PDA

View Full Version : Click if you dare: Monsters and Robots: 43-45

tgsloth
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-22-2009/124239_Halloween_Actual.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-22-2009/124239_Cookie_Monster_Actual.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-22-2009/124239_Alien_Actual.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Click if you dare: Monsters and Robots: 43-45
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 2 1/8 x 3 1/4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:

The night HE came home

Ah, “Halloween”. The financial and critical success of this 1978 icon launched the directorial career of John Capenter and the semi movie stardom of Jamie Lee Curtis. It gave rise to 9 sequels with a certain diminution of quality towards the end. And dozens of other slasher films are pale copies. Michael Murphy, the monster, wears a bland white mask. The director’s concept was to contrast violent evil with a rather featureless face, inspired by the mien of William Shattner (cool trivia point).

An Inside Job

Did you think a monster art series could be considered comprehensive without the inclusion of The Cookie Monster? I didn’t think so.
He looks harmless enough with his 70’s style blue shag carpet pelt but consider: cholesterol, diabetes, crumbs all over house, and the need to replace one’s wardrobe with roomier garments and you’ll see why he deserves the appellation, “monster.”

Scariest movie ever?

Well, it’s gotta be at least in the top five. “Alien” was more than a great horror movie- it was a great , Oscar winning movie with a fine cast, an amazing look, wonderful special effects and a powerful story. It had one fine sequel (“Aliens”), then two poor ones and ended up in the trash of “Alien vs Predator”. Today, the monster would probably be done digitally but in 1979, it was, a guy in a rubber suit. The actor was Bolaji Badejo, a 7 foot, 2 inch tall Nigerian design student discovered in a bar. Really.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just five to go

Corby
04-22-2009, 11:26 AM
great trio tgsloth! The only book I ever read that literally made the hair on my neck stand up...ALIEN

allanom
04-22-2009, 11:30 AM
On the home stretch, eh?!

And a fine trio here -- love it that you added Cookie Monster --> fabulous, fun twist...:O))

varna
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
I love the cookie monster!!!! The 3 are great the 3rd is the scariest though!!!!

yarddog
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
you're painting too fast....they'll be done too soon.....
then what will I do for my bedtime stories.......................ydhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Apr-2009/182771-mikemyersf.gif

MRSBB
04-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow, almost there TG. Can't wait to see how this venture goes. The first one reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock, I love the Cookie Monster. That 3rd one just scares me, I hope I don't have nightmares. It would be fun to see all 50 of them together. Lenore

mosteller2889
04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
there are 3 movies that gave me horrible nightmares when I was little.They were alien, my bloody valentine, and some movie about a haunted house where the glass and mirrors caused people to cut there self and a part where the window slams shut and chops a boys head...anyway you get the picture.
these heros are an important part of peoples lives ....or the last important part of there lives.....
Have you done one with good ole Norm with the house in the background and a silhouette of mother in the window.....
or the silhouette of norm wearing his mothers clothes and the only thing shinning in the light is the knife....I guess I should have asked if your up for suggestions

tgsloth
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I hadn't thought of doing Norman. I suppose a reason not to do him is that he doesn't have monstrous features but posing him (for example) in front of the house would work. Anyway, if my nefarious plot succeeds, I'll have to be doing a lot more of these so I can get to Mr. Bates.