PDA

View Full Version : Le Tricoteuse

rmc
04-30-2009, 06:36 PM
I have got back to painting again now we are settled in our new house... this is a very very late entry to the masters painitng from earlier in the year...can see a few things to adjust with looking at photo (apologies for shots - camera LCD screen is wrecked...yes those children again... )... but here goes:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2009/83066-littleknitter2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2009/83066-littleknitter5.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Apr-2009/83066-littleknitter4.jpg

c & c welcome

~~Kathleen
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Wonderful Ruth.
You ARE A MASTER yourself.

Glad your all settled in now.
Did you move far?
Will you still get to see Lulu?
Answers, we want answers
~~Kathleen
Who says along with those answers, more Art as well. :)

lilbelle
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Well worth the wait Ruth! She turned out beautifully! Great job on the fabric, hair and features. Awesome finish :thumbsup:

susme48
04-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Beautiful finish Ruth!!!

PainterDeb
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
This is amazing - I look at your painting and see a real person looking back at me!

Ozone
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Ruth you do, what you do, so well. It is Awesome! Even the special care on the knitting. My pleasure.

Ozone:)

Aires
04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Beautiful in every way - one could get lost in the soulful eyes of this child.

howyadoin
04-30-2009, 10:40 PM
That is truly spectacular.

rmc
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Hiya- lovely to see you guys, thanks for all the kind comments
Kathleen... no not a master - gives me new respect for all those chinese who copy masterpieces....they could do something original even better but probably not sell it.
I am now almost 2 hours away from my darling Lulu... we will so miss our show and tell sessions...it will be an annual pilgramage at this stage, I think.
Just went for a long walk today - pondering what to paint next ..will go back to reflections as we live by the sea again.
Lilian, thanks... your version was so superb and so quick ( I am quite jealous of you - jajaja)
Sue, thanks ...how did your show go?
Deb - welcome - glad to have you join us here on wc - looking forward to seeing your art.
Ozone - thanks... may still one day get to do that cute reubens kid of yours..!
Aries, thanks, I love those eyes too
Thanks howyadoing!!!!!

gaykir
04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh Ruth! This really is very lovely! Nice finish.

Artchrispy
04-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Outstanding Ruth! This is exceptional. I'm really drawn to your treatment of her hands and her shirt. Nice way to suggest the city with muted value and detail. Fantastic! What size is it?

Ozone
04-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Rubens' son, oh I wish you would. I will not likely get around to finishing it in my life time... go for it!

Ozone

Margaret 59
05-01-2009, 12:47 AM
How beautiful Ruth!
I did have a look at the thread when it started but decided not to have a go - maybe another time. Just love her face and expression that you painted exceptionally well.

iliowasilema
05-01-2009, 03:42 AM
Beautiful!

JStoltz
05-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Truly amazing work. The fabric, the hair, and the way you captured her expression....exceptional. There is life in that gaze...you can almost sense her thinking.

Andun
05-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi Ruth! Congratulaions on your new house! You must be happy there because this painting was created by a person with a hapy mind! Stunning piece of work.Her hair is amazing!!!

AndyMcC
05-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Beautiful, the hair and dress are great :D

Pippa
05-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Beautiful work! I am particularly struck by the face.

arl
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Stunning work.

Charlie's Mum
05-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Oh! Beautiful Ruth! So glad you're painting again.
You handle skin so well but all of the painting is well done - truly lovely - and you captured that far-away look she has.

Congrats on the new home - hope it's very happy for you all.

OkeeKat
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
WOW This is Magnificent!!
Definately a masterful look to it.
Im in awe of how you did this one.. LOVE IT!!!!!!
Would have loved to see a WIP of yours.

C_Line
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
It's always a treat to see your work Ruth...it's good to see you painting again and I hope we get to see much more now that you're settled into your new home.

gaykir
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Ruth this is amazing! You've done such a lovely job of this child and I love your hollyhocks!

rmc
05-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Gayle, thanks- really enjoying seeing your children series!
Anthony, hiya my old friend - yes we are all very happy and settled!
Celeste, so nice to catch up again...have missed you!
Okeekat, thanks, once I've worked out again a coherent approach will do a WIP....a bit hit and miss at mo to get back into 'seeing'
I used a graisaille...would have helped if I had really focused on getting all the shapes correct at that stage (lesson number 1)...also my printer leaves a lot to be desired in terms of colour reproduction so had to paint from the computer to get closer warm / cool tones(maybe should get a professionally printed photo to work from ? lesson 2)
Maureen...now if only I had been a bit speedier like you !!!!:D
Arl, Pippa, Andy, iliowasilema, Jsholtz... thanks for your encouraging words
Margaret, do have a go - you will enjoy it....just take her slowly:D
Art Chrispy, I think the canvas is 75 x 50 cm.... I like big...aim to do a really big one next (well big for me at over 120 x 100 cm)
Ozone, we will have to see on rubens ...went searching for the child with no luck on the arc website

RPut
05-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Just stunning beautiful work Ruth.

Lulu
05-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Oh Ruth, she is just so beautiful!!! wow wow and wow!!! Do you think she would like a visit to the French Tart Cafe????lol::lol:
She is just divine!!!

Now, what ever are you working on that is so large?????

amaze_1101
05-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Hello Ruth :wave:
I LOVE bouguereau and did something quite similar a few years back. You have a great eye for this kind of thing. Lots of serenety and inocence. Gosh I have missed a lot lately. Where did you move to?

noodle1
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
All the accolades..spectacular, stunning, beautifully done and more belong to you and your painting. You have a wonderful hand and the master's touch.

Elaine

LavenderFrost
05-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Wonderful!

rmc
05-02-2009, 07:56 PM
This is such an exciting surprise... I am so delighted to see you again Elaine....have missed you and your wonderful paintings sooooo much!!!! How is OZ?...we have just moved back to our old street in Parnell...slipped back int all our old friendships... nothing compared to your new life.... tell me all!!!

Lulu.... how about we meet up at pasta Italia just down from Le Chalet Chevron where you stayed when i first met you..... have had to change my allegiances...jajajaja... this is our new haunt ...jajaja

Thanks a mil Elaine tooo..... there must be something about this name and awesome talent... I will come to you for help soon as two of my next paintings involve clouds ++++

Thanks Ruth and MIchelle - lovely to see you both.

Chia
05-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Add my kudos to the chorus! An absolute pleasure to view. So glad you're back painting. I look forward to seeing more!