PDA

View Full Version : First post - Digital Painting WIP

whisperelmwood
04-17-2009, 05:44 PM
x-posted in the Figure section, also.

Been working on this one today. I decided to discard the 'lines' and simply digitally paint her instead.

I'm using Photoshop CS3, Bamboo Tablet and so many layers I lost count. Also, many brushes.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Apr-2009/85984-ToshikoWIP3.jpg

It's a bit of a mess at the moment, but I think she's getting there ^^

Uhm, didn't really time myself, but I think that's about three hours in painting so far.

Original size is 1200pxls by 2160pxls

---

Ah - here's a screencap close up.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Apr-2009/85984-ToshikoWIP4.jpg

c.c

H

amiebear
04-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Looking good to me :) looking forward to the finish.

Bytemebabs
04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
I think she is super!!!!!!! I too use so many layers that I finally am forced to try to merge them. That is hard if you have parts painted behind and in front of the the focal image. To me ... it "equates to" real painting by laying down layer by layer of paint but obviously more easy doing digital than real painting. I have never had a leason in painting period so I learn so much by belonging to this forum.
I also am realizing that Photoshop is a super software so wish I could afford it.

whisperelmwood
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I too use so many layers that I finally am forced to try to merge them. That is hard if you have parts painted behind and in front of the the focal image. ... I also am realizing that Photoshop is a super software so wish I could afford it.

I think that's the beauty of PSCS actually - with this particular image, I have seperated out each section of the girl - 'make-up', 'hair', 'ear and neck-line', 'skin', 'dress' and so on - and they are all in seperate folders. Each of the folders, then has all the seperate layers used to colour each of those segments.

Sounds complicated on paper, but when actually doing it, it makes it so much easier XD

The only reason I could afford it, actually, was because of a loan to set up my own Freelance Art business. The business has gone under, but I fortunately, still have the programs!

I would say, if you ever CAN get your hands on it, do so!