PDA

View Full Version : WC Social Plans at IAPS Convention

PeggyB
05-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Well everyone May is here and before we know it the end of the month will see many of us at the IAPS convention. :clap:

As most of you know, there will be a WC social on Friday afternoon from 5 to 7 - ish in two rooms of the hotel this time because the preliminary response to my invitation showed more people will be there than last time. Paula Ford and her roomie, Donna Aldridge, and my roommate, Paula Wilson and I will have rooms immediately across the hall from one another, but until we get there we don't know what rooms those will be. Consequently, you will need to contact us once we are in ABQ. You can leave a message for any of us or if you see us or anyone with a WC sticker on their badges, just ask where we'll be. Hopefully anyone who wants to join the fun will know where to find us by the time we begin to socialize.

One thing we did last time was have contact numbers before we even got to ABQ. Anyone who is interested in giving their cell phone number to me can send a PM. I will make a list to share with all others who send their cell numbers so once there we can just call to make contact with whomever we need or want to. We'd also like to know how many to expect so please send a pm to me if you haven't already. I do have the list that was started earlier this year.

There will be wine and goodies, but if you want something else to drink, please bring it. Anyone who wants to contribute to the goody table is welcome to do so. I know it won't be easy for many people to get to a grocery so don't worry if you can't bring something to share. If you have conflicting commitments, drop in if you can for only a few moments to say "Hi, WC family!" These conventions always have more things to do than there is time in which to do it so we just have to make the best of it that we can.

I also have a surprise that I think everyone will enjoy. Nope! I'm not tellin' til you get there. :cat:

Peggy

Paula Ford
05-03-2009, 08:42 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh, I can't wait!! This is so exciting!

The countdown begins...

nana b
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Oh, come on Peggy, you can tell me:p .

nana

Deborah Secor
05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Looking forward to it, Peggy! We'll be able to bring some soft drinks... and let us know what else you might need.

Deborah

PeggyB
05-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Sorry Nana, you'll just have to wait. :cat:

Paula I'll let you know in pm more details so you can be prepared. I'm just hoping our rooms will accomodate the crowd! :)

Thanks Deborah for bringing soft drinks. I'd have done so, but I don't know if I'll have a refridgerator to keep anything cold. We'll be able to get ice so maybe you could bring a bucket or ice chest to put the soft drinks in to keep them cold. Ken Hoffman, Dot's husband is helping out by bringing stuff last minute, but I don't want to overtax him. We'll be making a run to Trader Joe's just before the party so we'll get most of the supplies then. If I think of something else you can help with, I'll let you know.

I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone again. I may be a bit tired though... we have friends from college days flying out to Seattle on Tuesday the 12th, and the four of us are taking a week long cruise to Alaska on the 17th. We return on the 22nd, they leave for home on the 23rd, and I fly out on Tues the 26th! Thank you everyone who has volunteered to help - we will make a success of this second bienniel WC Social! :)

Peggy

Deborah Secor
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I have a big cooler, which I can bring up to your room in the morning, if that works for you. I have no place to store it otherwise, because I'm being dropped off, I think. We'll figure it out... Don't sweat the small stuff yet!

Deborah

PeggyB
05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a big cooler, which I can bring up to your room in the morning, if that works for you. I have no place to store it otherwise, because I'm being dropped off, I think. We'll figure it out... Don't sweat the small stuff yet!

Deborah

Perfect! I've not scheduled anything for Friday so just let me know when you arrive. I'll pm my cell number to you...

Small stuff? There's gonna be small stuff??? :eek: I was hoping to avoid anything small. If it's gonna happen, let it be BIG so I won't miss it. :lol:

Peggy

IdahoHat
05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm so glad for all of you! What a wonderful chance to meet and greet. Saving my pennies for next year (if you only knew what all I'm saving for to do next year! :O) My husband would really laugh.

PeggyB
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm so glad for all of you! What a wonderful chance to meet and greet. Saving my pennies for next year (if you only knew what all I'm saving for to do next year! :O) My husband would really laugh.

Good news Harriett - you have two years to save your pennies because the IAPS conventions are held every two years (on the uneven numbered years). :) We'll look for you in 2011

Peggy

bnoonan
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh no Peggy... I didn't think you realized the surprise I was conjuring up... Barb

Maggie P
05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all there!