PDA

View Full Version : GIMP Question

Bongo1
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi all -- I've recently started to use GIMP to compare my drawings to reference photos in hopes of making my portrait and figure proportions more accurate. Does anyone know how to draw a line on one layer and then copy and paste it on another layer (preserving the exact angle and length)? How about moving a line from one layer to the next but turning it (e.g., to verify that the length of the nose matches the length from brow center point to the end of the eyebrow)?

I post this question here because I've now heard form multiple sources that several artists who post in the Pastel Forum use GIMP.

Thanks!

BetsyPriesing
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
i use gimp but haven't figured that out yet :mad:

maw-t
05-06-2009, 06:46 PM
:crying: Maybe if you google gimp you might find a tutorial on it... I dont understand how to do much more than resize an image & smudge...:crying:

CM Neidhofer
05-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Here's a link to the online tutorial. Hope this helps. I use Gimp also, but usually just play around with it until I figure it out. Then promptly forget how I did it when I want to do it again!! lol

Anyway, give this a try. It's outlined so you don't have to read through the whole thing, hopefully.

http://docs.gimp.org/en/

Christine