PDA

View Full Version : Salute

tlmarchi
04-26-2009, 03:52 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2009/171496_IMG_2299_salute_800.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-26-2009/171496_IMG_2290_800_side.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Salute
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 6x6
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the smallest painting I've done in a very long time, and I definately need to invest in stronger glasses! I did this for a good friend who makes me laugh. I've always had trouble with whites, so I don't know why I chose the eagles head to paint, other than it seemed appropriate considering personal circumstances of the friendship.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any and all comments are welcome. Thank you!

Camobob
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Looks like an Eagle to me..

Remember: there is Beauty in imperfection..

I like it.. keep on Painting..

yarddog
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
boy....great minds think alike.....I have an eagle face on the easel right now.....
after seeing this tho.....I'll probably just gesso over it.....
next to this it would probably look like a buzzard...hahaha.....great job.....yd

tlmarchi
04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Camobob, Thanks, but it was suppose to be a buzzard! Teasing...:). I appreciate your comment.

yarddog, Don't you dare gesso over it. I've seen your work, and it's very good, and besides I wanna' see it! Glad you liked mine! Thank you!

bingibongi
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Very good.

I especially like the way you have continued the eagle over to the side of the canvas - it just adds that bit more to the overall impression.

Dont see any problems with the whites at all.

tgsloth
04-26-2009, 10:53 PM
It's weird. The eyes and beak seem wonderfully handled but I can't shake the feeling that the depiction is a little flat. Perhaps a wiser critic can delve into. It's at least a good painting- I'd like to figure what could make it great. I personally find showing the canvas weave distracting but a lot of folks like it so that's more a matter of choice.

mooz49
04-27-2009, 03:44 AM
What a proud and handsome chap you have painted here Lavon!:thumbsup:
You are lucky to have a good friend who makes you laugh and your friend is lucky to be getting such a beautiful painting .....

tlmarchi
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
bingibongi, Thank you!!

tgsloth, I did a bit more shading to get rid of the 'flat' look you noticed. Vague, but I think it helped. Thanks for your comment!

mooz49, Thank you for the thumbs up!!