PDA

View Full Version : this is my first painting

GORD HUGGETT
04-24-2009, 11:05 PM
please forgive my spelling

i call this painting - ends of the earth

please give your comments

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2009/185654-ends_of_the_earth_small.jpg

OkeeKat
04-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello Gord, welcome to our little corner of Wet Canvas!
This is very interesting, almost an abstract look to this one.. Would love to see more of your artwork, what size is this and on canvas or paper?
Alot of great people here to give you alot of suggestions or tips if you have any questions. Hope your enjoying Acrylic!!
Keep up the good work!!

GORD HUGGETT
04-24-2009, 11:18 PM
sorry it is 12 x 10 on canvas

Danimal316
04-24-2009, 11:20 PM
The colors are very good, I can almost feel an energy coming from this one. Keep up the good work!

tonyjazz
04-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Gord. Your english is fine. Posting as much information as you can helps out with comments. If you want critiques also you can ask for them by finishing your post with " C & C's welcome ".

This painting has a very loose and abstract look to it. Lots of motion and color.

Look forward to seeing more of your artworks,............Tony

purplepansey
04-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I like the name and the abstract look of it. Welcome to Wet Canvas where you'll meet a lot of very good artists who can help a lot.

arl
04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I like the vibrant colours and movement. Welcome to wetcanvas.

Linee
04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
I like the composition, movement and color.

cadub
04-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Nice colours and energy!!

noodle1
04-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi and a Welcome from me as well.

I'm looking at it and I'm seeing hills below, water above, vegetation in the middle along with the energy/power that spreads it to the ends of the earth and thinking before the flood kind of thing..haha However right or wrong the best part is that it had me thinking about what I was seeing and I'd say that's a definite "good going" to you. Hope to see more of your work, I do as well like the energy, very cool!

Elaine

*Violet*
04-25-2009, 04:47 PM
hi gord !! ... you've received some wonderful comments and compliments here ... they reflect my feelings about your painting too !! ... didn't i tell you you'd get loads of encouragement here? ...

thanks everyone for making gord's first painting on wetcanvas a very positive thing ... gord is a friend of mine that i've been encouraging to explore his inner creativity ... i think he's pretty inspired now to do some more !! ... :)

vensunn
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Welcome to the finest art blog on the internet!!
I really like the movement/energy in this painting and the most colorful palette!
Keep painting. Keep posting. Enjoy your creativity and all the good critiques that you will receive here.
Steven

Mary Brigid
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Gord,
Welcome to WC, and what a delightful painting you have presented us with. I love the colours, and like everyone else the energy in your painting is wonderful. I will be watching out for more of your work. Happy Painting
Mary Brigid