GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Minnehaha Falls
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9 X 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi All, <br><br> This is soon to be gift for a friend moving from Minnesota.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please give me your C & C as appreciate a fresh set of eyes

tgsloth
04-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I think this is really interesting. I like the muted palette and dignified treatment of the water. If you mean it to be realistic, you need more action, more asymmetry but as a stylization of a waterfall, it's most creative.

wdame
04-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks. I was hoping you would take a minute to comment. I enjoy your comments and enjoy your insight. I do not paint with the intent to create realism but maintain a tighter style. Thanks again

yarddog
04-27-2009, 02:27 AM
I think it's beautiful.....love the rocks......yd

AlliKat
04-27-2009, 05:49 AM
You have shown the powerfulness of the water moving over the fall beautifully. I too love those rocks.

Your friend is in for a treat.

Ladyred
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
This is a good painitng. I would suggest some darkness to your water as it falls down and some in the splash to show the waters first movement after hitting. This is IMO, lol. Very Nice.

Corby
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
The painting has a static feel to it, which if I understand you right is desired. I think it works with such a stylistic approach with everything but the waterfall...try as I might I cannot get away from the image of a wet sheet or bedspread hanging over the edge. Some slight differences in opacity would not I think, hinder the stillness you are projecting and might make it more believable as water...?

wdame
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I have taken your advice and with a few modifications, I am calling this one done.

Thanks again.