg
Melon mountain
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3978.jpg
This is the jasmine bush I tried to massacre a few weeks back. Coming back with a vengeance.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3979.jpg
first bud on the ginger plant
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3980.jpg
New growth on the white bird of paradise
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-CIMG3981.jpg
New refridgerator :smug: :clap:

Lady Carol
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I've been eyeballing a particular steed at the farm where Lori is and wondering if it worth getting another again. I can still ride but not as "free" as I use to.
Go for it Elaine. Why not if you can still ride. OK so your goals for it may be different. It is terrific exercise (I tell myself that all the time) I recognize that as we get older we need more reliable mounts. Maddie I will keep for as long as I possibly can. He is the sanest beastie I have ever owned and I won't say the easiest to ride as I have learnt a lot of equitation in the last 18 months and still learning. But for the first time I have a positive relationship with a horse that I own.

Hi everyone....gotta dash. Off to a pharma company that I do work for. They feed me lunch :D

AMuse
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Good Morning all. I've been super busy (and will be for the rest of the week.)

One of the drawbacks of doing business online is that you don't always have options... I had a potential customer contact me about buying four of my pieces, and asked if I could work a deal for the four (I was willing to ship for free and give a small discount) She was very excited about the deal was ready to go ahead... and then vanished. I tried contacting her a few times, but no reply.

sigh...

(I could have used that money!)

oh well.... back to the paying customers. I have three pendants to finish and a very wee commission this week! Now - just waiting for the tiny terrorist to go to school!

susme48
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances,Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Amen, Dee!!! I KNOW it coexists...I see it all the time!! And am so greatful for it!! I think that is why we are so quick to get our 'dander' up when people from other forums come in and get hypercritical of one of our own; because we do not do it 'that' way here.

Kathrin, so sorry you are not feeling better!! I hate headaches!! Mine is down to that dull feeling, where your head feels kind of 'cloudy' and things look kind of dull?

Howard....you hit the nail on the head! That type of critique, to me anyway, is the kind that helps you grow. Belittleing does not help. Keep us updated on the sprayer, I am sure it's cheaper in the long run than buying the cans...or the big compressor.

Yeah, Mary...lots of pics!! The one I found, may have originally had more parts? but I just sit it on top of a table, and it works very nicely...the one problem I see, is there is no where to lay things down without them sliding off?

Morning Elaine!! Bob said to tell you that next time he is up he will treat you to a truckers steak dinner....a bottle of Ripple and a trip to McDonalds...:lol: He had such a good time meeting you! Ah yes...trees...must do trees!! Her ears perk up...horses??????

Kathrin, try to take it easy!!

Sharon...hi and bye!! I can relate to the disaster that once was my house...sigh. And I have a home visit this afternoon. I have decided that I don't care...:lol: No time or energy to do but a lick and a promise as my granny used to say.

Nice looking frig, Howard; and the flowers and garden are looking wonderful!!

Nothing like a free lunch to perk one up, Carol!

Kathy...maybe an emergency came up and she will get back to you later...sure hope so. In memory of last week, I know there is stuff I was supposed to do, but cannot remember what....:lol: it may come to me later.

Gonna do my lick and promise, and change out of my snoopy pj's.

Later all!!

Katwyld
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Howdy y'all... actually had a busy morning here today! :clap: Very happy for that, made the morning fly by.

Elaine, glad to hear Jess is feeling better at least. It's no fun feeling yucky on your birthday (or really any holiday). And yes, look seriously at the horse... what's the point of living if you're not having fun doing it?

Susan, I wouldn't either. heh What kind of visit is it? Might not be a bad idea for them to see the house a little disheveled if it's trying to see if you need more help. :)

Kathy, sending good luck your way... agreeing with Susan, hoping she just had an emergency pop up. *hugs*

Carol, enjoy your lunch! (lucky woman. heh)

Howard, more beauties... what kind of melons will they be? And pretty fridge. heh

I hope you get a break soon, Sharon... but you'll have this successful show under your belt and it will feel good, I'm sure.

Kathrin, at least they know where it's coming from, that's a good thing. Hope you get some relief soon. Got ok sleep, and I never feel bright eyed when I wake up... heh

Mary, yes, pics!

So, got on a cleaning bug when I got home yesterday... shaved down Remi (the poodle... he's a big one, 3ft tall), clipped all the dogs' nails, trimmed up Duncan's face, vacuumed the house, swept the floor, bathed all three dogs, cleaned the cat litter boxes, showered myself, made dinner... I think I'm still tired from it. heh But it's good to have the dogs cleaned up, and I'll have to give them another bath before we head to Buffalo at the end of the month for Mom's wedding, but it'll be easier then, especially with Remi groomed up now (just have a little refining to do to him when I get home today.)

And now, since it's slow here at the moment, I'm gonna go play with my CPs. :D Have a good day y'all!

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Took a few pics that night, but have not been down there since,, sigh,,
will post pics as soon as I can!
Sue, I had thought of that, as the top of this thing is huge, 70X40, thought maybe setting a tv stand or some thing along side to lay stuff on. will have to play and see what works.

noodle1
05-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Back for lunch, hmm wonder if Carol will bring some back from the freebie..lol

Sue tell Bob he already bought dinner LOL And I will never forgive Devon for helping him get the bill! I enjoyed meeting him too, ya got yourself a wonderful guy!

Kat have fun playing, I just put my groceries away, was lazy again and had them delivered...haha

Hi Kathy, sorry bout that woman! She'll be back if she's smart.

Howard that's a nice, neat looking refrigeration, looks like it fits perfectly too!
Oh and the garden well what does one say that she hasn't said a thousand times. Ah pass the melon? And I like jasmine so ya could dig it up and send it to me if it's botherin' ya..LOL

Patti chilly here too, but suns out! Gotta be worth something..haha Stay comfortable!

Mary I'm waiting for pictures too! Hurray it's all in place, now enjoy the daylights out of it!

Yes the horse..I'm thinkin bout it unfortunately more and more each day.
Have to see what they're asking for him. Next time I'm out there if he's in the field I'll take a pix, then get the horse experts to check him out. I'd give up the pool for a horse, lol kind of like my kingdom for a horse thing. No way I'd be getting both.

Least my garden is looking better and a few things in bloom or at least budding. Thought I lost the stargazers but they're going to town. New lilies kind of slow but growing. Lots of green so far but better then just dirt! Nothing in my garden as exotic as Howards but lots of things won't grow up here so I have to be content..or move.

Kathrin hope you get some relief soon, just rest if you have the chance.
Feel better...Hugs

Okay since I've done nothing guess I should go do something. Ah yes lunch..lol Have a good rest of the day everyone see ya later.

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Bright Eyes
05-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Morning everyone:wave:

Dee thats a good break down!

Kathrin hope you get to feeling better. At least you can paint though:)

Howard thats a nifty sprayer! What kind of nozzles do you use for your compressor sprayer? I've been considering getting some nozzles so I can spray paint on my panels for different effects. We have a couple compressors we use for texturing small drywall jobs. I figure might as well use it for my painting too:) And what do you use to put the paint/varnish in? I understand there is a little bottle to connect up by the nozzle right?

Patti why on earth do you have frost?!?! I would feel really weird sending sun and warmth from Alaska to you but I can if I need to:cool:

Sharon good luck with the show! My house hits disaster the couple weeks before the show. I'm a great procrastinator so those last couple weeks are crunch time for painting:eek:

Carol Yay for lunch! Nothing like free food to keep a person motivated:thumbsup:

Kathy it sucks that the sale fell through. I do a lot of commission work and until the down payment is recieved and contracts signed I don't even get my hope up anymore. I've had many people who want paintings and in the end just don't get them.

Susan good morning:wave:

Kat enjoy your CPs! Nice to have everything done and in order:thumbsup:

Mary waiting for the pics!

Well I've got a whole lot to do today. So I figured I'd come get on the internet:angel: I'm going to be working on the computer to day (quickbooks from the:evil: ) so I'll probably check back in later.

Bright Eyes
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Elaine glad your garden is coming along. And we really do need pictures of that horse! And since puddles are abundant where you live, who needs a pool anyways:rolleyes: Have a great day:wave:

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/36241-5177.jpeg
It is a hybrid named "Amy" and here is the description. Available through Park Seeds.

Needs just 6 feet of garden space -- or a sturdy trellis!
70 days from transplants. Amy has beguiled All-America Selection judges across the country (including ours right here in the trial gardens!) with its sweetly fragrant, juicy, absolutely succulent fruit. An easy-to-grow vining melon that tolerates stressful conditions from drought to poor soil, it needs just 6 feet of garden space (or a sturdy trellis!) to keep you in yummy fruit for weeks!
Each melon of this unusual "canary" type weighs about 2 to 3 pounds, with a roundish shape, smooth golden rind, and super-fragrant white flesh. The seed cavity is quite small, giving you a few extra bites in every fruit. And the flavor is definitely the best part -- succulent, juicy, and rich, it is distinctive from other types of melons and uniquely delicious!

Amy is a fine choice for new and experienced gardeners alike. It doesn't need a lot of space in the garden, usually spreading 4 to 5 feet wide or high (if trained up a fence or trellis). Super for limited-space gardens, it tolerates a good deal of stress without losing a single fruit!

Start the seeds indoors or direct-sow when the soil warms in spring. Sprouts begun inside will reach transplant size in about 5 to 7 weeks, and should be set out about 6 feet apart in the garden. Pkt is 15 seeds.

I think I am going to set a trellis today and get it to grow up that if possible.

I use an assortment of airbrushes for my work. The easiest is the Paasche H series with the H-3 being middle of the road. Very easy to clean and simple to operate.

The new spray unit I showed earlier works great. I am impressed. Easy to clean and pretty easy to use. Just had to water everything down to a 1:1 with distilled water. Works fine.

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Howard,, Amy looks great,, I bet she tastes sweet too. can't wait to hear.

We had a frost this morning too,, brrr,, had to cover up my tomato plants and yellow pepper and my tipsy pot!
it is not unusual for us to get at least one more frost the week after Memorial Day,. so I am not surprised..
We are getting some company in June this year that hubby and I both are dreading,, shame on us,, but some guests are HIGH Maintenance,, and this is one of them,, sigh,, and to top it off, this guest always leaves it up in the air as to when they will be arriving, we found out last year that she was staying with us and hubby wasn't even going to be home! argh! so I had to do the entertaining! It wouldn't be so bad but this person pounces on ya as soon as ya walk out of the bedroom in the morning! and it really hard to say,, "get outa the way ,, I gotta pee!! "
well I guess maybe it isn't all that hard now is it? hmmm,, boy is she in for it! LOL
anyway, that has been making me a tad bit crazy too.. oh wait, I aready was a tad bit, ,so now I must be a tad bit more!!
I am going ot depend on you guys to be here for me to vent ...
Elaine, glad everyone is on the mend there.

Oh Howard,, nice fridge! bet it will save yo some serious money on electric too! we are going to have to get one, one of these days,, just hoping ours hang in there for a while more.

Ah Elaine, a horse, I havea gal who comes in here that had two full size and one mini given to her, the lady who owned them never gave them a bit of attention, made her hubby even feed them,, so the hubby got disgusted and gave them to this gal who last year had asked to buy one of them,, but the lady boohoo'd and said how ,much she loved them,, but never even rode one of them,,
this gal is thrilled to death with them,, got rid of the mini as she didn't want it in the first place, the one she had her heart set on turned out to be a stinker, and the one she didn't want turned out to be a great rider,, so she kept that one and sold the other one,, ( or gave it away to a good home, not sure how that worked out) don't quote me, but I am thinking one was a paint.?
Kat, wow, you sure where busy when you got home yesterday, usually by the time I get home from work, I am just about shot,, I have to force myself to get anything done.good for you,, I got tons of work done over the weekend,, well, got lots started, let's say, not a ton DONE.. sigh..

I DO have the bruises on my arm to prove I DID help with the table moving! I saw that yesterday and though, Oh my gosh,, where did that come from? ,, oh,, duh,,
well better get a move on and get back to work,, for a bit,,LOL,,
ta ta!

AMuse
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Everyone - I"m back... Watching Emily while she rests on the couch... she's been sent home from school because she feels sick (sore throat and earache. I hope it's not an ear/throat infection....) :(

And I was actually making progress on my work too... but now it's back to full mommy mode!

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Awww Kathy so sorry Emily is sick...

susme48
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Lordy, started to answer this almost an hour ago...this is not gonna be a productive day...:lol: The home visit was to update our paperwork for the state, for getting home and community based services. Our case worker is really nice...and she is young, and usually has another young lady with her, so Bubba spends his time going back and forth between them flirting. It is not really something they would do...but is state required.

Just as we have to prove that Bubba is still disabled periodically...like there would be a change that would make him normal...sigh...IF ONLY!!! I understand that there are people that cheat...but let me tell you this, anyone who is REALLY disabled would give anything to not be, and so would their caregivers!!

They usually never go past the kitchen on these visits, since it is alot of paperwork to sign, but on the once a month visits we sometimes sit in the living room; so I usually try to at least straighten the whole house some...so I am not too embarrassed. It looks better than it did...tho' one cannot walk into the master closet...:lol: great place to hide things!

Kat, anytime you get that bug, feel free to take a road trip...my house can always use some work! :o tho' we'd probably talk the whole time...or paint.

Mary, mine is only 42x30. but I only have a couple inches left on each side of it...and it has a 6" tray on the right side, that I stuffed with the extra stuff I use...tape, pencils, glitter (acid free and archival, or so it says), molding paste, gels, sponges, stamps ( haven't tried those yet), screw driver, pliers....etc. I use old ashtrays to lay brushes in if I am going back and forth with colors or processes, and I don't want them in the water yet...and I tend to lay a bunch of paint tubes out, cause I am not palette trained yet...:o tho' I now have created two. Thought about trying to attach a rod about 2/3 of the way up, to keep stuff from sliding...but so used to it being in front of my easel and beside it. I really like the slant of the drafting table tho' and the little table easel is OK for small paintings, but not so much for large ones. I know I am not probably ever gonna stand and paint...between my knees, hips and back...I don't think I could do it for very long. I do want to try to adapt to it, for awhile yet, and see cause other than the sliding off, I love the angle, and being able to access the whole painting better. Thought about sliding it forward on the table, but then I would have trouble reaching it...so not sure it would save me anything that way!

