PDA

View Full Version : Cactus Harvest

MRSBB
04-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone. It's been ages since I posted here. Kind of lost my muse for months on end. This is the fruit of the Prickly Pear Cactus which grows everywhere in Arizona.

The color should be more of a red wine color, but couldn't quite get there with these new "opens", just a sample set.

It is 5 x 7 on canvas. I would appreciate all C/C. Thanks Lenore

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Apr-2009/114956-CACTUS_HARVEST.jpg

La Paz
04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I think that it is lovely Lenore. The only suggestion that I have is that the fruit is too centered. If you could pull a few off to one side, it would make a stronger composition. Keep painting... the movement and painting style is excellent.

noodle1
04-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Know about the off center concept but sometimes, well just my thought, I like the way it pulls you straight back, so centered in this instance seems to work nicely.
I like it very much!

Elaine

susme48
04-17-2009, 11:16 PM
I really like this too!!

MRSBB
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Thank you Barbara, Elaine and Susan for the comments. Do you think the background should be lighter? I'm debating that one. Thanks, Lenore

*dee*
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I think the background is light enough...perfect in fact! :thumbsup:

It may be the photo, but there doesn't seen to be enough highlights in the cluster of blossoms though. A bit of highlight here & there to better define the individual blossoms should give it more dimension and really make it pop! Again, it could be that those highlights are there & they just didn't photo well.

And I really love the colors you used in this!

LavenderFrost
04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree with Dee about the highlights, but otherwise this is very nice and

MRSBB
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Dee and LavenderFrost. I will look at it again and address the highlights. Keep having fun.............Lenore