PDA

View Full Version : contiguous acres

megtr
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2009/175434_RIchard_1_Contiguous_Acres.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: contiguous acres
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 30 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a watercolor and ink painting. The message is important to this piece - preserving contiguous acres of woodland for migratory songbirds. I am trying to convey a sence of fragility and hope.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments are welcome.

tgsloth
04-24-2009, 08:47 PM
The wash colors in the bare trees are fantastic. What bothers me is the seating of the trees into the snow?

benefactor
04-25-2009, 01:14 AM
I like this a lot.

billmahler
04-25-2009, 02:37 AM
If I scroll my browser to the right, so that only the objects on the viewer's left are visible, I have an attractive painting.
When I look at it as it is, the large objects in the center and on the right, are overwhelming the composition and there is no focus.
An impassioned purpose is a good reason to begin a painting, and your purpose merits as many tries as it takes to produce paintings beautiful enough to convey your passion to the rest of the world.
Keep going!

mooz49
04-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Hi Meg! I love your tree paintings and this one is delicate and beautiful. I can see 2 birds discretely placed ....are there any more?

TinaC
04-25-2009, 05:26 AM
My first reaction to this was wow, I like. Its clever in its simplicity and you have definately conveyed the fragility. Very lovely work.

megtr
04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm not totally happy with this painting and I think it needs a little more work. I appreciate the suggestions.

Sam_I_Am
04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm also not sure about the seating of the trees. I feel like there's no sense of solidarity to it as a whole. However, your technique and treatment of the trees are stunning. I'm envious of your watercolor technique :)

cbcarnell
04-30-2009, 12:17 AM
The strong diagonal placement of the two groups of trees on the right are not working completely for me, but the colors, the beautifully painted transparent birds and the flecks of transparent watercolor are magnificent.

yarddog
04-30-2009, 02:03 AM
what a wonderful technique this is......and so well executed......
and the bare tree branches are so delicate......so fragile......yd

La_
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
very lovely

i wonder if putting shadows of the branches in the foreground would be a good idea?

just a thought

love the warmth coming from behind the trees

la

megtr
04-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Thank you all. As suggested by several of you and a friend of mine here I am planning to crop this painting on the right side. I agree - I think it will work better. Thanks so much! :)