Elaine...I really think I got a good one too!! :D
I hear more horse talk...sigh!

Mary good luck with the 'high maintenance' guests!! Maybe if you walk out of your bedroom with a bucket....and when she asks why, you could say in case I have to pee while we are talking? It might give her a hint? :o Next time anyone is giving away horses...let me know!!

Poor little terrorist...no fun to be sick!! I know about switching modes...did alot of that last week and this week so far!! Bubba's virus is still affecting him some. Hope this goes quickly and she feels better soon! {{{hugs to you both}}}

If I missed anything or anyone....blame it on all the phone calls and interruptions!!

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
The refrigerator is huge. The crisper drawers alone are bigger than many. The freezer is already at -10F.

Put up a trellis for the melons tonight.

Had to get a new TV signal amplifier today. Since they switched the local channels over to digital, TV has been awful.

Decided on the framing for the new commission piece. Now to get it ordered.

Hoping for some rain tonight. It is just north of here and east of here and seems to be heading toward this area. Now if it will just open up and let the rain go.

The yard is in need of moisture for sure.

Made a chicken stroganof tonight and it was very tasty.

Got to get to some paperwork I have been avoiding. Wish me luck.:(

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
okay, here is my new baby!!

Lady Carol
05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Yes the horse..I'm thinkin bout it unfortunately more and more each day.
Have to see what they're asking for him. Next time I'm out there if he's in the field I'll take a pix, then get the horse experts to check him out. I'd give up the pool for a horse, lol kind of like my kingdom for a horse thing. No way I'd be getting both.
Try before you buy. I suggest several times. :D I rode Maddie for a week

PattiLou
05-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry for the confusion Kim, we are travelling and currently in Richmond, Indiana visiting our family in Ohio. Is that clear as mud.:lol: Actually the campground in Ohio is full for the month of May and Richmond is just across the border, so here we are.

Whoohoo, look at Mary's new table!

Howard, have you been visiting my house while we are gone? Looks just like my fridge. Kinda coincidental, we go away and you have a new fridge, huh?

A bunch of the family still has the yukkies... anyone know where I can get a bargain on hand sanitizer?

Raymo
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh you have lots of room, Mary. You big fibber. Lol, youre always talking about your cramped dark dungeon. It's nice and bright and lots of space. I like using a big h type easel but I usually end up holding the canvas in my lap and doing close up type work....because....i'm a detail freak. Like you, lol....:lol:

(we're nowhere near as bad as Noodles)

:evil:<------KIM

Kathrin G.
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Have been doodling away on the horse portrait for the night, trying to get the colour at least a tiny bit closer to the real thing. Just looked at the clock.....:eek: gone 1am :eek:
were did the night go :confused:
Spend the afternoon in the garden. After I got myself a good dose of my meds, I felt good enough to go out a while. Got some baby plants into the ground and my Dahlia tubers too. Now I just got some Glad's to plant and Lilies to move from pots to the garden and I am pretty much organised :D
The ground is way to dry again, but there is lots of rain in the forecast.
Good Night all :wave: will catch up on posts in the morning.

Bright Eyes
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
:evil:<------KIM

Your just saying that because I don't have my dog yet! Taunt and tease all you want, I'll have the little whipper snapper this weekend:smug:

Kathrin this whole time zone thing is messing me up:confused: Its 4:30 pm here. Bright and sunny. Sounds like your going to have a beautiful yard!

Patti, yep its all clear as mud:) Either way, if I'm in Alaska enjoying the sun and you got a frost down there thats still pretty strange.

Mary that table looks great!

Howard glad the refridgerator is working out for you. And good luck on the paper work!

Susan hope it all works out with the helpers. At least Bubba is enjoying it:D

Lady Carol
05-12-2009, 09:54 PM
okay, here is my new baby!!
Wow. What I would give to get something like that.......

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Ray, did I really say my studio was cramped? or I was cramped up? Due to freezing my ass off? LOL
You see that little heater off to the left on the floor? that was my heat source all winter,, talk about brr!! I hope to be able to work at the table and get it to go up a bit higher, but right now I am happy as can be! not sure if maybe working it will maybe loosen it up or if it is just stuck there, it is really a shame it sat in a barn for all those years, and got as bad as it was,, but it cleaned up pretty with a bit of elbow grease!

idylbrush
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks as though the rain is going to pass us by. Just skirted right around here. Hit north of us and south of us but not us. Drat!

That little sprayer is rather impressive I must admit. May be a bit to expensive to operate on a regular basis but as a now and again tool it will work just fine.

On the best sprayer for a compressor, I was at home depot recently and they had a very small sprayer for 29.99 and it looked as good as some that I paid almost 200.00 for. Is it the same, doubt it but the bottom line is the results not the price of the equipment. If it works, what the hey.

noodle1
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Just came in to say goodnight.

Kathy sorry bout your little one, hope she's feeling better and it's not an ear and throat infection, poor little cute terrorist. Hugs to you both.

Carol I'm afraid if I do get in the saddle I'm sunk, lol but no I would ride him.
Thing is I sold all my tack and it would be just like me to fall off an English saddle, don't sit one well tat all...LOL They're for ladies I'm a tomboy...haha

Sue hope the day went well. I have one of those closets..haha perfect storage
place, I never open the door all the way, afraid to..lol

Kim puppy coming this weekend..Yay Take pictures!

Mary holy cow girl you could nap on that..lol Good for you, enjoy it! It's a beaut :thumbsup:

Oh Raymo....that's it :D

Kathrin glad the meds worked, you'll have to take some pictures of your garden too. Just don't over do kiddo!

We've got frost warnings tonight, so I literally went out and "bagged" a few plants that I thought just couldn't take anymore, hope it works. I know I can't take anymore, when I got finished it poured..hahaha yes before I could get in the house. LOL

Well I'm heading off to dream land, hope everyone sleeps well and wakes up even better. See you in the morning everyone.

Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks Carol, I have the bruises to call it my own! LOL

RPut
05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi Everyone! We are having a nice little thunderbumper! I love storms. And it smells so good. Robbie got the lawn mowed just in time!

I haven't been here for a couple days, so need to read up, but in scanning through, there was talk about critiques. Yes, this forum is amazing and the people here are so encouraging positive and kind. I need that, as I am still feeling new to art and it helps to boost my self esteem and gets me to paint and do more. But I also need the critiques so that I can learn and grow and try to improve my skills. So I really do want critiques. I don't want to be bashed, but do want to know what is working and what is not. So I thank everyone here for helping me through this process. I have not ventured to other forums here at WC. But I did find another forum where I did get honest critiques. A person there is very strong in her comments and I have soaked up all I can from her suggestions and comments from my works and others. If they are bad, it's okay. I will change what I can, or use in the next piece. I started to paint asking myself, what would others say about this.... and it helps me to really think things through and strive toward giving it my best. I think more about composition and line and balance and values. (which I know is limited, but maybe someday!) Anyway, that forum has closed and I really miss the comments there. Maybe they will be back someday. But here at WC, the comments here are all so amazing and the quidance and learning that I have recieved here is way beyond what I was looking for when I started my journey. I can't thank you all enough for being here and thank you for the generosity of your time, talent, and skill you ALL give to others.
Thank you.

After another long school day, popcorn and tv and go back to read through stuff. night all!

Shirl Parker
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Wow. What I would give to get something like that.......

Well, we're pretty sure you wouldn't give your horse or your car. Hubby? Job? :evil:

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Well, we're pretty sure you wouldn't give your horse or your car. Hubby? Job? :evil:

Don't want either, thanks! am really quite satisfied with my table, and yeh, Elaine, I may very well go take a nap on it one day,, LOL,, grab my blankie and pillow and off I go , to lala land!

been another long day, so off I go,, beddie bye for this gal, gonna check the weather report for tomorrow, may just be a scooter kinda day!

objectivistartist
05-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Indeed, that is a terrific table, Mary :thumbsup: - just a great size to do all sorts of renderings, including gigantic ones once ye get the nerves...:evil::lol::lol:

I've actually thought of getting a large board and lay it over the one I do have [ a 30 some old 30"x42" drafting table] so could have something of the size ye got...

susme48
05-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Wow, Mary...that is definitely a biggie!! Need to add to the bar across the bottom of mine...it is only about 1/4 inch high. Yours looks better, and it is low enough that a tv tray should be just about the right height to sit stuff on. Mine, there is no room, plus it would be really low!

Ray, I have held the canvas that way too...that's one reason I decided to change the drafting top with the easel area...to try and make things better/easier. Still not there, but one day, hopefully!

Sleep well Kathrin!!

Night, Elaine!! (can't leave the closet that way...Bob would not be able to get his clothes, and I would hear about it...:o) but it is nice for the occaisional choice of being in a hurry. I can't ride English either...don't like it at all!

Kim, Bubba loves women...old or young...short or tall...thin or heavy...does not matter to him. He is learning age appropriate flirting, but I think he is like his daddy, and will always flirt. Just praying hard that the state will ok an increase in hours!!!

Sorry about the rain Howard!! There is alot of it here that is still headed your direction...maybe you will still get some!!

Wish I had gotten a chance to mow before all this rain....it just keeps getting higher and wetter...sigh!

Carol...mine is not as quite as big, but I would happily trade it for a horse...does not even have to be Maddie....:lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2009/51170-myoffice09d.jpg

OkeeKat
05-13-2009, 04:08 AM
HELLO ALL sorry not been here earlier today, rushed to work, running late as had trouble getting out of bed and long day, home at 630, spent all nite till now at 3am and yesterday when I could on my business plan!! Finaly submitted it.. hopeing for the $1400 giveaway for the best business plan after our completed class.. gota get to bed and be up at 7.
hope to catch up on the last 3 pages tomorrow nite
hugs n luv to all

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Good Morning all :wave: ......okay.....I know......it is probably night time over there for most of you :lol:
Will give me a chance to catch up on all the latest. Hopefully I wont forget anyone.
Hi Sharon...bye Sharon :wave: It will be worth it.
Howard, your plants are fab :clap: Hope you get some rain soon.
Kathy, I hope your customer will turn up again, but yes, I know the feeling too. Hope your little one is feeling better again today.
Kat, you can come and clean my house and dogs too :lol:
Elaine, no good wondering about the horse. Go and find out the price and details. Then you can think about it properly. You drive yourself mad otherwise. Good luck with it :)
Will take pictures of the garden asap, but its nothing special.
Kim, hope you got everything done that you wanted to get done.
Mary, don't think I would like your visitor either.....but I would sure like your table :clap: have fun with it.
Susan, sounds like Bubba is loving the home visits :lol: I like your workspace, looks very organised.
Hi Patti, hope the weather is holding up for your travels. I ain't even trying to understand where you are or where you are going to :lol:
Carol, that is good advice for buying a horse. In my case tho..... Glory came in a bang out of the blue at 3 months of age :lol: Love her to bits tho :heart:
Ray, oh boy, you just wait till Kim gets her puppy trained :p
Ruthie, you sound pretty busy.
Shirl, :lol:
Robert, good idea. You should try it out.
Kathie, good luck with the business plan.
Yea, I did it :lol: I actually managed to reply to [I think] everyone.

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM
I am sitting here with a smug grin on my face :smug: I actually started my previous post at 8.45am local time but didn't finish it until 10.45am because.......I got my Glad's and Lily bulbs into the ground :D :D :D
The lads were picked up for school and I took off into the garden. Sky is full of rain and I didn't want to take the chance. Forecast is bad for the next few days, so if all that rain comes, my bulbs get a good start :)
There are still some pot plants left to move to the garden, but at least they are growing away as it is.
Just looking out and the drizzle we got already has stopped. Might just make another dash for the garden.
Feel a bit lightheaded, must be the meds :confused: Guess I better get some breakfast.
Headache is manageable, neck feels bad. Guess that comes from doing things I shouldn't, I will never learn.
See ye all later :wave:

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone!
got a call yesterday from the "visitor", now she has decided to stay at BIL's house over night and spend days with us. ugh, not sure that is a whole lot better. but at least I won't have to carry a bucket out of the bedroom in the mornings! haha, THAT was a good one! ( said it was because of getting old and having a hard time getting used to a new bed every few nights,, So I say, then why come at all? oh shame on me!! smack me! )
The weather looks good for today, it might even be nice enough to use the scooter, but I have too much crap to haul to town today,, sigh,,
hope to catch some WIFI today so I can come back in to see ya all,
grab some coffee, there is some high fiber cereal and some bananas left,, help your self! I am sure someone else will have some great goodies too.
( Howard, I did get some cookie dough mixed up, just haven't had the time to bake em yet.)
see ya all later!
ta ta!

noodle1
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Morning Gang,

Coffee ready, juice here too and the usual bagels, chive cream cheese and anything else the kitchen is yours..lol

Morning Ruthie, Sue, Carol,Kathleen, Mary, Raymo, Howard, Dee, Shirl, Robert,
Sharon, Kim, Kathrin, Kathy, Kathie, Dances, Kat,Patti, EP.

Beautiful morning, sun's out, nice and bright and cheery however it's a little chilly. Must have gotten that frost and some rain last night, it's May and my heat kicked on. Kathy I hope your little one better this morning. And Kathrin I would have said don't exert yourself but then I wouldn't listen to me either...lol feel better. I have so many things I should be getting done just can't seem to tunnel in on any one in particular.

