PDA

View Full Version : Acrylics Hall of Shame

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 12:11 AM
People look at me odd when I hang these up in my gallery. Then, I decided to hide them in my secret Hall of Shame...now they come out of the closet just for you to feast your eyes on...art collectors, eat your art out!!!!!

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 12:15 AM
You're not the art critic OF ME.

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
You cannot stop at just one...

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 12:24 AM
There has to be a cork here somewhere...

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah, swine flu. Thank you for visiting my setbacks and failures. On to grander things...

Sherry

Foxyheart2002
05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I really like the first one and the dad with his little girl.

LavenderFrost
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow, all kinds of stuff here. My favourite is the third one with the white bird.

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Well, doesn't anyone appreciate my 2nd painting..."My Life as an Embryo?" People are so fickle.

Sherry Pettey
05-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Any Vikings fans out there? Note: The wife of this gentleman was purposely placed in a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader's outfit...it's an inside joke way too complicated to explain...

Linee
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I like the bunny. Neat style. I did notice the woman in the cheerleader uniform. Funny! :D

laf.art
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
love your madness :lol: I think you should hang them all

oldradagast
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
It's a shame that you missed the "Ghosts of Incompetence Past" thread.... Some of these would have been real contendors for the crown! :D

Full disclosure: I've painted some "special' paintings over the years and showed them off in the "Ghosts of Incompetence Past" thread, so please don't be offended by my gentle ribbing of these interesting works of art.

My favorite of these disturbing images:

- Of the first group, "Life as An Embryo" is odd, but I have no idea what to make of the brown cloud painting. And why is the painter in the first one wearing odd glittery clothing?

- In the second group, the image of the coyboy running after his dog as the Pillar of the Heavens warps and collapses in the distance is interesting... Oh, that was supposed to be a tornado... Okay...

I also enjoy the little girl talking to the tentacle monster on the alien world while the dog gets doped out on space bubbles. The last one with the woman on the beach with the skeletal Zombie Dude in the background must have some sort of deep meaning, though I don't know what it is.

- Of the third group, the disturbing sweetness of the Siamese Twin lovers in the first image is strange, the second one in the Twilight Zone of video games is odd, but nothing compares with the Hell Fiddler?! What IS THAT?! I have never seen something so painfully RED?! It looks like a horrid cross between Cuthulu and the Devil at the end of Guitar Hero?! WOW!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing these, though I now have to go make some sanity checks... Eeep!

:lol:

Li'l Brown
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
You have a great sense of humour Sherry! Actually I just scrolled through them all without delving too deeply into the hidden meanings (?) and I really get a sense whimsy and fun from them. Definitely hang these -- and let 'em look!

OkeeKat
05-09-2009, 09:19 PM
WOnderful artworks Sherrry!! Think they are great!!

Andrew
05-09-2009, 11:43 PM
That red one with the chick in sun glasses, the skull and the snake has that great 70's chevy van vibe.

Andrew

Sherry Pettey
05-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Linee: And the bunny likes you too!

laf. art: They are safe and secure thrown in the darkest gloom of my studio. Maybe they will be tomorrow's Van Goghs.:rolleyes:

Oldradagast: I knew someone would recognize my royal bloodline...crown contenders...that's what they be. How could you ever offend me by your observations...proves to me that you know art when you see it. Maybe I can help you focus in on some of these "works" that befuddle you...

Of course you would think that "My Life as an Embryo" is odd...you WEREN'T THERE. The brown cloud painting was an effort to make a 3D effect out of brown paint. You can dig deeper, but all you would find in that painting is more brown stuff. As far as the painter with the glitter shirt...he is richer than you or me...even the moderator of this Acrylics channel...so, naturally, he glistens and glitters as he works. His back is towards the viewer because that's basically what he thinks of you...sorry.

The tornado and cowboy is just plain dumb...what country are you from, anyway? New Zealand? I was trying to make a serious painting, and after I about bent over laughing after doing the dog...I just counted this as a learning experience ....this is what being a starving artist is all about. The lesson: Don't paint until you have common sense about what is going onto the canvas.

