PDA

View Full Version : Click if you dare: Monsters and Robots: FINALE

tgsloth
04-24-2009, 07:48 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2009/124239_Witch_Actual.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2009/124239_Black_Lagoon_Actual.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Click if you dare: Monsters and Robots: FINALE
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 2 1/8 x 3 1/4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:

I’m Melting

Great Dialog! After saying, “I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!", The Wicked Witch of the West goes on to say, "You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world, what a world! Who would've thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? I'm gone! I'm gone! I'm going!" And this lets the Good Witch of North tell Dorothy that she’s saved. “Toto too?”, Dorothy asks. “Toto too!” Hey, there’s no place like home.

Another girl crazy creature

The Creature from the Black Lagoon was a classic 50’s horror film with a familiar plot (creature is discovered, kidnaps beautiful girl, is defeated by boyfriend). Does come back for two sequels though. The six foot, five inch tall actor, Ben Chapman, played the creature in the usual rubber suit. He was an amiable, decorated Korean War veteran who spent the rest of his life appearing as the Creature at different events, signing autographs, selling memorabilia etc. He died in 2008 at age 79.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Take your last shot! The series of 50 be done!

mooz49
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Bob ....this is not the end surely ..... :crying: .....what are we going to do without your scary monsters now? :(
The Creature from the Black Lagoon has got scary hands but he is kinda cute ....I might well dream about him tonight .....:cool:

tgsloth
04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
He's a cool monster. He digs chicks and he has...a waterbed.

TinaC
04-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I have seen bits of this series as its developed and it seems to have been a real labour of love. Well done for seeing it through, not just the paintings but watching the films and adding all the comments. The Wicked Witch of the North is my earliest memory of being scared witless as a child, and I can still summon a shudder looking at your painting. Best of luck with the project, you deserve much success.

mooz49
04-24-2009, 12:03 PM
He's a cool monster. He digs chicks and he has...a waterbed...... a waterbed you say ...... mmmmmmm sounds like fun! :cool:

Ronni
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Your talent, humor and knowlege showed so well in this series, I wish it wasn't final. I hope this direction of yours will be developed further in other series.

Spyderbabe
04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Great witch - looks just like her... but is a witch really a monster? ;-)
Be on the look out -- they are Coming to an art o mart near you!

Corby
04-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Before the daze of digitized drama...it is interesting how they filmed the melting scene...these have been fun Bob, what next?

Goblins and griffins and grizzlies oh my!....

varna
04-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Bravo! This was so much fun! I'm pretty sure you 'll have to get back to work soon! Now if I see an artomat I sure hope I get the Oz witch!!And on that 2nd guy well....I'm with Mooz waterbed eh?.....Do you know where this artomats are?Any near Montreal?

yarddog
04-24-2009, 08:28 PM
waaaaaaa.....box empty......http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2009/182771-dramaqueensmil.gif
now I'll have to go to the sci-fi forum for my bedtime stories......
I have truly enjoyed all these fun monsters......
I've not been so bummed since they quit making Stargates....http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2009/182771-sinking.gif
why stop......there are so many more........wanna take requests.....hahaha....ydhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Apr-2009/182771-cacklesmiley.gif

tgsloth
04-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I hate to say this, Varna, because you can gauge the interest and accomplishments in fine arts by Canadians just from this forum. But Artomat has only one machine in Canada. It's Sherbrooke, a place called Madame Pickwick.

varna
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Well... not bad because it's about 2hrs drive I'll check it out!!!

allanom
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Thank-you, thank-you for this wild and wooly and fun ride! I LOVED all the little paragraph discriptors you posted with each. And I certainly came up with some faves. Good for you for your consistent and energetic pursuit of the series. And good luck with them when they're placed in the machines. Please keep us apprised of your (undoubted) success with them.

cbcarnell
04-25-2009, 12:42 AM
:( Please don't tell me this is the end of these wonderful little gems! i would love to see a collage of all of them together! Will sure miss this great series of yours Bob.

MRSBB
04-25-2009, 10:33 AM
TG, this was a fun series, even if I don't like monsters. These last two are fun, but don't think I want to go swimming again. Looking forward to your next adventure...........Lenore

Spyderbabe
04-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I LOVED all the little paragraph discriptors you posted with each.

Me too! Can you print each of these and tape them to the back of the art?