PDA

View Full Version : Waiting - a little longer...

eeJamesK
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
One of the things I haven't quite got used to since moving to Canada is not being able to fly in the winter. Still, now spring is (almost) here, the club is starting to see some activity again. Not flying yet, but we're starting to get things ready. While I was there today I took this shot from the back of the hangar. It probably doesn't mean much unless you've been around a gliding club, but I was trying to capture the feeling of the hanger which has been dark and quiet (and cold!!) all winter, stuffed full of aircraft, with the promise of the flying season ahead.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Apr-2009/163959-IMG_1073-Edit.jpg

James.

dcb45
04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I think you were successful in capturing the image you intended. The plane looks like it's watching, waiting for someone come and fly. I really like the lighting.

Dreamin
04-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Interesting silhouette.....I, too, like the lighting...and a crp of just the ceiling would make a nice abstract, too. Nice.

Mary Robinson
04-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Nice shot, excellent lines and mood in the image.

eeJamesK
04-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Thank you for the comments. I wasn't sure that it would make much sense with so much clutter in the silhouette (I think I can see bits of 5 different aircraft in there!). I guess the ideal shot would be a single aircraft and probably a more central viewpoint to make the ceiling symetric, but that wasn't an option this time. Only a couple of weeks (unless the weather turns wet again) and we should be flying. Then I'll be able to post pictures where you can actually see the aircraft :)

James.

Manstein
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Excellent shot James.

dcb45
04-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I guess the pure "artistic" shot would be a single plane silhouette, but we have to make the best of what is there, and I think you did. I didn't find the extra planes distracting and to me they add to the mood of the main one being stuck in there. I like it.