PDA

View Full Version : Cherries in a White Bowl

Osteomark
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-06-2009/32048_cherrieswhitebowl1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cherries in a White Bowl
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
none

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is the stem shawdow on the front bowl too dark? Are the reflections too much on the bowl. Should I "hide" them more so they are not so obvious?

Corby
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Osteomark! I like the cherries, amazingly realistic color and texture. The stem shadow could probably be softer the further it travels from the base of the source, the softer and wider it would be. probably not having any really defined hard edge at all. It is hard to say what I want to say about the bowl and reflections so I showed with a workup. The bowl could be better identified as a white ceramic of some sort. To have such specific reflections it would have to be a very reflective surface. So it should be designed with a whiter white and good indications of reflectivity by well placed highlights with fairly sharp edges. The reflections of the cherries would be pulled askew as to their shapes because they would follow the shape of the bowl. So the bowl is of itself the demonstration. I am aware that it does not now fit harmoniously within the environment of the painting as well as the softer more harmonious colors you have used... hope the suggestions are useful...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-May-2009/70790-32048_cherrieswhitebowl1.jpg

Osteomark
05-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Corby,
OOOH I like the blue shadows on the top edge of the bowl. I'll be putting those in and fading out the stem. I like the yellow refelction on the left front also. This is good.
Thanks,
Mark

yarddog
05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
the cherries look good enough to eat.....
as usual...Corby is so right about the reflection......almost looks like stainless....
I can't wait for an update...???....yd

laudesan
05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Corby, you always come through with the goods. I can't wait to see the updated painting Mark.