PDA

View Full Version : Websites and Blogs

Nilesh
04-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Is there anyone out there who has found a good approach to having an artist's website or blog without monthly or yearly fees?

halthepainter
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Go to Blogspot.com. Blogs are free there.

ImageKind.com and other commerical sellers of an artist's art offer web sites to their members without a fee.

gaykir
04-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I also use "blogspot.com" - It easy & free.

susme48
04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I use blogger.com which is google's blog site...it is free also. Now if I could just get myself to blog on a regular basis, someone might read it...sigh.

I pay for webhostinig, but that is because I have so many sites (7) with somewhere near 300 pages. When I first started doing websites, in 1998, if you wanted alot of space for graphics, animations, or pics you almost had to pay for it...or have a dozen or more of the free servers. I have been trying to trim some of them down....sort of....:o but they are like old friends now. And when I go to move or change one....someone is bound to ask where it went. I have a few people who go now and then.

vhere
04-20-2009, 05:51 PM
blogger as the others have said for my blog

and site kreator have some free websites and are really helpful - I don't think they are expensive if you go for the paid option and the templates are easy to use with no ads to spoil the site

geocities is free but has ads

howyadoin
04-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I didn't know anybody was charging fees to host blogs. How do they compete with the free services (i.e., almost all of them)?

Lady Carol
04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a blogspot.com account and webs.com site. Both are free. The last 2 links in my sig line are the free sites.

Nilesh
04-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Any others are also welcomed.

Derek-C-Wicks
04-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I use blogger and Worpress installed on my site to do my blog. Wordpress is the best, but you need a site to have it installed. Feel free to have a look on my website blog to get an idea. wildlife art blog (http://derekwicks.com/blogs).

~~Kathleen
04-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Had you not considered Googling "Free Blog sites"
There are a gazillion good ones out there.
That is how I found mine.
~~Kathleen

Nilesh
04-21-2009, 03:17 PM
I use blogger and Wordpress installed on my site to do my blog. Wordpress is the best, but you need a site to have it installed. Feel free to have a look on my website blog to get an idea. wildlife art blog (http://derekwicks.com/blogs).
Great drawings -- thank you for that link. Some people seem to like Wordpress quite a bit. What is it that distinguishes it? Are there certain features or looks or possibilities that are especially good?

Bright Eyes
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Myspace is nice too. There is a place for blogs on there. And its easy to network.

nithya_swamy
04-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Sign up with blogger, i.e blogspot.com. If you are serious about Art blogging, I'd suggest taking a look at http://makingamark.blogspot.com, a terrific art blog thats hugely popular, and you'll find everything related to art blogging there.