You complicate your observations by personal interpretation of totally noncommitted subject matter. Bubble Pup was a depression painting...nothing makes sense in the world today...and I must find an outlet to laugh hysterically while the world becomes lopsided and backwards in reason...this is what makes it so funny to me because there is nothing that makes sense at all.

I'm going to tell my husband that you called him a skeletal zombie dude in the "Beach Babe" scene. Actually, part of it was a compliment...the skeletal adjective will be appreciated.

As for the Siamese Lovers...wha? As for the video boys....Wha? That's a normal day at our house. They almost become fetal in position as they play...aren't you around any teenage boys? As far as "Blind Date"...fiddler hell and all....that pink and red is the new black.

Lil' Brown: Anyone who actually seriously attempts to analyze paintings that are meant to release intense emotional distress from the depths of a twisted soul who actually needs a few free art lessons ....well, all I have to say is that they don't have much to do besides sit and look at really bad art...hahahaha...the image of that is sick in itself....

OkeeKat: Garsh, and well, thank you...because sharing is caring!!!

Andrew: I don't think chevy vans deserved that comment.

Sherry

IanArt
05-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Wow. You really have a great imagination. Your creativity is fantastic. I don't think all are great......but to be honest I like a couple of them. The video game one is very cool and I really like the one with the guy taking the picture of the machinary. I find it really got me thinking. Not sure if it was suppose to.......but it did. I find they have a very abstract feel to it even if they are not dirrectly. That takes talent.

Ian

Sherry Pettey
05-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Thank you Ian...I just wanted to show that creativity is not a given for me, unless I really have a motive to express it in some way. These paintings aren't worth the canvas they are painted on, but they are all still a necessary step so that it becomes easier to paint a thought that is worthy enough to be documented visually. I have also discovered what I consider worthless may hold value for someone else...but these are paintings that I really am going to trash...I just want to laugh along with some of you that can appreciate that these paintings got their undeserved fifteen minutes of fame!

Sherry

oldradagast
05-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Sherry: You're response had me laughing all over - great fun!

Nobody can say you're not creative, and it's better to produce some odd but very creative paintings than many paintings that are technically perfect but utterly boring.

You did have some good ones in there, or ones that with a slight tweak would work well. I also got a laugh out of the video game painting and the one with the folks sitting around in the field watching the oil rig. You just know what's going on in that image: the father loves oil rigs and took the family to see one, the mother is just putting up with, and the kid is like "Yeesh, this is how I spent my summer vacation?!" It's something we can all relate to in some way or another, and that is good art, IMHO.

Bertoni
05-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Sherry:
This is work to be proud of!!:thumbsup: Great style!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sherry Pettey
05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Matthew...thanks for playing along to the tune of my sour violin (lost the green tamborine)...I enjoyed your analysis of each of the troubling works listed...hahahaha....

Bertoni...you is full of bologna...just kidding...thank you!

Sherry

PainterDeb
05-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey, does the bunny like me too? :)

Sherry Pettey
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
PainterDeb: Bunny insists that you must feel awful sorry for it first! Baaa-hahahahah-haaaaaaaa...

sherry

lodestar
05-13-2009, 06:51 AM
:thumbsup: :clap: I call this stuff research and developement; Involuntary outpourings. and the life's blood of the creative souls' on going advancement! It's Fundamental to inventive thinking and it a good thing to do and offer for perusal because it's inspirational.:heart: :thumbsup: :clap: :music:

Sherry Pettey
05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
That's right, Lodestar~I was just going to say that!!!! (I love your lineage there on the bottom of your post...hahahaha)!!!

Sherry

PainterDeb
05-13-2009, 06:08 PM
PainterDeb: Bunny insists that you must feel awful sorry for it first! Baaa-hahahahah-haaaaaaaa...

Actually I like the bunny and the van Gogh snowy sky also! :)

Some of these look like good illustrations for a children's book. Do you write also?