Sue my "junk" closet is off my studio..lol it's actually a room and chuck full LOL Must have been a child's room, very small for a bedroom but in old houses often they aren't very big, but big enough for me to "stash" all matter of things..hahaha and believe me I do! One day I will go on a treasure hunt, bet I'll find things I've been looking for...forever..:lol:

Enjoy your day everyone. Gonna take a little trip around WC and then guess I need to get back to my trees...lol

Hugs all round,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Robert! that is a great idea!

So here is a good one, funny one, whatever,,
I had been looking around for an overhead projector, for my artsy stuff, posted wants on freecycle, and so on. the other night, ( one of my sleepless nights) I thought,, duh,, your SIL works at many schools, ask her, and she is the queen of scavenging at schools..
so I emailed her. praised her for the great things she is able to find and so on, then asked her to keep an eye out for an overhead projector for me, she wrote back, "will do!"
I just now, got an email from her saying she got me one from Ebay! having it delivered to me at work,, and said happy birthday! ha!!! now how cool is that?!?!?! whoo hoo!! I am on a cloud today! hope I can stay up there!! ta ta again!
Morning Elaine!

Lady Carol
05-13-2009, 09:17 AM
That is a hard one to decide on.......Well...... a second of thought.............hubby.:evil: :lol: :evil:

RPut
05-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Good Morning all, still need to go through and catch up on posts. Mary, Yah! The table is great.
I'm so tired and getting overwhelmed with end of the year stuff. My room is a mess. Haven't even started end of the year assessments with my kinders. And the only way to do it is one on one and what to do with the rest? Last night was are school art night, tomorrow is our class picnic and zoo day.
And don't have a clue what to do with them today.......(I'm really bad at planning. After 30 years, I teach off the top of my head which is going to get me in trouble if I was ever sick--which I never am, too many immunities!) Okay they are coming in soon. Have a GREAT day everyone!
Oh hubby gone tonight, give money to the kids to go eat somewhere, and I have the evening to myself!
Later~!

Katwyld
05-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Sooo bad Carol. :lol:

Goodness, y'all have been chatty! I know I'll miss someone, so excuse me if I do. :o

Beautiful table, Mary! What's stuck? Have you tried any WD40 on it? It tends to break up rust and corrosion pretty well, but ya gotta let it sit for a while, and sometimes to it a few times. I've used it many times on stuck screws and bolts on rusty old cars. It's a little messy, but it works.

Kathy, sorry to hear about the little one. :( Is she feeling any better today?

Kathrin, hey, you pay the airfare, and I'll come over there and wash your dogs, your house, the horses... your car... heheh I've always wanted to see Ireland. :D And I love glads, too. Wanted to get more put in this year, but it's just not gonna happen.

Good to see ya, Ruthie! I love thunderbumpers, too. :)

Kim, puppy!!! :clap: What a beauty, too... enjoy this young age, no matter how annoying it can be. :lol:

Yes, Susan, we probably would just sit and chat. hehe Maybe we could clean together for a while. :p

Elaine, yay for garden work! How long until we start getting pretty pictures from you? :)

Howdy y'all! :wave:

I'm at work. I really don't want to be, but I'm here. Worked on the cake topper for a bit yesterday, and am pleased with the progress. I still have a ways to go, but it's coming along nicely, I think. Should be able to start 'dressing' them by the weekend if I stay with this progress. I hope so, the wedding is next week Sunday! :eek: Goodness, when did that happen?!?!

Bright Eyes
05-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Oh hubby gone tonight, give money to the kids to go eat somewhere, and I have the evening to myself!
Later~!

That must be nice! Ruthie enjoy your evening!

Kat yes little pups are quite the handful. Luckily they are usually pretty easy to train:) Can't wait to go pick her up!

Morning Carol:wave:

Mary thats great you got a projector!

Elaine sounds like you've got quite the treasure trove! Glad its sunny, enjoy your day!

Kathrin sounds like you got the tubers in just in time! Good to hear your headache is getting better. I didn't get everything done yesterday, but made some good progress:)

Well its a lovely day over here already. I really need to invest in some thicker curtains. Its light all the time. It confuses the heck out of the kids:lol: Went out and got everything I need for the pup yesterday. Now just waiting for Sunday to go pick her up to surprise Monica on her birthday. I was really tempted to just go get the dog yesterday, but I was strong and resisted:smug: I also got all caught up on quickbooks:clap: Now just need to send in my insurance audit and mortgage workout packages, some various other legal works and I will be in clear water! For a day or two anyways. Something is bound to come up.
See you all later:wave:

objectivistartist
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Am even thinking further of two such boards - one as first suggested, and another being for the 'picture window' sized landscapes on which used to wrap the canvas around a 3-ply plyboard size [48"x96"] and leaned against ladders in order to get stable support... but the ladders are long gone, and this, using the drafting table, would give me both the support and all the angles of elevation as well... of course there is the problem of space - where to place such a set-up in my small apartment - but with a lot of re-arranging of bookshelves and removal of the dinette area [which is almost never used], then it might be managed, until can move to a better place... a thought anyway, and could use an 'L' shaped moulding under the boards to fasten them to the one already as the drafting table [it is a half-inch in thickness, so that would do nicely to keep it in place yet have the boards be removable]... thoughts anyway... biggest problem would be in getting these boards home - obviously could never get away with using the bus :eek::lol::lol:

dances_with_oils
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Morning everyone (afternoon and evening for the time zone folks)

We worked on our deck all weekend and got totally frustrated with the lack of cooperation by the weather. I can normally work in rain but we had high winds and thunder and lightening so we had to pack it in for the day. Sure enough, right after dinner, the sun pops out and the wind dies down. Hubby had the week off as part of his repatriation leave and we finally managed to get back to the deck on Monday. It's done with the exception of staining it which we'll get back to it this weekend.

I was looking for an overhead projector too, and found one in the local paper for 25 bucks! Works like a charm and does the trick.
I started on the portrait and got as far as the grisaille stage. I'm going to try and get to the first layer of colour today... I worked on the background a bit last night. (pics are over in the what's on your easel thread)

Our poor senior dog, last night he looked so frail and feeble and was a bit wobbly too. I cuddled up with him on the floor and covered him with a blanket. We think he got a bit stressed over the weekend at being separated from us (had to keep the dogs away from the work area in case they got hurt) - he has a habit of pacing in circles when he can't see me but can hear me. I think he got himself tuckered out from pacing. I'll have to be more aware of what he's doing when we are working. This is him in his glory days of the show ring:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/109508-bj1.jpg

We are going to be busy at the end of the month with visitors. I'm so happy that they are all coming. Come July we expect more visitors as Via Rail is offering free and reduced fares for military members and Defence employees and their families anywhere in Canada. We had a ton of visitors last year when Via ran the offer. Getting together with our visitors meant so much to us as our lives usually keep us apart as well as the costs to travel from province to province.

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Am even thinking further of two such boards - one as first suggested, and another being for the 'picture window' sized landscapes on which used to wrap the canvas around a 3-ply plyboard size [48"x96"] and leaned against ladders in order to get stable support... but the ladders are long gone, and this, using the drafting table, would give me both the support and all the angles of elevation as well... of course there is the problem of space - where to place such a set-up in my small apartment - but with a lot of re-arranging of bookshelves and removal of the dinette area [which is almost never used], then it might be managed, until can move to a better place... a thought anyway, and could use an 'L' shaped moulding under the boards to fasten them to the one already as the drafting table [it is a half-inch in thickness, so that would do nicely to keep it in place yet have the boards be removable]... thoughts anyway... biggest problem would be in getting these boards home - obviously could never get away with using the bus :eek::lol::lol:

Robert, does your lumber place deliver? that might be worth looking into,, and I was thinking of the same set up for putting the wood over top of your table top,, would make it nice and secure. good thinkin'!!
Great minds,, eh?? I think, they might even cut it to the size you would want. ours here will.

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Dances, what a beautiful dog!
I am having senior dog issues too. It sucks to have them get old and all the issues that go with it, sigh,, so hard,,,
enjoy your visitors. ! they CAN be fun to have around.
sigh,,

biddlebeach
05-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I got asked to paint a good sized painting of the mustang emblem,, I think that is what it is,, it has a horse, looks silver maybe, with a background of a bar that is like red and blue stripes,, I was sent a graphic of it, bit it is tiny, any ideas?? oh wait! I can use my projector,, huh? never mind!

sveldstra
05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Belated good morning all, I tried to read through what has been happening but it has been real busy in here.
Mary nice easel:thumbsup:
Right now I'm not painting at all, just taking the last day to prepare for my mom and sister's visit, and doing paperwork etc... for the show. I will be so glad when it is over.
I got into a fight with my ex on Mother's day, and have decided after telling him what an a... he is, in my world he no longer exists. My teens are ok with it, they know what he is like, and they think it is funny that I am being so juvenile.
Oh oh, one monkey or the other is screaching about something. I'd better go. Have a great day.

susme48
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances,Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Kathrin, that 'organized' look will only last until I actually paint something again...:lol: It only looks good right now because I did some rearranging. Still wish I had more room...but I would just fill it witn more piles of stuff, I imagine. :o Glad you were feeling a little better...maybe breakfast will help...and no more gardening today?

Mary...at least you will have a little time to yourself this way. What a wonderful SIL you have!!

Elaine...rooms full of stuff are fun...like going thru attics, or basements (tho' some basements are too full of spiders and such to enjoy a good hunt.) It is amazing what you can find!!

Poor Craig...traded for a drafting table...:crying:

Robert...that is definitely a picture...you with two huge boards on the bus. :lol::eveil: :lol:

Dances, he is/was beautiful! Having alot of senior moments, what kind of dog again?

Sharon, sorry about the fight with your ex!! It is hard when you have kids with them and have to try and make decisions with them and such when you just want them to disappear!! Amazed me that mine and I were reasonably civil at my son's wedding...just REALLY glad I don't have to see him often!!! {{{{hugs}}}} Hope the 'monkeys settle some, and try to relax and enjoy the visit and the show!!!!! (I know easy for me to say...but I hope you can!)

Well...been typing on this for an hour or so now...sigh! I hate the phone some days!

Be back later!

idylbrush
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Called the framer today to get an order in and they have discontinued my favorite black floating frame. Dang! Got a second choice but it isn't the same.

Got a few other frames ordered.

Took Tinker to the vet to get her final shots. Next week, she gets her teeth cleaned. She is getting to be quite expensive. Her tick/flea/heartworm meds alone are out of sight. They also overcharged me a bit which isn't nice.

Don't know how you folks do it with large animals.

Dentist this afternoon, seems some of my health procedures have affected my teeth and they are rapidly decaying, more so than normal. Not considered a part of the medical issue so the burden is on me. Lovely.

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Good Morning Mary :wave: Good news on the visitor, great news on the projector, there will be no stopping you now.
Good Morning Elaine :wave: Thanks for the thoughts, but I dont even listen to myself :lol: Some day I will do what I know is good for me. Some day......
Have fun today, enjoy the nice weather.
Carol, that was an easy choice. I would have picked the same. Himself asked me before, if the choice ever came up to decide between him or any of the pets (that includes the hamster)to leave, who would I pick. .....told him I make sure I pack all his stuff myself :rolleyes:
Ruthie, you got the ideal night ahead of you. Enjoy it.
Kat, that airfare I pay gladly,.... you didnt meet my dogs yet :lol: Looking forward to seeing the cake topper.
Kim, that is what I cal puppy love :lol: My Junior is a Black Lab-Greyhound mix. More Lab then Greyhound, but the easiest dog to train ever. Except for cutting his nails, that is mission impossible.
Robert, I tried to imagine your idea .....and got lost. No idea what you are talking about, but I am sure it would be great :angel:
Dances, he is a beauty. Hope he settles again.
Sharon, fingers crossed for the show now and have fun with your visitors :)

went back out gardening....... all done :D well, the only plants left in pots are some Agapanthus (sp?) African Lilies. But they do better in pots anyway, so I might just move them up into a slightly bigger pot instead.

Got the back-garden cleaned up some too and around the front of the house. It looks way better now but boy am I feeling wrecked. My neck is sore, my legs are light concrete blocks. Dont think I did myself any favours today :o But it was worth it. Wont feel half as guilty buying more plants now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Susan, see, took me about an hour to reply too and so I missed you and Howard.
EX somethings are never nice, if they would be....they would not be an EX to start with :rolleyes: Himself was an EX for a while, but he learned a lot from it and I grew up in myself and gave him even more to learn. Now he is better :wink2:
Howard, what breed is Tinker ? Yep, pets are expensive, but so worth it. I got 3 big dogs, one small dog, 2 cats, an hamster and a horse. But they aint too bad.

susme48
05-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, Bob and I are both ex's...:lol: and I think we learned alot from the intervening years and people! Amazing how much you learn to adjust as you get older.

Bright Eyes
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Her tick/flea/heartworm meds alone are out of sight. They also overcharged me a bit which isn't nice.

Don't know how you folks do it with large animals.

Come to Alaska, heartworm, tick and flea meds are not given to dogs up here. Only time our schnouzer was given heartworm meds is when we where in the lower 48. The biggest concern for dogs here is kennel cough. And thats because it spreads so fast in the big husky/sled dog kennels which usually consist of around 20-50 dogs. But then again, I don't think Tinker would quite enjoy 8 months of snow:rolleyes: Hope your dentist appt goes well.

Kathrin labs are great dogs. Used to have one when I was 14. That dog could rock climb better than most people I know. Had him when I was living in Utah/Arizona. He would go up cliffs like nothing! As a puppy he would climb out of his chain link dog fence by actually climbing it. Once he got older he was to heavy for it though. We do a lot of 4-wheeling, fishing and outdoors stuff. I want a dog that can go everywhere I go and then some:smug: And the labs thick fur allows them to go potty outside all year long 4 feet of snow, -30 F and they are out and running around like nothing!

Morning Susan:wave:

Sharon sorry about the confrontation with your ex. Hope the monkeys settle down for you a bit:) And good luck with all the paper work. I think thats the hardest part of art. Doing the business part. Just one more thing keeping you away from painting!

