PDA

View Full Version : Cherry on Top

bairam
04-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I've not done much acrylic painting and so in order to get familar with them, I'm going to do a series of fun paintings
called "Yummies". Here's the first.

Acrylic on 11 x 14 Stretched Canvan.

OkeeKat
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi Maria!!
This looks so yummy!!

tonyjazz
04-25-2009, 12:37 AM
That is yummy Maria! Great colors and BG. The cherry seems to float, if that was your goal, it looks great. Tempted to grab it by the stem....... :) TJ

bairam
04-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Thank you Kathie and Tony for responding to my first "yummie".

You're right Tony, I also thought that it looked like it was floating. I think I'll just flatten the bottom of the cherry a bit and tie in the shadow a little more.

I will have to go with my camera to the bakery to take pictures of all those yummies they have, also the ice cream store. I may be putting on a few more pounds.
LOL

susme48
04-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Ok...now you made me hungry!! :lol: Looks good!

Andun
04-25-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm getting a sugar wanna:) Very cool painting Maria!

laudesan
04-25-2009, 07:36 AM
I don't like cherries, but that looks so yum!!!!!

purplepansey
04-25-2009, 08:37 AM
It looks yummy to me, I love cherries.

arl
04-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Yummy looking. The cherry floats so if it was not your intention, you might try a cast shadow under it.

LavenderFrost
04-25-2009, 11:41 AM
"Yummies" sounds like great topic! This one looks really good. If you bring the icing up in front of the bottom of the cherry it would look more sunken in.

objectivistartist
04-25-2009, 01:27 PM
looks like the kind of stuff Jelaine Faunce does, tho her's are more detailed......

bairam
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Thank you all, Susan, Anthony, JJ, Purple, Arlene, Lavender and Robert.

I'm glad it brought a smile and reaction to you all. Funny thing is that this one post has gotten more responses than any of my serious works. I guess that says something and I'll try and figure that out.

Fixed the way the cherry sits on top and it looks much better now.

Robert, I took a look at Jelaine web page and must say, she does some wonderful work. Nothing like this piece.
The was done strickly for fun, although I am giving it to my GD for her wedding shower. She loves cupcakes.

Again thanks everyone.

objectivistartist
04-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Yes, they're not there - but if ye click the 'see more', some of her sweets ones are seen here - http://www.brushspace.com/artist-profile/Gallery.aspx?artist=Jelaine-Faunce1 she was speaking in her emails of gaining weight with getting all those delicious stuff from the bakery to render, tho she managed to avoid them later on [guess she had someone else indulge - :lol:] ...

[and yes, tho they're in oils, they can be done as well in acrylics as there's a formula to them if ye enlarge a few and study [not know where, or if, she kept the WIPs of them, and I didn't bother at the time, unfortunately]]...