PDA

View Full Version : Painting Exchange

CM Neidhofer
04-25-2009, 01:38 AM
I know this idea was tossed around before and dropped. But I found something that might work here. I found an Artist Trading Card Project on another site. I know ATC's are usually very small. But could work for larger paintings as well. Submit paintings by email. I would be happy to take this project on if anyone's interested. I would assign a number to each participant. Randomly draw numbers to pair up the sender/receivers. Then I would post the images labeled with the senders/receivers names. Senders/receivers then PM each other with addressess and send off their paintings. Any odds that didn't pair up I could carry over for another drawing. Very random, anyone can participate. If I've missed anything, please let me know, but seems pretty simple. Anyone interested if Mods approve?

Christine

bwjnsn
04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
How often, monthly? What about a size restriction? Would someone not feel good about submitting a 12x16 and getting back a 4x6? And how to ship? If there was a standard size you could reuse the shipping materials.
I think it is a GREAT IDEA! I would love to have some WC friends' work hanging on my walls, of all ability levels from beginner to more advanced. To see first hand the struggles and triumps would be a treasure.
Brett

CM Neidhofer
04-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi Brett,

I'm still thinking this through. I think a size limit is in order. I know ATC's are about business card size. Small for me! But I'm thinking maybe 5 x 7 might be a good size and not too expensive to mail out. I'm also thinking two weeks to submit a piece for exchange and then the time to mail them out. When everyone has recieved their piece in the mail, we can go ahead and do another drawing with a two week submission period? I'd like more input from anyone interested. I have permission to do this, but let's keep everything as simple and friendly as possible!! Thanks.

Christine