Dances that is a beautiful Collie! The fur looks amazing:eek:

Robert good luck on your building adventures! I'm planning on building a nice big sturdy drafting table to replace my two smaller ones (of course I'll probably just end up using them all:rolleyes: ). And I need to build a big work table in my garage for my frame making, gessoing, carving and gilding area. I really need a work area in the garage because I don't like mixing, heating or cooking up paint stuff in the house. If you google "drafting table plans" or "easel plans" there are a lot of free plans on the web to make your own.

Anyways, the timer just went off for the cupcakes. Making some for my daughters class today. The last day of school is Friday so today they are celebrating all the birthdays outside the school year. I'll pop in later and show you all how they turn out:)

~~Kathleen
05-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi all, I finally have time to say hello without rushing and having to run in the middle of a sentence.
I have finally finished my contract, and our unit is the only module in the process that is completed and passed inspection on time!!!!!
(Means a big big bonus for everyone on our team for everyone that really put themselves out and worked like a trooper. :))
So I now have time, well sort of. I got the Mothers day gift to end all Mothers day gifts.
As I was not able to be home for Sunday, Monday my kids & grand-children took me out for dinner and then to a Modular show home place. Yep, they bought me my own home that will be moved to their property and I will be living there soon! I cannot believe it. One supposes that being a good Mother Mother-in law & "Muggle", as well, to the sweetest little men on the planet pays off.
I am in Heaven right now. I will be moving into the guest room @ the kids place (Which is actually bigger than my condo) while my new place is being settled and set onto its' base.
Here is all I could find re it on line.
http://www.edgeclassifieds.com/branding/listing.php?site=prairielinks&itemID=24301
They are a four season line that are up to Canadian standards, and just perfect. I will turn the second bedroom into an art studio. So I will gave a gazillion sq. M. of space to paint in.

I have not painted for about a week now, so I can hardly wait to get back at it.

There is no way that I can catch up with everyone and what is happening here. Let it suffice to say that I have been reading everything and am so pleased that (so it seems ) that all the headaches are done with, that Some new friendships were made, new desks were installed, hot cars and horses will stay on this side of the pond, and that portraits are finished.
That health/rashes/bumps and nicks are all healing and that friendship in this place abounds.
That flowers/cucumbers/pineapples and Love in a mist are all blooming and producing fruit in Florida.

You have no idea just how refreshing reading here after a very hard days work is done while one eats dinner in a Hotel suite. I think (and you have to believe me when I say this with tongue in cheek) that you are among the most humane/kind/pleasantly interactive group that I have ever seen on line.:thumbsup:

Hopefully, I will be back in a bit, as I have to show my condo this afternoon.
I have had four offers to purchase my Condo already, so it is now a matter of picking and choosing who I think should have this little beauty! :)
One couple really wants it, and while it is a bit above what they can really afford, I know that I can waive the down payment, and let them have it for a good price, and still realize a profit and a good couple will have a new place to live. It is not always about the money is it?

Love to all, and for sure, I will be back tonight.

Special Hello to Susan, I have missed our EMails.
And Howard, be good to yourself.
Later all,
~~Kathleen

dances_with_oils
05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Susan, as Kim already mentioned, he's a Rough Collie (Lassie type). His coat is known as the tri-colour. Our girl is a sable and looks like Lassie. This is my favourite lassie video.. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1447195/lassie_fights_back/

Our boy's grand sire was the collie on the Milk Bone box. Our guy was quite the champion in his day (so was his sire/dam and sister).

I don't have an ex, I have a soon to be (it-can't-come-soon-enough) ex son in law. There are days I want to just walk him off over the transom of my ship and hope he turns into fish chump...

Robert, I had the need to get a bigger table for doing some of my larger canvases but I had limited space for keeping a table up on a permanent basis. I went and got one of those six foot folding tables and it's just perfect for working on the canvases. When I'm done, I fold it back up and slide it in the back of the wardrobe. It's light enough to carry home on the bus (comes with handles) and sturdy enough to withstand getting bounced around and it wipes clean when finished painting. I think it cost me about 50 bucks. (also doubles as the extra table at Christmas and birthdays..lol)

Kathleen, good news all round, what a lovely gift for you from your children. Enjoy the extra room! We'll be expecting a very prolific Kathleen now...

RPut
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
My head is soooo full of fuzz! (well, really that's nothing new!) One more hour and 7 more days!

idylbrush
05-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey everybody, glad to hear things are settling a bit.

Tooth is fixed, dog is sleeping, cat is cranky (that is normal). Hoping for some rain, dark clouds overhead but it doesn't seem very promising.

Took three new works to the gallery.

Kathrin, Tinker is a Yorkshire Terror (yes, that is the correct spelling with this one), three and a half pounds of energy, love and stubborn, imagine that.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/36241-Tinker08.jpg
Still wet from her bath. She hates that. Takes lots of yummies to get her to talk to me again. She isn't a show dog but she is full of it. Sleeps behind my knees at night and if I have the audacity to move at night she gives me what for.

Kathleen, good to have you back again. Enjoy your new home. Blessing all around.

Quick run to the home store for more mulch and some black spray paint for a frame idea I have been working on. Been playing with this idea but now feel as though I need to find a good way to execute the final piece so that it has a professional appearance. So, again with the experimenting go I.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/36241-silkyibis.jpg
The boys stopped by for a light lunch today.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/36241-geranium.jpg
My little fancy geranium is coming back from its frostbite. Actually saw blossoms on it.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/36241-mushroom.jpg
This plant requires constant moisture so I have been keeping it well watered, well enough that mushrooms are now growing in that pot. Hope it isn't to much. This plant when it dries out it thinks it is time to go dormant. Can't tolerate dryness of any kind it seems.

Mary, great drafting table. Shame it isn't a bit bigger though.:wink2:

Susme, when will you hear anything from the state? They can take their sweet time can't they.

Bright Eyes
05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
And here are the cupcakes!
You are all more than welcome to lick the screen:p

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-May-2009/139098-cupcakes.jpg

Howard Tink looks really pissed off:lol: I like that you do her hair. She looks cute:heart:

Ruthie its better to have fuzz than nothing at all:thumbsup:

Kathleen congrats on the new house:clap: That is by far the coolest Mother's Day gift I've ever heard of!

susme48
05-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Yipppeeeeee!!!! Kathleen is home....well...not really....she is getting a new one!!!! Wowowow!!! Love the front corner...that is the dining area? I am so happy for you!!! That way you can be close, but still have your space when you want, or need, to be alone. And I am sure a few little men will be ecstatic too!! I am so happy for you, my friend!

Dances...embarrassed after I read Kim's post...there are a couple of other breeds that are somewhat similar to collies. Grew up on Lassie, and wished our dog could act as neat...:lol:

Ruthie, so sorry about your head!! I know there is alot to get done at the end of the year!!

Howard, glad your tooth is fixed...guess since you and Robert have gone...I need to get my buns to the dentist too!! They have been bothering me, but time has been short (good excuse huh?). Tinker is adorable!!! Don't know when I will hear for sure. I know when I asked for emergency hrs ( and then did not need them after all) it was only a few days...but even if I consider this an emergency...they don't...:lol: All I can do is wait and pray!

Kim...and you think I won't....licking away...:) Yum!!

I am so proud of myself...I have accomplished absolutely NOTHING all day...:lol: how pitiful!!

AMuse
05-13-2009, 05:15 PM
YAY! Kathleen is home!!!

Howdy everyone. I 've been working my tail off and finally got my commission finsihed!

My buyer came back and said that now she only wants two of the four... sigh... oh well two is better than none... of course we'll wait and see if the money gets into the bank!

better write up a quick blog and then get ready to pick up the kids! Then we have to go get the little blue car from having her trim fixed.

:)

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Susan, well.....he was my ex :p :lol: I thought him a lesson tho :evil:
Kim, your puppy will be perfect for you all. Junior is going on 7 now and loves the lazy life on the leather couch in my studio :heart: cold and wet is not for him, but he looooovvves walking, he keeps going for ever.
Those cupcakes look oh so yummy. Lucky kiddos.
Kathleen, that is seriously the best Mothers days gift ever :clap: :clap: :clap: You wont know yourself with all that space.
Ruthie, fuzz is definitely better then empty space :lol:
Howard, oh Tinker looks a right princess with attitude :p :lol: Love the name by the way. Sparky, my Jack Russell doesn't do bath time either. You got a serious battle trying. Funny enough, Bruce [ my tomcat ] doesn't mind it at all :rolleyes:
Look at the beaks of those birds :eek:
Susan, accomplishing nothing isn't that bad at all. See it positive, that way you didn't do anything wrong either :lol:
Kathy, glad your buyer is back and hurray for finishing the commission :clap:

Lady Carol
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello Tinker - how cute you look.

Well I had some good news today. I went to pick up my pieces from the art show and I had sold the heron drawing. Yeah :clap: that will cover all the framing costs.

Ooh Kathleen what a wonderful gift. You will still have internet access won't you :D

Susan it is sometimes good to accomplish nothing during the day. But I often feel like that when I leave work :rolleyes: actually today is one of those days. Lots of little nit-picky things that means I cannot spend a decent amount of time on anything.

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
and a hurray for Carol too :clap: :clap: :clap:

AMuse
05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
YAY Carol!

Lady Carol
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys. I am very happy.

PattiLou
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
My what a chatty bunch today. Ex's with attitude, dogs with attitude, artists with attitude.:lol:

Nice Mother's day gift Kathleen. I know you will enjoy it.

Congats on the sale Carol.:thumbsup:

Kim licking the screen makes a mess and I can't read through the grime. :D Can't wait to see more pictures of the new puppy.

Susan right about now doing nothing sounds real good. I did have a quiet visit at Mom's today... no rugrats running around.:rolleyes: Mom babysits her great-grandkids, something I've voiced my opinion about to my sister and niece several times to no avail. At her age she deserves a break and it could be dangerous for all parties concerned, because of her age and health.:mad:

It's pouring down rain and I'm thinking about dinner but have not moved. Guess I better move or Jon will be asking if we are having dinner sometime today, lol.

susme48
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Carol...YAY!! That is great!

Patti....I know what you mean about the sitting. It always amazes me how family is bad about taking advantage of others.

Tho' with me it was my sister. To me she took advantage of my mother alot...when my mom had an inner ear infection, and could not stand up without falling, and was not supposed to stand. My "poor" sister just could not go to the grocery store with 2 kids, it was too hard on her...and of course once she had a 3rd she could not do anything without someone watching them for her.

I took my 3 plus the 2 I sat for ( ages: 5, 4, 3, and two that were under 4 months) to the grocery store, the mall, the drug store...all over. Was not gonna let a few kids tie me to the house...:lol: I never would have thought that anyone else should watch them, and I knew my ex would never let me go alone if he was home...I was not allowed out alone.

Thinking about dinner too...also have not done anything about it. Bubba is still not feeling up to par...so don't want to do any of our easy dinners since they are kind of spicy.

OkeeKat
05-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi All, am very tired and trying to dry out. walked the boys as soon as I got home in the pouring rain/hail and we all are soaked so much for a hooded jacket with the high winds!! had to change clear down to the skin. Going to now feed them and myself and hope to catch up on some of the reading.. have not read any of it yet. so bare with me all.
YEAH 3rd eve in a row we had rain!!! sooo needed it!!!

noodle1
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Evening,

Congratulations Carol! That was an incredible drawing, well still is. Good for you.:thumbsup:

And Kathleen very nice, that is the bestest Mother's Day gift ever. Many blessings in it.

Hi Patti, sorry you're getting rained on and doing nothing well it must be the day cause I've done diddley squat! LOL

Howard your Tinker is a cutie, and yes she does look a little PO'd..lol I buy Willie bug juice and heartworm medicine online, just started, not cheap any way you look at it but much, much cheaper then my vet he almost doubles the price I think.

Sue sorry Bubba not up to par!

Kim - Yummmmmmeeeee, if there's a couple missin' don't look here I didn't take em.

Hi Ruthie, the house all to yourself, goodie. I know you must be looking forward to the end of school, all the teachers I know are counting down the days, minutes and seconds..lol Have a good night.

Kathy glad she came back but sorry she dropped two, she'll be back when she sees them in person. How's Emily, haven't read anything in case you already said.

Just finished dinner now to go clean up. Have a good night everyone.
See ya in the morning, I'm gonna go veg some more..hahaha

Hugs,
Elaine

susme48
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
....had to change clear down to the skin...have not read any of it yet. so bare with me all.
Sorry, Kathie, but with Bubba here I will have to pass on the baring....:) :angel:

Elaine, have a good night vegging!!

Lady Carol
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
so bare with me all.
Noooooo!!! I'm going blind. Please put some clothes on.

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*dee*
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Dad's taking a nap, so I figured I'd pop in for a visit! I miss ya'll when I can't visit. :crying:

All I've done is skim through some of the posts...seems I've been missing a LOT! :eek: Are there Cliff Notes? :rolleyes:

idylbrush
05-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Finally, got about 15 minutes of rain today. Yippee!

May get some more.

Have to go back to the dentist. Fixed one tooth and the one next to it fell apart. Can't seem to get ahead with these things.

Glad to see the flowers just absorbing all that moisture. Hope we get more. Just did a quick walk through the garden and you can see a difference in the demeanor of the plants. They are just perkier. May not need to water for a day or so.

Raymo
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Went to watch a baseball game at Oregon State University today. Paid 20 bucks to get in. Started raining. Stood in the rain for an hour waiting to see if they get to play. Game canceled. No refunds, too bad....:mad:

RPut
05-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi All! Yeah the house is almost empty. But I'm so tired I don't know if I will lift a paint brush...
I've read a little bit--
Kathleen, that is way cool! congrats on the new house1
Carol, congrats to you for a sale!
Mary, not sure if I said ---great studio addition!
I know there's more sorry to leave anyone out---I don't mean to.
Have a great evening!

