PDA

View Full Version : Scan pastels

alex_diaz
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi there, I have just posted some of my drawings in my website and took the images to show from my cammera which is accurate and show the details and stuff, but I was just wondering if any of you use a scan to actually really show the whole image because myself due to the fear to ruin the artwork I take snapshot of my work and show it on my site.
Anyone does it differently?
Alex

Paula Ford
04-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Hello and welcome to Wetcanvas Alex!

Yes there are some who use scanned images, but most of us use our cameras.

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

WC Lee
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I usually scan them if they fit on the scanner bed, just need to be careful placing and removing the artwork.

ponting
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
...and cleaning the glass between shots....Cheers. Di

WC Lee
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
that too :) .. important to keep the glass clean :D

jemgold
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I use a scanner and carefully place the painting on and lift off. I've never had a problem with the painting. Important to clean between scans.
I also use my camera but find I get better color on the scanner. However I think scanners vary.

Paula Ford
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, I guess there are lots of people who use their scanners!!

David Patterson
04-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I scan at a high resolution if the paintings fit. It beats setting up my tripod, camera, and lights. And yes, you must clean the glass after every use. There also must be absolutely no movement of the painting when you place it on the scanning bed...you can smear the image, or worse yet, the painting!:eek:

Colorix
04-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Scanners vary, indeed. My old scanner bleached out all light areas, while my current scanner only makes the near whites into total white. Never smeared a painting, but I do put them carefully straight down, and correct any tilt in PS. And then I lift straight up. And yes, clean the glass, especially at the edges, where the dust tend to crawl in and take up permanent residence. :-)

Judibelle
04-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I use only a scanner, as I still havent quite figured out how to use the camera I received for Christmas to get the image....slow learner....sigh. Need my grandson back to show me again..
JB.

alex_diaz
04-15-2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Apr-2009/184162-With_Love.jpg wow guys thank you for all the replies and info this forum is really helpful, I will deffo try using a scanner
thanks Paola, I am new to this , I do pastel but started recently done some things and am still at that phase of frustation where you are accepting your own work, art is a lot oneself I think, here is a picture where I tried to do first with black and whites but couldn't dare with pastel so I used charcoal but if you can colour it pastels it'd be great, thanks for everything again.
oh the title is "With Love"
Alex