PDA

View Full Version : A New Season.

MelindaEnglebrecht
04-18-2009, 01:00 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-18-2009/185713_finished_tree_painting.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: A New Season.
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 4feetx2feet (approx)
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the first piece I have done in years. It is symbolic of my current relationship. Pastels over Acrylic.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This is a new style for me that came to me after a very hard time in my life (so this is all new), the style color use etc... I put it in the acrylic forum and have had good reviews but I am looking for insite on how to improve and move forward. I am currently working on a 2nd piece that is very the same style as this piece. I am no longer a technical painter (was never very good in that area anyway) I am aiming to display emotion and the movement of life. I am trying to grow.

LynnDigby
04-18-2009, 03:29 PM
There is a lot of joy here. I like the way the tree fractures the negative space. I'm kind of wishing that sun wasn't so....well...there. I think the rest of this is very enjoyable!

MelindaEnglebrecht
04-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah I get that... I was playing with the idea of a little far off sun and complete, but I thought for symbolic purposes the sun should represent the hope for the future? Thanks.

Ronni
04-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Very charming to me. I feel the happiness of loving nature.

tgsloth
04-19-2009, 08:24 AM
I figured this would be a Ronni painting. I also like it, great scale and particularly interesting colors in the "sky" on the top half.

MelindaEnglebrecht
04-19-2009, 01:57 PM
The more I look at the sun the more I think Lynn is spot on regarding the sun. I am going to post my work in progress (in the work in progress forum). More movement in the current work. Thanks again for your opinions.
Thanks Lynn!! Again.

cbcarnell
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I really like that this painting evokes feelings of hope and a love of life. Nice job!

mooz49
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Mel and welcome to Wetcanvas. What a beautiful tree ....it reminds me on one of Ejtupi's trees .....I think I see at least 2 boobs on it! :D
I hope life gets better and better for you from now on! :thumbsup: