PDA

View Full Version : The Gathering Pair

Sherry Pettey
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Acrylic on 8 x 10 canvas panel.

Sherry

gaykir
04-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I love your palette. I love your work! I Think you could paint an old rubber tire and it would be beautiful.

dances_with_oils
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Sherry:

I really love this painting. I'm a blues and purple type of gal and I tend to be drawn to these colours. I really enjoy staring at your sky, it feels fresh.

I also love subjects of women gathering. I used to go with my gran to gather low and high bush cranberries and blueberries. My gran always took her .308 just in case a grizzly didn't want to share the berries.

Beautiful painting.

OkeeKat
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
wow this is beautiful.. Gorgeous colors!!!

RPut
04-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Really Beautiful!

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Gayle: Thank you! I lean towards more of the purple hues because those kind of colors seem to hold emotion over the others. Your reading Eve is a beautiful painting...I love those innocent portraits of kids. But, if it were true that I could make a rubber tire look beautiful, I would be successful at applying make-up!

Dances with Oils: Where in the world do you guys live? Hahaha...bear with me as I ask you that...Back to the painting...as I mentioned to Gayle, I lean towards the more moodier colors, but I don't intend on a "depressed" painting...I am a sky watcher...love drama of thunderstorms...the dusky dark blues and purples scream for attention then. But, in a peaceful scene like this, they sing in tune to each other about a place where nothing is rushed and hands are busy, and hearts are at peace.

Kathie: Thank U many times over...(a mind is a terrible thing to lose...hope you find it...LOL)! I really was drawn to your beautiful hummingbird painting...absolutely gorgeous...your fruit study...your planes were interesting too.

I'm originally from SD, O Rput~And, thank U for your comment...it looks like you are a pro with landscapes...I'm keep coming back to wanting to paint some more of them and maybe I will soon...appreciate the encouragement.

Sherry

Lulu
04-28-2009, 01:41 AM
wonderful impressionistic style and I love the palette too!

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Thank U, To Who? Ms. Lu-lu, that's who! I bet my purple that your eyes are blue-hooo! Never ever stay up late and answer toooo...posts are bad at twelve O Two....hahahahaha....oh...and thank U again!

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Look kids...I got another gold star just for my poem....

Sherry

Lulu
04-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Thank U, To Who? Ms. Lu-lu, that's who! I bet my purple that your eyes are blue-hooo! Never ever stay up late and answer toooo...posts are bad at twelve O Two....hahahahaha....oh...and thank U again!

Sherry

:lol: :lol:
add green to the mix then you'd be spot on!:D

Andun
04-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Wow...what a dramatic sky!!! Love the color choices you have made! High impact piece!!!

arl
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Beautiful colours and work.

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Lu-LU...thanks for having a great sense of humor...green they be...but I'm going to keep my purple...you ain't gettin' it!

Anthony...thank you...just for you, I'm posting my tornado pictures...here...because I want to be a storm chaser but I'm too chicken.

Thank you Arl...sky is always a masterpiece of art...I just pigment the canvas to imitate it...can't even come close!

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Here's cloud drama for you: Some experimental painting with sky.

Sherry

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Here are some more study paintings of atmospheric affect.

Sherry

Faded
04-28-2009, 04:07 PM
What a beautiful piece, and all your other work is terrific too!
-David

Sherry Pettey
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank U, David...I appreciate you liking the work...an artist can never go wrong by studying the sky...a new lesson every day.

Sherry

nurciuoli
04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
You do such wonderful work with such a gorgeous color palette. Wonderful creative vision!

LavenderFrost
04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Wonderful!

Sherry Pettey
04-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Nancie: Sometimes a person needs verification about where they are at as an artist...to be told that I have "vision" is one of the highest compliments to receive...I hope to achieve beyond my own boundaries of experience.

I really enjoy the way you handle your colors, Lavender...(that's a pretty color too)! Your still life paintings look good enough to eat...and I'm not even hungry!

Sherry

Andun
04-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Hot Dang!!!!!!! You really know how to add atmosphere girl!!!:) Thanks so much for posting them for me!!

Painter Nan
04-29-2009, 06:56 AM
love your colors, I am new to acrylics and drawn to it because I am wanting more bright colors.
would you share what you used for us learning?

Sherry Pettey
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL! Daaaaaaaaaang, Anthony, You'se most welcome!

Nan: I'm surprised for someone to ask about acrylic instruction...but, I will tell you what helped me: Study seasoned professionals at their best...invest in better grade paint and practice using examples of work. Set up things to paint from. Do plein air paintings. Have people pose for sketches, and try to paint from your sketches. Explore color interaction without fear. Do monochromatic study. Make your neighbor buy your art...don't wait for an art gallery to "discover" you...most can't even support the established artists. Paint from your soul, not for the dollar, because people can detect fraud. Most important thing that you can do when you want to really learn something...ask God to open your mind and heart...insulate yourself in His Will...there is no end to the possibilities that will open up for you.

Sherry