Kathrin G.
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
painted way to long again, nearly 1am :rolleyes:
I am cleaning my brushes and heading to bed. My neck is in pain and agony, guess I over did it :o At least I dont need to do anything tomorrow :D
Good night everyone :wave:

Katwyld
05-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Kathrin, you underestimate me... heh 10 years as a dog trainer, and being stubborn to boot. ;) My friend Sherri told me not to bother with her dogs' nails when I was helping her groom them because they wouldn't sit for it. Both of them got all their nails trimmed, and she just stared at me! heh I think I just have a way with dogs. Oh, and while I don't have monsters, I have a 80 pound yellow lab that likes to spin in the bathtub while I'm bathing her, a 3 foot tall standard poodle who likes to lean against the wall so I can't wash him entirely, and a 75 doberman/standard schnauzer mix who likes to try and climb out of the tub while I'm bathing him... not to mention that when the grooming shop where I worked had a difficult dog they couldn't get into or out of the kennel or couldn't handle to bathe, they would call me every time... and the vet I worked at also came to me to hold difficult and big dogs, too. heh It's a gift of mine, handling the hard ones. heh

Kim, that light thing has to be weird... I don't know that I could get used to it!

susme48
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Ray, that is a bummer!! Must be getting to rain/storm...the tv is getting funny!!

Ruthie...just relax...nothing wrong with it!!

Poor Kathrin, hurting herself...suffering for her art...I think that gets you points...somewhere? Hope you feel better tomorrow!!!

RPut
05-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Kat, My Lucky will not come into the downstairs bathroom no matter how much we try to bribe her. She will not go in there. Guess she doesn't like the puppy memories when she was younger and we did our own doggie bathtimes. Now we have to take her in and we have to go to different places so she doesn't know where/why she is going. Can't wait for lake time so it's easier!
Well, I did paint a bit! Folder laundry, will clean up the kitchen of the kids' crumbs and off to bed. Picnic and Zoo day tomorrow. Hope it's nicer out. Today was miserable and windy.
Howard good luck with the dentist. Your Tinker is absolutely adorable. She looks like she is full of personality!

OkeeKat
05-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Finaly got to read all the posts from the past 3 days!! Phew!:eek:

Howard, Love your refrig, I hope you are enjoying it!!
Love that little sprayer, I saw Dave the painting guy use it in his live broadcast. was neat.
Mary, WOW realy nice work area and Drafting table!! Wish i had that much space.
Kathrin, glad to hear your feeling better.
Susan, love your work area too, adorable stuffies!!:lol: ROFL, didnt realize how I worded it .. was so tired.
Kathleen, what great news!! Good to see you and glad to hear things are going well. good luck on the Condo sale.
Kim what yummy cupcakes!!
Carol, congrats on the Heron sale!! Great feeling isn't it?Dont worry was fully dressed soon as I got dried off!!:lol:
Ray, sorry bout the game rained out.. prob looked like a drowned rat too!!:D

Well after the extremely late nite working on the business plan.. hoping to get that$1400 giveaway. I got only 3 1/2 hrs sleep, so after dinner this eve I layed down on the bed with the boys and Slept 3 hrs. got up and did some mail and read some posts. ok now back to bed and get caught up on my sleep.
Shipped the portrait out today, she should get it late tomorrow, so did call her this eve and informed her its on its way, she will call when it arrives and hopefully safely!
Sorry If I missed anyone
Hugs and luv to all!!

Bright Eyes
05-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Ray, sorry bout the game rained out.. prob looked like a drowned rat too!!:D

Doesn't he always look that way?:evil: :cat:

Well its been decided. We can't wait until Sunday for the puppy. So we're bringing her home early Saturday morning. Hopefully get home before Monica wakes up so we can surprise her. That way she has a day to play with the puppy then have her birthday party and presents from everyone else on Sunday. It was the best excuse I could come up with to bring her in early:D

Bright Eyes
05-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Kathie hope you get the business plan award. Especially for all your hard work.

Ruthie have fun tomorrow at the zoo. I'll try and send some sunshine your way:cool:

Susan good night:wave: I'm guessing its getting pretty late where your at.

Kat, you've got a lot of big dogs:eek: The light thing is kind of strange. During the summer most folks get on whats called "arctic time". You stay up really late without even thinking about it and sleep in longer in the morning. Especially if your out camping for a few days. We would stay up until around 3 or 4 in the morning without even thinking about it.

Kathrin I'm sure you off in la la land right now, but I hope you get a good rest:heart:

Howard glad you got your rain:clap:

Kathrin G.
05-14-2009, 04:51 AM
Good Morning everyone :wave: Coffee is ready, toast and pancakes too.

Howard, hope you get your teeth sorted soon. It is dentist magic I think, they fix one and another is bound to need treatment.
Ray, bugger about the game.
Ruthie, hope you enjoyed the quiet house and had a good rest. Have fun at the zoo :wave:
Kat, your the person I have been looking for :) Can I ask you for some specific tips pretty please :angel: I can manage bath-time fine with all but 1, the Jack Russell tends to freak :p but I got 2 dogs with serious nail-clipping phobia :eek:
I am like that with horses tho, I get the call for the dodgy one :lol: I get on better with any type animal and have more patience with them than with any human.
Susan, I am a natural at punishing myself :rolleyes: ......once the idiot, always the idiot
Kathie, you deserve to take it easy.
Kim, all the great promises falter at the sight of a puppies face :lol:

Misty here today. The downpour what is expected still didn't happen.
Head is better this morning, my neck isn't tho. Better take my tablets now. Think I clean the house a teeny tiny little bit and then paint for the day :smug:
Hope you all get the weather you hope for and your day will go well.

dances_with_oils
05-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Morning everyone (and afternoon and evening to the time zone folks)

Good luck with the new puppy Kim. I used to love the summer months in the Yukon with all the sunshine. We'd go fishing in the back country until 1 am and still have light to get home an hour later. This picture was taken at about 1 am...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2009/109508-Christmas_Bay.jpg

My cabin is the little white dot mid picture. The structure at the lake shore is the salmon smoke house.

You're right about the no fleas, ticks or other creepy like bugs that bother dogs. My dogs had never been treated for anything like that until we ended up in the south. Mind you, they didn't know what grass was either as the Yukon has sage, spruce trees and rocks, rocks and more rocks.

Good going Carol on your sale!

Howard, your Tinker is a cutie.

Hope everyone got a good sleep and are all raring to go at their easels today. I have some appointments today so my time will be spent in a doctor's waiting room... ick...

noodle1
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Morning Everyone,

Thanks for the coffee Kathrin, hope you're feeling better today.

Kathie good luck with the award, here's hoping for ya!

Kim great excuse to get the pup early, but in a way smart too she'll probably pay more attention to "other" presents hahaha Bet she'll be thrilled, already know mommie is..haha Don't forget take pictures!

Morning Sue, Dee, Carol, Howard, Robert, Shirl, Sharon, Mary, Kathy, Dances,Patti, Kathleen, Ruthie, EP, Kat, sorry if I missed anyone end I'm at the end of memory..hahaha

Raymo that's a shame, even here they give rain checks. Umm did ya get a video of getting soaked, wet weirdo always good for a chuckle...:lol: :lol: Stupid rain..:D

Which it is doing again here! Seems like every two three days we get some sun then more rain. Howard if I could turn it around and send it to your garden believe me I would. Very little blooming in mine, a couple of straight days of sun I think would help. Really hope it won't be like this all summer won't need a horse or a pool just a canoe and some oars...haha

In my vegging last night was looking into the new Photoshop, I haven't upgraded it because thought no big deal, then I downloaded the free 30 day trial, after about an hour I bought it. LOL Other then that the night pretty uneventful, hopefully today I'll get my head together and focus a bit more.
And like you Kathrin need to clean a bit too. Jess seems to be getting a lot better thank goodness and so far it hasn't hit anyone else in the family, figures crossed. Hope Bubba is feeling better too Sue. Virus's tough they feed on everything else we've ever had and hang around.

Like I said tons of green no blooms..lol cept my bleeding hearts and a few iris's. Lilacs lasted only a short time, the new deep purple ones had nice big heads tho, but one little poppy trying real hard to pop...haha Definitely not a "Howard" garden! But green better then the "stick" figures I had for so long.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-May-2009/139027-bleeding_hearts_.jpg

Guess have to go make my own sunshine today haha hope everyone has a good day, free of aches and pains, headaches, virus's and the like. See ya later.

Hugs,
Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Good Morning Dances:wave:
Good Morning Elaine :wave:
I finished cleaning, had my dinner [yep, it is 1.30pm here :lol: ] and just trying to get up of my backside again and go paint. Damn laptop is too handy, you can have dinner and zip trough cyper space at the same time :lol:
Have fun cleaning Elaine, I am glad to be done :smug:
Hope Jess is getting better and better. Your garden looks a lovely shade of green :clap: there seem to be some very mature trees in yours :) more pictures please :angel:

objectivistartist
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Got rain here - from reports, was even a tornado somewhere away from me - but it indeed POURed, which is fine for me as we need the rain... was the second day in a row, too, first time for that in months, and more expected later this afternoon - so guess, hopefully, we're in the afternoon showers situation for the next several months :clap::clap:...

idylbrush
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Nice view of your cabin and around your cabin, dances.

I also am visiting the doc this morning. He generally runs a bit late it seems. Don't much care for that but it seems to be the way of the medical world these days. I may also need to go to the hospital for a specialized blood test. So, the day may well be eaten up by all of this stuff.

Congrats Carol, sales are always good.

Many of my plants about doubled overnight from the rain. Everything has perked up and are relishing the moisture. Just popping up. The melon plant looks like it may have set some fruit, the tomatoes about doubled overnight, the figs are expanding rapidly, the red hot poker is looking quite lively at the moment. May get more rain today, sure do hope so.

Hi, everyone!

AMuse
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Morning all!

Sorry - I thought I had told you all about Emily (the tiny faker terrorist) who just wanted to come home and be with mommy on Tuesday! Then happily went off and played for 90 minutes at her yoga class.

She and I have since had a chat about when it's appropriate to come home from school. :lol:

Today I'm going on the school field trip to the science center, then hustling the kids home, showering and doing my hair for a fancy dinner tonight for my friend's 40th birthday party - and tomorrow we have a DAY OFF :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(I might spend the whole day sleeping since I've got a nasty cold!) hmph....

see you all tomorrow!:)

Lady Carol
05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
:lol: Kathy. Don't ya love it when kids at that age cannot understand that school is school and they cannot leave if they think of something better to do? That is funny. I am sure I did that at one point.

Sorry to hear about the cold.

Sue, Dee, Kathrin, Elaine, Howard, Robert, Shirl, Sharon, Mary, Kathy, Dances, Patti, Kathleen, Ruthie, Kat, and anyone esle Elain left off her list :D

:wave:

Raymo
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Doesn't he always look that way?:evil: :cat:

Youre just plain wicked....:mad:

I hope CindyLou bites you....i'm channeling

thoughts to the pup....bite....bite

:evil: <------KIM, the evil one

Katwyld
05-14-2009, 12:57 PM
So mean, Ray... I mean, really... we're just looking for our amusement here. :D (sorry to hear it got rained out, though, rather crappy they wouldn't refund the tickets)

Oh, Kathy, that's funny! Well, not funny, but still funny. heh Course, I did that as an teen, but it wasn't to hang out with mommy. :p

Glad to hear y'all finally got some good rain, Howard and Robert... bet the plants are very happy for it.

Elaine... that's your bleeding heart?!?! :eek: Are you serious? Uh oh... I might need to find a better place for mine... it's currently under the tree, and there's not nearly enough room for it to get that big under there... I wonder if I have another shady-is kind of area for it...

Kathrin, PM away if you'd like, I'm used to it. It can be a little hard to explain stuff sometimes, but I'll do what I can... might even have the hubby help me by taking pictures... we'll see what I can help you with.

Kim, well, yeah, they're big, but... *shrug* Dunno, I think because they're all actually rather well behaved I just don't notice it much (two of the three have their 'Canine Good Citizen Award' from the AKC, and Dunc could likely get it if I actually did a little work with him). They'll pester ya sometimes, but 'Go lay down' is something they know very well. We just have dogs laying all over the place in the house is all. heh (yes, they are all indoor dogs). And I stay up late anyway without thinking about it, that wouldn't be that strange to me. :lol:

Ruthie, sometimes it's the bribe you're using and sometimes it's how you use it. Start with just getting her to come to the door with you inside and reward her, then get her to put one foot inside and reward her, then two feet and reward... and so on. It might takes weeks to do, but you'd be surprised. The biggest part of dog training is rewarding the little steps and 'shaping' them to do what you want. And stuff like that is the only time I ever recommended using hot dogs or cheese as rewards. heh

Yay Carol! Not surprised you sold it, but glad to hear it.

Glad they got one fixed, Howard, but sorry to hear another one went... It's just a never ending battle, isn't it?

How cool, Katherine! Those are some good kids, but they come from a good and loving parent, too.

So, I posted last night, or started to... and then got distracted and walked away. Came back, realized I'd been in the middle of the post, finished it, and then went on to my cake topper... so I'm sorry if I missed someone, not my intention. *hugs*

Work is again slow, and I'm trying to decide if I should hang and play with my CPs or just go ahead and go. The wedding is coming up awful quick (next weekend Sunday!), and I'm not done with the cake topper yet... got some good work done on it yesterday, though.. Having a little bit of a hard time with Mom's face, but it's mostly because I'm trying to do a smile... it's looking alright, though, and I think I'll manage to pull it off... I hope. :P

susme48
05-14-2009, 01:50 PM

Kathie, good luck with your plan!! We could not bare to see you lose. :D

Kim, assuming that the times I see on my pc for posts are in "my time" it was about 12:30 here when you posted...http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) Your excuse sounds good to me...:)

Well, Kathrin, we might be more alike than we thought! I hope your "teeny tiny bit of cleaning is really teeny tiny...she says in a stern voice...you need to rest your neck and back! :) We want you to get better not worse!

