PDA

View Full Version : Colors of Fall

mobius49
05-01-2009, 04:37 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-01-2009/82256_landscape_20090421_sm.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Colors of Fall
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 12 x 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
n/a

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
c and c welcome !<br>thanks<br>Matt

laudesan
05-01-2009, 04:50 AM
In one word. Beautiful!

You certainly are mastering these wet in wet techniques, I think I should come to you for a lesson, this is one area I struggle with.

I really enjoy that glow on the left, the depth of the painting, is magical, and I love the addition of the splatter. Those mountains make it personal. As I said the painting is just beautiful!!

allanom
05-01-2009, 11:26 AM
A beautiful shimmering achieved.

Not sure if the clumps of leaves in the trees works, though. Might have been a bit subtler with that-- maybe smaller, more random, overall scattering of them among the branches.

MRSBB
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Matt,welcome and nice to see you over here in O/C. You'll get great advice here from some super nice people.

I really like the looseness you have achieved in your mountains and the water reflects those colors really well. I kind of agree with Allan on the placement of the leaves and personally would like a little deeper color on one of the trees on the left, but you know me I love color.

Keep having fun..............Lenore

yarddog
05-01-2009, 07:02 PM
your branches are so delicate....and look so good against all the softness...
really like your composition.........nice technique...looks like fun.....yd

bpc
05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I guess i can't feel the randomness of the birch trees..all spaced equadisdant..all in a straight line ...and all summarily cropped off at the top of the canvas.The foreground tree is so much superior in workmanship in comparison to the others.

mooz49
05-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Another wonderful painter from Alaska ....it seems to be full of great Artists :D
Matt.....this is really beautiful and this is the look of watercolours that I love but could never do .....

mackb
05-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Sighhhh, to be able to paint like that in acrylics....