PDA

View Full Version : Technical help needed

nana b
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I have been wanting to know how to (using photoshop) move objects around and duplicate objects in a photo for quite awhile. I would also like to able to do that from one photo to another.
I know everone is busy but I would really appreciate it:heart: .

nana

Colorix
05-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Use the quick marker to vignette the object, and then copy and paste, either into the same photo (it makes a new layer), or into another photo.

To move it around, click on the tool button to the left with four arrows looking like a +. You can turn, flip, tilt by dragging the handles in the corners and sides, too. (Took me *ages* to figure this out.) Good luck, and have fun!

Charlie

nana b
05-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Okay Charlie, I'll try. Thanks!

nana

nana b
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Okay Charlie,

What is the Quick Marker?:p

Colorix
05-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Nana, I think I know the feeling... somebody just asked me to take a screenshot, so they could help me with some configuration. I'd be happy to do that, once I figure out what a 'screenshot' is... and how it is done... :-D

In Photoshop Elements 6 (and if I remember correctly, it is in PS 7 too), the quick marker is a brush that markes areas of the same value, and it sort of 'glues' the dotted marking line to edges, which makes it easy to mark shapes, without having to fuss with the lasso thingy. Unfortunately, my PE is the Swedish version, so I can't tell you what the quick marker *really* is named in English. Ummm, have you discovered that if you right-click the tools there may be other varieties under the same icon buttton? It could be hidden 'behind' the marking brush. In my version it is the icon to the right of the Magic Wand (which I know is called that!).

Hopefully someone with an English version can tell you the proper name of the tool.

Charlie

Punky2
05-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi nana,

I'm not sure if this is what Charlie is talking about but in Photoshop 6, under the Image menu, choose Extract. In Photoshop CS2, it is under the Filters menu (Filters, Extract).

It is a green marker like tool that you use to draw around the object that you want to separate from the rest of your picture.

Terri

nana b
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Terri, I'll try it.

nana