Dances that is a beautiful photo...wow! Sorry about the appointments...I hate drs offices!!

Elaine...lovely picture!! Hope you have a great day!!

Hmmmmm, Kathrin....5 hrs is not a teeny tiny bit!!

Glad you got some rain Howard...sorry about havinig to be out all day!

Kathy...I had one of those...and she was GOOD!! She could be in the nurses office with a temp of 102, eyes sunk back in her head and deep circles under them. Funny how about 15 minutes after getting home she had no fever, and wanted to get up and play. Sleeping all day sounds good...tho' not with a cold! Get better soon!!

Morning Kat...nice to know I am not the only one who leaves posts half finished :o

Waiting on Miss Debbie....and then I may paint!!

biddlebeach
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Sooo bad Carol. :lol:

Beautiful table, Mary! What's stuck? Have you tried any WD40 on it? It tends to break up rust and corrosion pretty well, but ya gotta let it sit for a while, and sometimes to it a few times. I've used it many times on stuck screws and bolts on rusty old cars. It's a little messy, but it works.

The arms that the table bolts onto, when ya press on the foot peddle that is supposed to raise and lower the table, it will only go up about two inches or so, Mark had torn it apart to see what the deal was as it WAS only working on one side, the left side had a broken wheel, or gear,, he cemented it back together, so now both sides go up at the same pace, but as I said, only that far,, he said it works on the same principle as our garage door,, it is like a spring? perhaps it is hung up on something,, I will try that WD40,, hey, it is worth a try right? I thought maybe it needed to get used a bit, then would loosen up.. but have not had the chance to get to it.. I know there is WD40 out in the garage,, what garage or workshop is complete without it? right?
Thanks

objectivistartist
05-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I know there is WD40 out in the garage,, what garage or workshop is complete without it? right? Yep - that and duct tape, covers both ends of keeping the world functioning - holding it together and letting it run loose....:rolleyes::lol::lol:

idylbrush
05-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Finally finished all my running around. What a day. Have an appointment with the dentist on Wednesday, hope my tooth holds out that long. Had a smaller thunder bumper come through today. Just a spitter.

Doctors appointment went well but was very long. Had to do some extra things to be sure all was well. Put me on a new medication for a month to see if we can get a few little oddities things worked out. Other than that nothing unusual.

susme48
05-14-2009, 06:33 PM
So very greatful to whomever created WD40 and duct tape...total mainstays of our house!!

PattiLou
05-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Grrr!:mad: Had a reply typed out and just as I posted it I lost the internet connection. That's the bad thing about traveling... poor connections.

Nice yard Elaine!

Howard. hope the new meds work out for you. I don't like visiting doctors or dentists but they are necessary, I guess.

Kathy, my daughter tried playing sick one time when she decided she did not want to go to a new school. Soon as the school bus was gone she was 'well' and wanted to play. I told her that sick little girls had to stay in bed all day to get better... mean mommy that I was. She only tried it one more time to see if I was serious and didn't fake it anymore after that.:D

After the deluge yesterday, and the sun coming out this afternoon there are flowers popping up everywhere. They look gorgeous. Don't think I better go traipsing through peoples yards to take pictures though.:o

I thought duct tape was a neccesity and WD40 works for lots of things... even getting sticky duct tape residue off.:lol:

Worked on a painting this morning for a bit and since supper is over I'm going to work on it some more. Have to play catch up with Mary and Elizabeth, lol.

Katwyld
05-14-2009, 08:18 PM
A little trivia fact... the "WD" in the WD40 stands for 'Water Displacement'... the reason for the "40" is that was the 40th formula he tried that finally worked the way he wanted it too. heh (it's good to have a hubby with lots of 'useless' knowledge in his head... he told me this a LOOONG time ago. :p)

Not a problem, Mary, I use the stuff all the time for things, that's why it popped into my head. Sometimes being a 'mechanic' is useful. heh

Glad things went well at the doctor, Howard, and hope the new meds work out for ya.

Patti, that's what zoom lenses are for! :D

Ahhh, duct tape... wonderful stuff, that... we have all kinds of it around the shop... white, gray, aluminum colored, actual aluminum... magic stuff!

OkeeKat
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
HELLO ALL!!!:wave:
Thanks all for the wishes for the business plan award. Susan your too funny:lol: !
Howard, glad things went well with the Dr.
Kim ohh how exciting to get Cindy on saturday!! she's so adorable.

My client recieved the Portrait this afternoon!!!!!:clap:
SHE WAS SOO Excited and LOVES IT!! SHe says... both her and her husband love it and its REALLY HIM!! Especially the eyes!! She loves his happy look!! She's going to recommend me to others and maybe get me to do another painting for her of other kids later this year!!:D
I found out Michael passed away about 8 yrs ago at the age of 42 with numerous health issues, he was very sick. I'm glad now she will remember his when he was healthy and happy!!!:clap:

Going to watch Dave paint some this evening. cyas later!!
Yeah I'm off tomorrow!!:smug:

Kathrin G.
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Robert and Howard, I am glad you are getting the rain you were hoping for.
Kathy, your tiny faker terrorist story made me laugh :lol: Thomas, my oldest, would never come up with such a thing. But my little man did it only a few months back too :p They were practicing songs in church for the Christmas show and he got bored. Told teacher he was sick and school rang to get him picked up. Grandparents went to get him. As soon as he was home, he asked them were could they go for the day :lol: We had a serious chat that evening and I doubt he will do it again in a hurry :evil:
Kat , going to pm you tomorrow :D thank you very much :clap:
Susan, hope you got to do some painting.
Mary, hope you get your table to work to it's full potential.
Robert, :lol:
Howard, glad the doctors appointment went well. Hopefully the new meds will work out well.
Patti, enjoy the sun and happy painting
Kathie, glad she loved the portrait, but no surprise really :wink2: it is fantastic
ah well, 1.15am again :rolleyes: spend a lot of time painting today. Wish I could say I was painting trees, but no......you guessed right, the horse portrait :lol: Had to work out a dodgy part, but I think I got it sorted.
The rain we were expecting since yesterday arrived this evening in force. My garden is happy and now I am happy that I dont need to work :lol: Headache came back this evening too, but the tablets managed to make them less bothersome.
I am off to la-la land. Good night everyone :wave:

Bright Eyes
05-15-2009, 01:15 AM
I hope CindyLou bites you....i'm channeling

thoughts to the pup....bite....bite

:evil: <------KIM, the evil one
:eek:
Thats it! As soon as I get my pup I'm hunting you down like an animal:evil: In the mean time I'm sending some anti-bite-me vibes to the poor little CindyLou:heart:

Kathrin hope you have a good night. And glad you got to work on the horse a bit more.

Kathie that is great news! Especially if you can get some more commissions of it:thumbsup:

Kat your husband is like my brother. Lots of interesting but use less (on most occasions) information.:rolleyes:

Patti sounds like where your at is mighty pretty right now.

Howard glad the appointment went well. Hope the medication works out for you.

Robert duct tape and WD40 really do make the world go round don't they:)

Mary is it possible that table is supposed to have an air lift type function, like the levers on office chairs? Have no clue how to fix that but it would make sense why it only goes a couple of inches.

Susan I hope miss Debbie arrived and I hope you painted some, have a good night:wave:

Well I'm off to put the little grimlins to bed. Have to get up bright and early to shampoo carpets. This way all the dirt and grime is out of the carpet so when I have to spot clean during puppy potty training there isn't already a bunch of dirt and grime built up.
Then I'm headed off to a "last day of school" party for Monica at 2:30. Busy day tomorrow! Don't know If I'll be checking in or not. See you all later:wave:

~~Kathleen
05-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Evening all, I was going to pop into the shower and after pop into bed, but in the meanwhile I received this in an email.
DISCLAIMER:
I do not condone this action (Mind you I did find it it hilarious :wink2:)

How to wash a toilet:
1. Put both lids of the toilet up
And add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid.

You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

6. Have someone open the front door of your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_b0M-W17FVYo/Sgznw9uoabI/AAAAAAAAXWs/XGg-MqA7zZ0/s400/Howtowas.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_b0M-W17FVYo/Sgznw9uoabI/AAAAAAAAXWs/XGg-MqA7zZ0/s1600-h/Howtowas.jpg)
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.
Signed;
Your best friend The Dog.:lol:

See you all for coffee in the AM.:wave:
~~Kathleen

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 04:40 AM
ah Kathleen, that is soooooooo mean :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
>
>
>
>
.........but so funny :lol:
Kim, the last big clean up before the mess :lol: We are looking strongly into adding number 5 to our bunch here. This takes a good bit of thinking and planning, but now we finally came up with the perfect breed to suit all and everything :heart: Just need to find a breeder now :rolleyes:

Good Morning everyone :wave: Coffee is ready :) Not feeling too bad, more stiff then sore. Another cloudy sky. I think my garden could do with another good downpour and then some sun and warmth would be lovely :D
I am getting the boys off to school in a minute and then I think I can paint for the day. The big tidy up still shows, just some cloth to be washed and all is well.
Hope you all wake up feeling well and having the weather you were hoping for.

idylbrush
05-15-2009, 06:48 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2009/36241-imageproxy.aspx.jpeg

Found this very cool LED lamp at IKEA yesterday for 29.00 USD. Really throws out some good light and a great visual color overall. Looks rather sleek on the wall as well. I could see a string of these as a great way to light a wall or artwork.

Reworking an old canvas. 36X36". Had a few transfers on it so am trying to push them back a bit and still have them somewhat visual but subdued. May have to add a few new transfers.

The new med is working. YIPPEE!

Got a bit more rain yesterday so the plants are still dancing. You can almost watch the grass grow.

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Howard :wave: The light looks very cool.
Fantastic news about the meds doing their job and the rain for your plants is good news for us too. More garden photos expected of you soon :)

Himself just rang. We heard about a breeder not too far away and he rang him. We might be in luck to add to our family over the weekend too :D Wont say much more tho or I jinx it :eek: Wish me luck :lol:

noodle1
05-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Morning Everyone,

Coffee here and the usual juice. Sun's out, let's see for how long. Bad, bad storm here last night, lost satellite and figured needed to shut down computer.

Hope everyone has a great day! And everyone who has had a bug or a crick in the neck is well past it and feeling much, much better.

Elaine

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Elaine :wave: Enjoy the sunshine :)

objectivistartist
05-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Would rather do that to the dog - it stinks much more...:evil:

bairam
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Kathie (OkeeCat).

I'm fairly new to this forum and was very disappointed when I posted a mandala that I did from Kathy's class. I got hits but no comments and I really wanted to hear what people thought about my piece.

Did you look at it? Did you make a comment?

I feel like I've done something to offend everyone on this forum and am thinking that I won't post here any longer.

As artists we do need feedback from fellow artist. Maybe it ego or self doubt, but that's how it is. I'm just as guilty as others not taking the time to comment on someone's work. Sometimes because there are so many accolades, that I feel my comment would be redundant. I tend not to comment if I feel negative about the work and will only comment if I think it will help the artist do better.

Sorry, just needed to vent and you gave me the perfect opportunity.
I would love to stick around and learn more about working with acrylics. Hope that you all will accept me into this forum.

~~Kathleen
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Bairam, and welcome to QDC and our little discussion area.
Just a quick comment re your statement
I'm fairly new to this forum and was very disappointed when I posted a mandala that I did from Kathy's class. I got hits but no comments and I really wanted to hear what people thought about my piece. While I do understand your chagrin, you would have done better posting it in the forum below for critiques and comments. The MTN threads are so very busy and often paintings get overlooked. But very rarely in the main forum here. I, for one was very busy and while I was able to read the posts, was in a situation where commenting was next to impossible, I cannot answer for others, just myself, and now that my life is more on track, I will be commenting much more frequently once more! So please be patient with us, and as you said, (in general) "What comes around, goes around." As well stating your case is a very positive move.:thumbsup:
As for Kathie, I find that she is relentless in commenting on posts, and how she missed yours is beyond me. I know that for a fact she is one of the most encouraging posters we have here. So be patient, and give us a second chance, I am sure that things will right themselves soon.

Morning all, I painted most of the night, and have up-dated my Tulip below. I now have the absolute pleasure of joining my friends for breakfast. (a treat that I have not been able to avail myself of lately).

Kathrin Good afternoon, hope your day is progressing in a positive manner.
For all the rest of you sleepyheads out there....GET UP it is a beautiful day out there.

I do hope everyone enjoys their day, and that Carol is not working too hard (miss me girl?:evil:)
Remember, except for Dee, it is Friday! (and maybe even she will get time off this weekend)
We then have all weekend to play!:wink2:
Thanks for the coffee Elaine, between you & Katherin, I always have my first cup without waiting.

Howard, isnt IKEA a wicked place?
I have not seen those lights here, they are really a neat idea. Happy the meds are working in a positive manner, You do deserve to get your life back on track now. I am sending positive vibes to you.

I do hope that my joke re the Cat & the toilet did not offend anyone, I just found it soooo very funny when I got to the end, and saw that it was from the dog.....(There is going to be one very sorry a&&ed dog out there soon!):eek:
Be well all, and have a good one. I know, I am.
~~Kathleen

susme48
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Did get to paint for a little bit...not long, but felt good!! Today will probably be a run around day.

Neighbor is here to borrow pc...back later!!

