PDA

View Full Version : new paper

gingersnap
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
hello,
i am a beginner. i am trying some different paper. i have used canson in the past. i am trying as color-fix. last night i got very discouraged. i am assuming there is a learning curve regard different textured papers/boards. did you know you liked one surface more than another right away???

it appears i can scrub this paper more and it takes more layers.... i have checked out the new paper thread. perhaps it is just practice and the pastels i have.

thank you , ginger

NRC
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for starting this Shelley. What kind of pastels are you using?
If it's the texture that is bothering you (too much of a change?), Donna A posted this in another thread And---by the way, if you love the texture of the LaCarte---very fine---but you don't want to have to be careful of damaging it with a sneeze (I did!---ugh!) or otherwise having it get wet by rain, etc. you can sand down the Colourfix a little or a little more and get the very same texture as LaCarte---but you can get it wet with washes, etc!!!

gingersnap
04-20-2009, 01:26 PM
charlie and nell have helped me realize my frustration. it was the texture and the initial stages to appyling pastel to the paper in the underpainting. thanks to both of you for the help!!! appreciate the generosity. ginger