PDA

View Full Version : girl with a yellow flower

La_
05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-03-2009/84648_girl_with_a_yellow_flower.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-03-2009/84648_girl_with_dtl.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: girl with a yellow flower
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
the latest attempt at youth

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
the leaves in front are maybe a little too yellow ... ... background is debatable ... ... anything really, what do you see ... :rolleyes:

Ladyred
05-03-2009, 10:59 PM
LA, I love the over all gest of this painting, it seems the left side of the face is almost like a different person than the right. The chin seems out of line. One nostril is smaller than the other. Left ear looks larger than the right. One eye seems bulger than the other. I am not good this type of painting, I am only saying what I see. The colors are wonderful, gentle. Please look at this again, this concept is beautiful.

Corby
05-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Beautifully done LA, in the same vein as your other young lady. The asymmetry of feature does not bother me in that it is quite a normal thing and is often seen to some degree in people. Interesting how we seem not to notice till it is presented in a painting.

Sam_I_Am
05-04-2009, 12:42 AM
I love it :) I think you were much more successful in capturing the youth on this go-round. I think that the color and composition are both strong. Great work :)

Artlady5
05-04-2009, 01:00 AM
The symmetrical thing does not bother me. I love the brightness of the flower as it seems to reflect off of her and gives a nice feel for the piece. I think you captured the innocent age. The hands however are a little old and masculine. You can be proud of this one. It is almost done and captures youth.

mooz49
05-04-2009, 04:06 AM
A picture of innocence ....gorgeous eyes and lips ....lovely work La!

billmahler
05-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Nicely done, La.
Your paintings generally tell a compelling story and this one is an exceptionally good example.
The blue/grey/purple on her hands and neck is keeping you from your A+.
Fix them and pick up your prize.

La_
05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Ladyred - this is exactly why having extra eyes is so spectacularly handy to have! Thanks, I'll have a close look at both sides !

Corby, thanks, tis the same face (reference) ... up to three of them now ... this one (except the hands and blue that snuck in) the lower half fell into place a bit better.

Sam, thanks, that's encouraging ... it's an interesting challenge, which is good ... i'm back to inspired : )

ARtlady, ah yes, the hands ... they are large in the reference, but i think i went a bit far ... i'll go back in and add some delicate feminism, thanks = )

thanks mooz ... eyes and lips are fun!

bill, dang that blue that snuck onto my brush, i should have Never let it get spread around ... thanks, i'll cover that = )

la

yarddog
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
this one looks a little younger.....?...another beautiful face........yd

Camobob
05-04-2009, 05:59 PM
BRAVO......

Don't change a thing.. very Unique Painting.... nice purple coloring, I like it..

(there is Beauty in Imprefection), don't know who origianlly said that but
I'm saying it again..

nice...

La_
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
thanks guys = )

little tweaks, calling it done (tho i did soften that brown stripe on her right arm after taking the pic).

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2009/84648-girl_with_a_yellow_flower_final.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2009/84648-girl_with_a_yellow_flower_final_dtl.jpg

ErinEmily
05-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Very very pretty! I like your dark/creepy background :P I certainly LOVE the yellow tones playing on her skin tone. As someone else said I think this time you managed a much younger look. Great job!:wink2:

La_
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks ErinEmily, a little bit of pretty emerging from the creep zone ... young'ns are a fun challenge, glad you like = )

la