PDA

View Full Version : Silly winery concept.

MelindaEnglebrecht
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi guys, a friend owns a winery - where twisted oaks and yes rubber chickens are the theme... came up with this graphic (mostly acrylic), going back to the canvas as the rubber chicken is far to big in the comp. may have tiny rubber chickens running around a forrest with many trees...silly enough to post. Any ideas would be great! Thanks Everyone!

*dee*
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
You could paint a twisty, gnarly...sparsely leaved...tree, with tiny rubber chickens for leaves. :lol:

JStoltz
05-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I guess people will be dining out and saying, "Oh yes, and We'll have a bottle of 2009 Twisted Oak, Rubber Chicken."

Actually I find the composition and the vibrant colors very interesting. The enormous size of the rubber chicken is the only thing that's unusual. Though, if the chicken were to scale, it may be less appealing. Don't know what to say on this one.

Jeff

Katwyld
05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Or tiny rubber chickens as the 'fruit'. :lol:

An amusing concept, really. I love the colors you've done in this..

Oh, another thought... chickens holding onto the limbs of the tree, maybe? I was just looking at the painting again, and it looks like the chicken is trying to 'hug' the tree. :D

MelindaEnglebrecht
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Dee - I love it!!! Great idea!! Very twisted and appropriate.

Jeff - LOL his wine is really well known in the wine world and one of the names of his wine is literally *&^%! which sounds like duck.

KYTWYLD - Yeah... funny I tried to paint the chicken dancing with the tree - but the funny this is it looks more like the rubber chicken is being flung at the tree to me...

PainterDeb
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Actually I kind of like the giant chicken. How about having him lean back against the tree with a glass of wine in his "hand"? :)

MelindaEnglebrecht
05-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I kind of like that? I am hoping to paint the chicken more lifeless... with that blank straight up in the air rubber chicken look...

Li'l Brown
05-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I really like the tree and sky and background. I like the idea of the (giant) rubber chicken just being placed somewhere, seemingly randomly in the hills, looking at us.

I once worked in an office where we had a rubber chicken and every morning we had to find where it was hidden. I kidnapped it one day and left ransom notes... so I really appreciate the humour here. lol Should be good whatever you do!

PainterDeb
05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh, I understand now.

Well, what about a blanket spread under the tree for a picnic, and you could have several rubber chickens, laying horizontally on the blanket with their little heads inside an almost empty (horizontal) wine glass, like they'd just drank the glass. They would still have that "blank" rubber chicken look..... :rolleyes: just being a little crazy here..... You'll come up with something great!

MelindaEnglebrecht
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Deb that is funny you mention a blanket...one was on there til the end, I ended up painting over it... I had a tipped glass and a bottle upright. but thought it made the painting too busy... I am going back to the canvas.. I have enough help now I can come up with at least 3 more concepts! Thanks everyone.

arl
05-02-2009, 09:01 AM
I also love the colours.