PDA

View Full Version : Cute Li'l Bridge

tgsloth
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-21-2009/124239_Footbridge.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cute Li'l Bridge
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was plein air/ brain air in that I painted it all outside and the bridge was there together with the dry creek bed moving towards the viewer. A couple of shrubs were there but the rest was all made up as there were winery buildings behind. Yes, we make wine in Texas. "Texas Wine" has all the cachet of "Japanese Stand up Comic". But the grounds are nice and I find that the longer passers by have been doing the tasting thing, the more they like my painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm concerned that this painting is too...girlie and will foul up my reputation with my former rugby teammates. I'm considering adding a snarling wolverine or beer truck to the scene. What do you think?

brushoff
04-21-2009, 01:21 PM
A Longhorn standin' on the bridge could do it.

Spyderbabe
04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
maybe just the horns mounted on the bridge?
I like it all - I dont see it as girly - but what are the white cotton balls under the bridge? tumbleweed?

tgsloth
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
They're limestone bolders. As I only had a palette knife, I was not able to drag their shapes into more credibility (could also be a lack of skill). I felt like I needed the painting to dry some and then do some corrections as guided by my eye the comments of forum members.

Corby
04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I like the pale lime green...perhaps just a touch of it somewhere on the left?