PDA

View Full Version : Landscape painting with knife II

gopaintin
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-05-2009/135183_ebay_and_paintings_003.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-05-2009/135183_art_apr_09_001.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Landscape painting with knife II
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Taa Daa. Here is the revised painting using your suggestions. Thank you for your advise.<br>Pat

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I think I found the orginal submitted painting- I hope I did it right so you can compare what your suggestions added to the painting.

Sam_I_Am
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
You've definitely added some improvements. The last thing I'd like to see is some randomization of the clouds. Thy're a little too uniform and well-defined for me right now. Good work -you're almost there :)

gopaintin
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Sam I Am
Thank you. I do have a problem with clouds. Maybe I can tweek these a bit to vary the pattern I have made.

bob matheson
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
The landscape is done. I would soften far mountain edge where it meets the sky.It will Push it back futher and I would rework the clouds,not only break up the forms but add some darker values to bases,it will help lighten tops,and I would cool them down as the recede.Jm2c

Sam_I_Am
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I find that the easiest way to do this with knives is to grab a larger knife of any of the square or wedge-shaped patterns (doesn't matter too much), and just start "messing" it up a little. They don't have to have round edges, and should blend right into the blue of the sky. I also like to add a little ambient color from the rest of the painting into the sky/clouds to avoid the ghostly appearance too much white can give. Hope this helps :)

yarddog
05-06-2009, 12:25 AM
gee....I liked it before.....now it's even better....
having just struggled with my knife....I appreciate this even more......yd

mooz49
05-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Excellent work on all the detail with the knife ........