PDA

View Full Version : Sold my first beads today

BAM
08-20-2002, 09:19 PM
Yipee!! :clap:

My neighbor needed some beads for a necklace and she wound up buying five of my beads. What a good feeling. Funny how she picked out one of my less favorite beads as her focal bead. Any way, I'm quite pleased.
Betty :clap:

!ngridh
08-20-2002, 09:22 PM
valuable lesson...we don't have the same tastes and what we loathe someone else will love...the jury is still out...I shipped my lime and sage beads to mona today... She says she likes them...I personally couldn't have found an ocean deep enough to toss them in! But then Mona is such a sweety! Hey mona I sent you a bunch of bead and buttons too!

Mike E etc
08-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Good job Betty!

Lenda
08-20-2002, 09:36 PM
Way to go Betty, now go buy some more glass, girl...LOL

Lenda:D

Mori
08-20-2002, 10:34 PM
WoooHooo Betty! That's great! That must have felt so good!
Congrats!:clap: :clap:

~Mori

JodiPrice
08-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Congrats Betty!!
It felt so good the first time someone bought my beads! Like I was a real artist or something! LOL!

I know what you mean about the difference in tastes everyone has. My husband and I always have a little bet each week on my Ebay auctions. We try to guess which one will go for the highest! I don't think I have ever won! I sware the ones that I love the most are the ones that will only get a few bids...go figure???
You neva, neva know! :)

Tink
08-20-2002, 11:54 PM
Feels great, but odd in a way, to make that first sale.

Congrats! May you have many, many, MANY more!!!

Wooooohoooooo!
:clap:

annabella2
08-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Congrats, Betty! Doesn't it feel good??
What the others are telling you is true-
other people's tastes are not always the
same as the artist's.
Now, get out there
and sell, girl!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

koregon
08-21-2002, 12:02 AM
Good for you~! bet that felt good...I remember how that felt...the cool thing is that there are so many types of beads and taste out there, you can sell everything you make!...one of the most amazing things is...what you will find to be your favorites and the beads your most happy with and proud of...most of the time go for less than all the ones you probably wont ever try and duplicate.

Congrats! and keep up the good work..you will be hooked now.

Kaye ~koregon
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/koregon

meesh
08-21-2002, 12:07 AM
it never fails. everytime someone comes in my studio. they always go for the beads that i like least!!! funny how that works...

so cool you sold some beads. now she will wear her necklace and someone will ask her where she got those super duper beads. then they will buy beads. then someone will ask them..... and you are making beads, beads, beads!!!! way to go!!!

Ivyleaf
08-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Way cool, that is so exciting! Congrats! May it be the first of many!

:) :) :)
Ivy

BAM
08-21-2002, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone. Yes, hopefully this will lead to more sales.
Betty

cankeep
08-21-2002, 08:28 AM
Isn't it great when someone actually wants to spend $$ for our beads?? I still can't believe it sometimes! Something that's so much fun to do AND we can get paid for it:D That first sale is such a high! Savor the feeling...it's addictive! :p
I've learned that I can never predict what people are going to like. Often my favorite sets sit with hardly a bid and the ones that I look at and wonder "what on earth I was thinking??" are the ones that attract the most bids! Go figure! Shows that I'm not a good judge of taste!

Congrats on the sale!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lezlie

MarySarah
08-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Congratulations, Betty! That is a milestone, for sure. And here just a couple of months ago, you were saying that your beads weren't 'good enough' -- look how far you've come!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mary

macbeth7
08-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Congratulations, Betty! :clap:

Beth

mistymade
08-21-2002, 09:37 PM
WooHoo Betty! Congrats!:D
Misty:D

flamewerks
08-21-2002, 10:18 PM