OkeeKat
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Good Morning all!!:wave:
Thanks Kathrin and Kim, I hope she will send me more referrals, wont that be nice. I am sooo glad she realy enjoyed the Portrait.:D

Welcome to our little chat thread Maria, Surely you are welcomed here any time, we love to have you, just pop in anytime and say what you feel.
We vent here all the time!! Thats one nice things about all the good friends here, we understand frustration and upset, always offering a shoulder to lean on.
Forgive me for not commenting on your painting, I do miss some now and then but on my days off I go thru and view and comment on those that I didnt. I do try to comment even if its just great, etc.. if not I do try to think how I would fix it if it was my painting as I hope others would do the same for my posts. Its always good to have fresh eyes and others viewpoints even if you dont follow their suggestions, it might help you look at it differently and maybe do that suggestion on future paintings.
Thats my theory anyways.
I do hope you continue posting, some folks don't get on every day and might take a day or two to see it. so be patient.
OHH I know I look at mine often and wonder why some dont post but they too have reasons, I also know now that views can be also from guests that can't post but do look. so that number on the right is decieving.
Kathy did a great job on that classroom!! Sorry I was too busy to partake.
Life does get in the way of art tooo often!!

Howard, glad you got the rain I sent you!! your gorgeous blossoms realy needed it.. cant wait to see more pics! Love the lamp!

Susan, hope she hurry's back with your computer!!:lol: Glad you got to paint! hows the caregiver?? Are the dogs all mended now?? Hope Bubbas feeling better!
Kathrin, hope your neck and headaches gone, OHH what exciting news about the ahh.. possible.. ahh yeah we can't talk about it yet.. dont want to jinx ya.. crosses my fingers for new member.. ohh did I say that.. no you heard me thinking.

Kathleen, LOVE THAT JOKE!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks for the compliments, I do try to post on everyone, but somedays I just don't have the time. your too kind:o
I have heard it before but one thats never worn out!! my poor boys do look like that though when they get their baths!! oh yeah gota get Kathrin photos next bath in the double sink!!:lol: When is your new place going to be ready to move into?? I love it.. its gorgeous! thanx for the photos!
Hiya to EVERYONE ELSE!! ((HUGS)) sorry if I dont mention each one rightnow. gota get move on. took forever to go thru my mail!!

worked last night a little with my oils, will post it here later when I get photo, its of the bunny I did on my ATC. my first attempt and learning how they handle. did spend a few hrs last eve watching Dave the painting guy, he's great!!
well off to get dressed and run to the bank and pick up a few paintings from the gallery, boss's wife wants me to put some in the waiting room of our office and to put some cards and brochures out too.. thought that was sooo kind to do!! Doc often says ya gota put some paintings up here to show folks. well tues we have one of the Dairy farm owners coming to see Doc and she thinks It be great to have the cow painting up in the waiting room so gona get it today and put it up!! Hope that helps cuz we do get SOO many patients thru the office!!
Have a good day all, be back later!!:wave:

Lady Carol
05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
As artists we do need feedback from fellow artist. Maybe it ego or self doubt, but that's how it is. I'm just as guilty as others not taking the time to comment on someone's work. Sometimes because there are so many accolades, that I feel my comment would be redundant. I tend not to comment if I feel negative about the work and will only comment if I think it will help the artist do better. no comment is redundant if it is a valid point. I often will place a crit even when others have only posted accolades. I believe crits are more important that pats. But I have to say that a forum is like a friendship or dialog, it has to be worked at and is not one sided. It is much easier for us to comment if we get to know you and one way that happens is if you comment. Yes, I know petty but that is the way people are. Members are more likely to comment because they know that you have taken the time to comment on their work, even if it is only an attaboy.

Sorry, just needed to vent and you gave me the perfect opportunity.
I would love to stick around and learn more about working with acrylics. Hope that you all will accept me into this forum. You are welcome to vent. This is the thread to do it in. We all vent in here...among other things. Welcome to the QDC.

Lady Carol
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Susan, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Raymo, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Purple, Tony, Tracy and any any one else.

Kathleen that joke was hysterical. I should do that with Toby. He has a fascination with the toilet.

I do hope everyone enjoys their day, and that Carol is not working too hard (miss me girl?:evil:)
Kathleen......who? :evil: :lol: Yah! it seems that work just piles on and on and on.....:mad: And then the pages of the QDC get longer and longer and I have even more reading to catch up on.

Actually, I am having lunch with a fellow WCer from the CP forum today. Should be interesting. I have never met her in person.

Katwyld
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
'Morning y'all... It's Friday but I feel so wiped out I can't even be excited for it. :P

Enjoy your lunch, Carol! Sounds like fun.

Maria, I have found that I do get more comments when I've been commenting on other folks work... Course, lately time has been sparce and I haven't put up anything of my own in a long time either. Stick around! And yes, this is a good place to vent. :)

Kathie, it's nice when your workplace is encouraging, isn't it? Good luck!

Kathleen, that's one of my favorites! That and the 'how to give a cat a pill' one... priceless!

*hugs for Susan* Don't run yourself too much today!

*hugs for Elaine* Howdy! :)

Yay! Glad the meds are working, Howard... that's great news! And yay for rain, too. :) We didn't get as much as I thought we would yesterday... lots of noise, not so much rain. I'm kind of glad for that, trying to keep the dogs relatively clean so I don't have to take so long bathing them next week before our trip.

Good luck on... uh... whatever might or might not actually be happening, Kathrin. :D

Kim, yeah, he's good that way. Always reading stuff and picking stuff up. It's good for me, though, I love hearing that kind of thing. :lol: (and he can almost always answer my questions when I have them and is good at explaining stuff to me I don't understand. :D)

So... overslept this morning, got to work a little over a half hour late... and I'm still done with everything. :rolleyes: Been done for a little while... But.. I finally got the color chart card thing done I was doing for my colored pencils (well, mostly, still have the flesh and grays to do, but I'm not as worried about them) so I think I'll spend some time here playing with them.

Right now I'm just waiting for a patient's study to come through the old system so I can send it to the new system and it's being difficult and erroring out on me! :mad:

RPut
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM
This is where my head is at-----

This is the song for the school year end
It just goes on and on my friend,
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was
And they'll continue singing it
Forever just because
This is the song for the shcool year end
It just goes on and on my friend.............

susme48
05-15-2009, 12:56 PM
OK....FINALLY have my pc back...:lol:

Kathleen that is a riot!! Have seen something similar...but love that pic...one ticked off kitty cat!!

Kathrin, glad you are feeling some better!! Wish my lick and a promise were still showing...:lol: bits of it still do. Also washing clothes...wheeeeeee!!

Howard, so glad about the meds!!!!!!! Neat light!

Morning Elaine!! Glad someone has sun!!

Maria, you are so welcome here!! I did peek, but I admit I did not comment because that day my time was not my own...I apologize. I thought it was lovely, and very well done...loved the depth! I agree with Kathleen...sometimes it helps to give a piece it's own thread...some of the older classrooms are not viewed as often. I hope you will stick around and give us another chance! (and as was said...we all vent in here...I might be one of the biggest venters...:lol: and they put up with me...so don't worry!)

Kathie, Bubba is some better...still seems kind of tired and sort of "off" for lack of a better term...I am assuming it is the virus. The neighbor's phone is out, and they cannot come fix it till tomorrow..and her job depends on printing out forms from the pc, and finding out what jobs she has for the weeek (she started out as a mystery shopper, now she is a merchandizer, predominately for Hallmark) Today is an extra day off for the caregiver...too many hours with her being here all day Saturday. I hate 31 day months...have to give up 3 more days, as well as the weekends....since we only get 20 hrs a week, not to exceed 80 for the month. Please keep praying we will get extra hours!! That is great about having your stuff at work!

Carol...that is cool that you get to meet someone...I hope to one day!! We kind of all live pretty far apart for a big get together unless one of us wins the lottery...:) But we can dream!!

Morning Kat....sorry your day is not going so well! Hopefully you will feel a bit more TGIF later today!

Trying to decide if I shoul enjoy all this quiet, or make the manchild arise and greet the day...:lol: He decided to sleep on the floor last night...who knows why. Guess I should at least give him his meds, and then let him decide.

Later all!!

noodle1
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi again,

Welcome Bariam! Don't know how I missed it either but I apologize and will go check it out. This is definitely the "venting" place and a place to have some fun with each other as well, hope you join in often.

I can't seem to get away from "green"..lol but put the trees aside for a bit and at least finished the cp drawing I started a thousand years ago. Flowers done now to agonize over a background, didn't plan to do one but that was a mistake.

Sounds like everyone doing well, hope so..Kathrin how's the neck? Did I read uh no..lol Sue you got to paint hurray, hope day not to involved and you can do some more.

Big hellos to Kathleen enjoy lunch, Kathie, Kathy, Dances, Kim, Howard, Robert, Mary, Carol, Kat, Sharon, Shirl, Dee, Ruthie, EP, Patti, Raymo, Shirl,
forgive me if I missed anyone.

Time to cruise around, have a good rest of your afternoon.
Hugs,
Elaine

bairam
05-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone for you comments. I realize that I need to be more involved in the action here and have started this morning responding to threads and giving critiques when necessary.

I'll stick around and you may get sick of me. LOL I've been very active in the WC forum and Photography as they are also things that I enjoy. Photography mostly now for referances, but I've made friend over there and keep in touch.
by-the-way, I've had so many hits on my thread and still think I would have sunk off the page and never been seen again if I hadn't said something. thanks all.

biddlebeach
05-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi guys!! welcome to the nuthouse Maria! You sure you wanna join in?

I guess now I better git my arse over to see the post! so I can comment.. I'll be back!

biddlebeach
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh Maria! nice job!! I know why I didn't even look at it, I didn't know what the title meant! still don't, but glad I looked!
okay, enough messing around here, I HAVE to go and start shampooing my living room, thanks to a sweet old doggie.. sigh,, will be back later!
(I know, thanks for the warning,,LOL)

susme48
05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Ruthie, poor Ruthie!!http://www.pic4ever.com/images/consoling2.gif

Marie, we are all just a bit nuts as Mary said...but we love each other warts and all!! (even if Ray has more than the rest of us :angel:) We get crazy some days, quiet others...but you are more than welcome here!

I gave the manchild his meds...said he was getting up...that was more than an hr. ago...guess I will paint....that should awaken him...:lol:

DLed a bunch of flowering trees...now to play!

AMuse
05-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Good Morning all.

Well things are almost under control again. The blue car is fixed, the field trip went great, my dinner with my friend for her 40th b-day (with a few others and nice cake!) If you are ever in Calgary I highly recommend calling up the Highwood for a dinner reservation!

And the kids are off school today and we just finished painting the pots and "accessories" for their fairy garden. (they did the painting I did the to-ing and fro-ing and cleaning up! LOL)

and now I'm thinking I'll take them out for lunch for a treat (OK it's Wendy's but to them it's a huge treat!)

Maria! welcome to the Cafe! we love new faces.... especially if they are willing to poke fun at Ray with us! ;)

idylbrush
05-15-2009, 03:04 PM
still think I would have sunk off the page and never been seen again if I hadn't said something. thanks all.

Welcome to wet canvas, the acrylics forum, this happens quite frequently. There are so many posts, especially in this forum, that it is easy to have one or two or three slip by and disappear. Happens all the time no matter how diligent one tries to be.

Welcome to life.:wink2:

Bright Eyes
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
we love each other warts and all!! (even if Ray has more than the rest of us :angel:)
Whoooa! Too much information! Do we really have to love him with his warts?

Just stopping by for a quick hello:wave: Taking a coffee break from my carpet shampooing. I see I'm not the only one at it (don't have too much fun Mary!).

Kathrin there is a new little pooch to be coming along? Why must you tempt us with all this talk of a new addition and not tell us the breed? Shame on you! Hope you get your puppy soon:)

Maria welcome to the QDC:wave: Sorry you had a bad experience. If you need something critiqued your more than welcome to send me a PM and let me know where its at (and that goes for anyone else too) due to lack of time I don't always read through all the threads. Just give me a heads up and I can check it out.

Elaine glad your getting some sunshine! Its raining away over here.

Don't mean to leave anyone out but I've got to rush and go back to the carpets. Have a great day everyone!

bairam
05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Mary, it OK, unless you read Spanish you wouldn't know what it says.

I'm from Spanish extraction and using the language in this piece helps to include women from all the world. At least in my mind it does.

A Mandala is a spiritual form that has been used by many of the worlds spiritual movements, including Native Americans, as in their sand paintings, Christian as seen in their round stained glass windows, Moslems, Buddhists, Hindu, Tao and others.

The title is translated: Mandala of the Women.

Raymo
05-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Maria, you have to watch this group. They are a pretty snooty bunch. Poor ol Raymo has to come in once in awhile and beat them down a bit. Welcome to the group. Just between me and you....watch out for Kim, Noodles, Susan, Kathie, Kathy, Mary, Ruthie, Sharon, Carol, Dee, Kathleen, Howard, Kat, PattiCakes, Robert, Kathrin, and on and on....they are freaks and a bit on the geeky side. Dont make me add you to the list. I will keep my eye on you.

Ohhh, hi to everyone....you weirdos....:lol:

:evil: <----Kim

~~Kathleen
05-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Note to self:
Remember to let Ray know that we may be weirdos, but we do not have WARTS!.:smug:
That we may be geeks, but as well, we are all fabulous Artists,:smug:
That he still has not finished a bird to our liking,(he will say to "his" liking.):smug:
That we do tolerate him in this section of the forum, as where else would accept him? (Our niceness is showing through.):smug:
~~Anonymous:evil:

~~Kathleen
05-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Maria, an addendum to the comments I made earlier re your sadness re no replies.
I just noticed that your post was made during the evening.
I have noticed that during the evening/overnight, a lot of lurkers come by to view and rarely post.

I'd like to think that they are pleased (for the most part) with what they see, but they seem to refrain from commenting as Acrylics is not their medium of choice.

Most of the regulars here do not post much in the evening hours during week days.
(My opinion only!)
~~Kathleen

idylbrush
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, a storm coming in, looks like rain again.

Whoo Hoooo!

Gallery Walk tonight. Be MIA for a bit.

Hey Ray, be careful, I resemble that remark.