Sherry Pettey
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I never went into the book illustration thing too much, and I never write seriously...seriously! I believe in Opportunity...and if that creature ever rose out of the swamps to visit me once in awhile, I would court it. (And make more bunnies). Yuk. I hope I don't need a butt icon for that...

Sherry

Artchrispy
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
This are all really cool! love your imagination, boldness and sense for color.

Sherry Pettey
05-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank U, Chris...life is good with gumballs and color! (Not a mouth defiler...gumballs....)...

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone!~~~I'm still producing acrylics that pitifully drops the brush in the paint pits of the pros...Critiques welcome!!!!!

LavenderFrost
06-10-2009, 11:25 AM
That looks really pretty! And huge!

Sherry Pettey
06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, garsh, thank you, Lavendar Frost...and I just bow my head and whisper thank you again. Oh, and I do, I do, I do~!~I do want to get larger with my "work"...because no matter what I paint...people buggle their eyes and cough behind their hands when the painting is huge and unavoidable!

Sherry

Kaitlyn22494
06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh my gosh! I am in love with like half of those paintings! I LOVE your style and they just look so cool! my favorite is the one of the two lovers on the bridge. Can't wait to see your wall of fame if this is the wall of shame!

Sherry Pettey
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, Kaitlyn, I can tell that you are a kind-hearted soul...so I'm going to share something extra special with you...I have a very dear project that took months of planning and lots of superglue and a everybunny battery...and it has worked out...I must confess, I fancy myself an inventor. This is news for another channel...perhaps Fox News...I have invented a CatLight for the Ceiling...I think I will patent it...but I thought you would enjoy it before it spills out into the avenues of mainstream decor on Trading Crazies or some other TV Do-It Show! Enjoy!

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
06-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Inserting the battery was a bit tricky...

I did make sure that the purchased products were made in the USA.

Sherry

susme48
06-10-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif (http://www.pic4ever.com) Wonderful!!

objectivistartist
06-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Certainly would go well in a house of dogs...:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

dragonshade
06-11-2009, 12:42 AM
OMG... falling off the chair laughing through this. (bet those batteries were a pain-in-the-... :)). Loved the "worthless" paintings BTW. Excellent embryonic image.

Sherry Pettey
06-11-2009, 01:30 AM
LOL!!! Thanx a whole lot for sharing a laugh with me...

Dragonshade...maybe I should give you a little credit for my next brainstorming session invention possibility! I envision a embryonic night light...encased in a faux water sack, and the little grain of rice within glowing off and on in tune to the mother's beating heart...and in nine months it pops off the wall and then Octomom comes by and replaces it with another. I think it's a great workable idea...

Sherry

ReineBlanche2
06-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Sherry, you are a hoot! You just go on producing and enjoying yourself, so we can enjoy ourselves too! A lot of the above are brilliant. Anna.

LavenderFrost
06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I love that catlight. :D

Sherry Pettey
06-11-2009, 08:59 PM
It's something you won't want to live without once you've got a CatLight stuck up somewhere...which seems to fit the nature of cats anyway, (because they are naturally stuck up).

Sherry

PainterDeb
06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Sherry, I mean this in the nicest way, but you are crazy! :lol:

J/K, I love your sense of humor! :)

Sherry Pettey
06-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Deb: I'm the symptom of the times...(what is good is bad and what is bad is good)!

Did I forget to mention that there is alarm system included in every CatLight? Trouble is, the alarm goes off when the battery is inserted...

To get the consumer's mind off this minor inconvenience, I have offered several different protocats in various shades of colors and patterns, guaranteed to match the carpet in every room!

There are a few minor issues on the back burner to work out, (energy in, discharge out), but I'm still working on that one...

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
06-12-2009, 12:42 AM
EUREKA!!!! I've got it...THE SOLUTION! I can sell the whole kittenoodle for $19.95...and throw in the litter box for free...that sucker technique works for that barker on the infomercials!!!! I think I'll send him a CatLight and see if I can coax a purrrrrrrrrfect commercial out of him!

Sherry