Lady Carol
Just between me and you....watch out for Kim, Noodles, Susan, Kathie, Kathy, Mary, Ruthie, Sharon, Carol, Dee, Kathleen, Howard, Kat, PattiCakes, Robert, Kathrin, and on and on....they are freaks and a bit on the geeky side.

Ohhh, hi to everyone....you weirdos....:lol:
Oh Ray...you flatterer. No one could have said a nicer thing about me than that. You certainly know the right thing to say about a gal.

bairam
05-15-2009, 04:15 PM
LOL Thanks Ray. I'll be sure to keep my eye on.....you...
Oh! Excuse me, I meant them. Wink!

Raymo
05-15-2009, 04:31 PM
LOL Thanks Ray. I'll be sure to keep my eye on.....you...
Oh! Excuse me, I meant them. Wink!

Oh, that's it....i'm keeping my eye on you....

Raymo
05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh Ray...you flatterer. No one could have said a nicer thing about me than that. You certainly know the right thing to say about a gal.

I have been known as " The Ladies Man "....:lol:

Raymo
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
but we do not have WARTS!.:smug:

I'm gonna rub my warts all over Susan and Kathleen....:evil:

(Teena told me the other day she wants me to finish the stupid bird painting)

Raymo
05-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey Ray, be careful, I resemble that remark.
:lol:....haha, I think we all do. We're all art dorks. Well, Kim is probly more of a dork than most of us. Well, Susan too. Noodles, well, she's just a weirdo art dork....:evil:....and dont get me started on Mary.

:cat: <----major dork

~~Kathleen
05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
" The Ladies Man "....:lol:
HUH?
I think not!
Do I look like you could "Snow" me?
(or even better, like you would want to?)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2009/92567-Coffee_time.gif

Kathrin G.
05-15-2009, 05:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: you are the funniest bunch I have ever come across :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me for one, I stay painting acrylics forever just as to have a reason to stick around :D :lol:

Kim, all go well I got news by Sunday :D but for now no, no more info :smug: Arg, I just hope all goes well :o
Happy painting everyone :wave:

AMuse
05-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Good afternoon.... just had a chat with my girls about why you can't just put your brush full of acrylic paint down on the table!

:eek:

LOL

meanwhile.... I'm in full glazing mode for the latest tile pendants - and the darling girls are playing dress up

(and I'm drinking to recover from the last pic Raymo posted of himself!)

noodle1
05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I have been known as " The Ladies Man "..roflol What are you known as now? That should stimulate some good conversation..:D

Noodles

AMuse
05-15-2009, 06:07 PM
..roflol What are you known as now? That should stimulate some good conversation..:D

Noodles

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROFLMBO!!!

Raymo
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh you gals quit ganging up on me. :mad:

Get back to painting your trees....Dorkmo....

and make extras. Do it !

Haha, Kathleen....nice jammies, woohoo !

*dee*
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
I love y'all! :lol:

*dee*
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Even Raymo! :o

:lol:

Lady Carol
05-15-2009, 08:59 PM
..roflol What are you known as now? That should stimulate some good conversation..:D

Noodles
:lol: hysterical Elaine. Yup! Score another one for the women :clap:

OkeeKat
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL Elaine!!
thats one sicko photo Raymo.. poor Teena!!:lol:
ya know at least us Art Dorks done paint "stupid birds"!!!!!!
/bonks Ray on the back of the head..:evil:.. Gibbs style!:D
.. ahh I think there is a cream to help those warts Ray!!
:clap: Yeah!! .. another one for the ladies!!:smug:

Raymo
05-15-2009, 11:47 PM
You girls are sooo bad....:mad:....:lol:

susme48
05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Kathy...I bet Bubba would get along with your tiny terrorists...tho' the combo might not work...:lol: he LOVES Wendy's!

Kim...it would be nice I guess...but your choice...:lol:

Oh, hi Ray...I mean weirdo...and I thought I was 'hot thang' and now I am snooty, freaky and geeky?? :angel: sigh!

I believe 'anonymous' forgot how 'stupid' his paintings are? (Ray's words, not mine) Copying anonymous's list...especially the fabulous artist part!!

Howard...hurray for the rain...have a great walkhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Leisures_and_Sports/museum-104.gif...and we ALL resemble those remarks...:)

Oh Ray...that picture makes me hurt!!! owowowowow!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky056.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Ray you are so brave, because I have been busy painting!!! :evil: you better watch out...there might be a can of whoop-a-- around here somewhere! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/boxing.gif

Kathleen you look comfy this evening!! Been just sitting around here since I cleaned up my paints....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2009/51170-maxine2.gif

Elaine....http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com)Good one!!

We love you too, Dee!!

Kathie...love the Gibbs style smack on the back of the head!! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/126fs4147532.gif I do feel sorry for Teena...but such is life; it is for better or worse, ya know. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/consoling2.gif

We SHOULD behave, I suppose, since we have a visitor...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/pillowfight.gif rather than a food fight?

Ray...here ya go...you might as well use it...http://www.pic4ever.com/images/kap.gif

This has been fun!!

Bright Eyes
05-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Gee willikers! Folks I think it high time we done pull out our sling shots, pitch forks and any sharp pallet knife you can find, this is war!

Ray won't even know what hit him:evil:

:angel: -------->Kim practically perfect in every way
:evil: ---------->the one who's name must not be spoken

dances_with_oils
05-16-2009, 04:22 AM
Morning everyone or is it evening?

Had some generous neighbourhood kids decide to share their fireworks at 02darkandscary00 (that's 2 am to normal folks).. woke me up, the wimpy dogs and now I can't seem to get back to sleep... Mister Dances is fast asleep as I suspect he has learned to tune out things that go bang in the night that aren't RPGs or IEDs. GRRRRR

I was power washing the deck earlier and it's ready to paint. It's a long weekend here in canuckistan so I have three whole days of hubby being home to get the last of the garden stuff done. I have a small day dream about being able to paint outside this year in our backyard. Last year the foundation was being dug up and the basement rebuilt. So far this year, the deck needs attention and dead trees needed removal.

The portrait is coming along, I started the skin tone washes... it looks a bit odd right now as I usually leave the eye details until last. I've been struggling with the hair colouring as well. The subject has dark blond hair - peppered with grey and sun-bleached strands. His eyebrows are particulary sun-bleached and I can't seem to get the right mix for that. Any ideas on what to mix for an ash blonde with gold blonde highlights?

Kim, is today the day you go get your new pup?

I'm off to try and get some sleep...hopefully...LOL

Kathrin G.
05-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Good Morning everybody :wave: Coffee is ready, orange juice and apple juice in the fridge. Got croissants this morning, very yummy, take whatever you like :D
I see you had lots of fun here :lol: :lol: :lol: Just love those smilies :D
Wonder is there any way I can save them to my own computer for future use and reference lol

It is Holy Communion Day here. Not for us tho, Ian is only in 1st year and they dont get it till 2nd year. Just as well, looking at the weather out there :eek: Wind has picked up and it is raining. Not a good day for a day out, but a good day for staying in and watching the plants grow :D
If all goes by plan, I got to go and see a "bone setter" today. He is a healer who manipulates bones without any jerking or pulling. Just gentle stroking.
Ah it looks like a load of humbug to watch him, but to me he proofed his ability a few years back. Really need him to take a look at my neck. Wonder will his magic wand pick up on my knee too :rolleyes:

Kim, good luck and have fun with the puppy today :clap: Dont forget to take photos :wink2:
Dances, hope you get all your jobs done so you can live out your dream :)
Have a lovely day everyone :wave:

noodle1
05-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Morning all,

Thanks for the coffee and croissants Kathrin, (hope he helps with your neck, ) hmm love those, got some stuff here too so help yourselves.

Oh poor Raymo, just funnin' with ya, but ya know you kind of ask for it..lol
What would we ever do without you, hang on let me think a minute :D drawing a blank..haha

Love you too Dee.

Morning Sharon, Kim, Sue, Kathy, Kathie, Dances, Mary, Shirl, Howard, Robert, Patti,Kathleen, Kat, Ruthie, EP, Kathrin, Carol, Maria, Sue, mind wandering, don't mean to miss anyone.

Back to being gray and rainy here, not to mention it's Saturday,which means the day is not mine, hubby up and runnin' already. I'm gonna hide..haha
Kim puppy day! Hurray. Sue glad ya got to paint, I actually accomplished a lot yesterday, painitng and drawing wise, you guys must be rubbing off on me. I even posted on WOYE, and I haven't done that in quite awhile.

Hope everyone enjoys the day, feels better, gets what they want to accomplish accomplished..haha and just has an all around great day.
I hear footsteps, time to hide under the bed..LOL

See ya later,
Hugs,
Elaine

biddlebeach
05-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh, that's it....i'm keeping my eye on you....

ACK!!!! that hurts to even look at it! RAY!! didn't your mother tell you don't do that? you face will stick that way???

AND just what do you MEAN by don't get me started on Mary?? hmm???
you stinker!

biddlebeach
05-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Got the living room carpet done yesterday, dang dog, sure can make a mess of things.
Hubs came home, walked into the office, came back out and said, whatever you did in the living room, you better do in the office next, sigh,, so I guess I will have to do in here today.
the little bugger had another episode yesterday, although I caught her in time for it to not go into a full blown seizure, she loves to lay in the sun, always has, but I am thinking she is getting too hot and doesn't want to leave, yesterday I set her up under the hammock in the shade, and kept an eye on her, and she went to get up and flopped right over, glad I was keeping an eye on her, I ran out grabbed her up and brought her back in the cooler house. She was kinda loosey goosey for a while, but no real seizure,, whew!
Well, I really SHOULD get up off my duff and get something started!
will check back later, because I am afraid I might miss something! LOL

PattiLou
05-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Just love those smilies :D
Wonder is there any way I can save them to my own computer for future use and reference lol

Right click and Save Picture AS.... just remember where you saved them.

Ray, we're so bad we're good.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2009/125378-miniangelJS.gif

Now I'm taking cover. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-May-2009/125378-scared_couch.gif

Lady Carol
05-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Morning Sharon, Kim, Sue, Kathy, Kathie, Dances, Mary, Shirl, Howard, Robert, Patti, Kathleen, Kat, Ruthie, Kathrin, Elaine, Maria..... who have I forgotten?? Name on the tip of my tongue...starts with R....

Right click and Save Picture AS.... just remember where you saved them.
Well I learnt something new. I always thought that you had to copy the character string. Thanks for that Patti.

I can't believe what a mess I have created in such a short while. I am not even certain how I started in on my art space, except that I am looking for a frog drawing that I did ages ago. But anyway, my art space which is quite small is totally decimated and I am tossing stuff away that I have had for years. A clear out is always good. And I am reorganizing.....and this was all before 9AM :eek:

Oh poor Raymo, just funnin' with ya, but ya know you kind of ask for it..lol What would we ever do without you, hang on let me think a minute drawing a blank..haha
:lol: Weirdo-Raymo is quite happy to dish it out but not when he receives it. Hmmm!!!! Must have something to do with that defective chromosome that some idiot labeled with a "Y"

Off to ride the horse. Hubby is going to have fit when he sees the mess I have created, when he wakes up...oh well.:D I won't be here to see it.

biddlebeach
05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Wonder why we all, suddenly started to work on our work spaces? clearing out, reorganizing, rearranging, and stuff,, strange breed we are, for sure.
still so much to do and have not gotten too much done yet.. did get laundry started, that has to count for something right? of course, it is only 9:40. so I guess I DO have time,,LOL

AMuse
05-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Morning all!

well I didn't totally clear out my art space... but I did reorganize a few things yesterday while the kids were cleaning their craft stuff up.

It's saturday and I'm heading to Staples to make some photocopies... I"m gonna try doing some of howard's gel transfer thingies. I got some nice clip art things from the web and while I was printing them out the kids asked for some to colour and it's be crazy here - LOL

guess I should look into breakfast first! :D

biddlebeach
05-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Sigh, just got a call from hubs, he was going to take the propane tank with him to work today, to get it filled so we can grill supper, yup, he forgot it, so I got to run into town with the tank. leave it at my shop, so he can pick it up to fill on his way home.
Lordy, we gotta write notes for every little thing now a days.
I actually just sat here and wrote a list of what I needed to accomplish today, in order to remember it all.. and I am sure I forgot some stuff, ugh.

AMuse
05-16-2009, 11:28 AM
speaking of that Mary.... I just remembered that I forgot to update my calendar of things to do! ACK!

susme48
05-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Good morning, Kathleen, Elaine, Kat, Carol, Kathy, Kim, Gayle Howard, S,Susan, Dee, Mary, Pattie, Sharon, Kathrin, Ruthie, Bret, Ray, Robert, Kate, Shirl, Megan, Betty, EP, Dan, Kathie, Dances, Maria, Purple, Tony and Tracy!!

Neighborhood kids is one thing I don't miss out here in the boonies. Mine used to play basketball outside my bedroom window till the wee hours...sigh! Hope you got back to sleep, Dances!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sleep012.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Kim...I'm ready...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-039.gif (http://www.clicksmilies.com)

Elaine, I hope you are successful at escaping the evil plans of the hubby! I know that mine for some reason, never wants me to paint, or sleep (he woke me every day this week...grrrrrr!), or anything like that!

Carol....it is amazing how messy things can get!! Mine looks acceptable finally....but only if you don't look under the table (problem is that is where I hid all the bills...do you think that they would accept that as an excuse?? :o )...:lol: or in the closet. Poor hubby....maybe he will clean it for you? :eek:

Mary, I was quite content till Howard and you started rearranging stuff :wink2: ...I think it is catching!

Well...planned on going to the store and running a few errands, and Bubba sure is not letting me forget that! I am sure I will be back later!!

Mary and Kathy...I not only have lists...I have lists to tell me to look at the lists...sigh!!!

biddlebeach
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Back from town, all this writing of lists and stuff makes me want to take a nap! LOL,, better add that to my list!