PDA

View Full Version : Glass Art Daily - 8/18/02

mistymade
08-18-2002, 03:19 AM
Well, it's 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep! My sinuses are killing me. Where are those darn counting sheep when ya need them!

Everyone have a nice morning, I probably won't be up until noon. Shame on me!

Night night to some, good morning to others!

P.S. This is the first time I've started the Glass Art Daily, I hope I did it right???

Misty:)

BlackDotMags
08-18-2002, 03:36 AM
Misty,
Haha...you beat me to it! (yes, you did it right!) ;)

Nuffin' new to report here. Off to bed for me now...be back at 7:00ish.

Good Morning, WetCanvas peoples!!! :D

The Magster

Lenda
08-18-2002, 09:01 AM
What Happened, Beth? Did you actually get some SLEEP???? LOL

Sorry about your sinuses Misty, that's about the worst thing. I hate it when mine act up, hope you sleep well.

Good Morning Mags!

Good Morning WC'ers. Happy torchin' today.

Lenda

:D :D

Mike E etc
08-18-2002, 09:26 AM
I kept B2 up way too late.:D
Wait until she gets her blaster, beth is on her way as a bead maker.:clap:

craftylady
08-18-2002, 10:08 AM
Just wanted to say good morning to you all. I have to get ready for my 2 year old Party today. So I want be able to torch or talk much. I Hope you all have a wonderful torching day:clap: :cool:

Lenda
08-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Hey Mike, now your tinyhead scares me---

Lenda:D

b2beads
08-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Actually, yes, I DID get some sleep last night! And I'm up before NOON! And Lenda, it's amazing - MikeE looks exactly like that tinyhead - neon greens, blues, pinks, line art look. I thought he'd photo edited his picture! Boy, was I surprised when I walked into the marble show and he looked just like that! :evil: OK, maybe not.

I had a blast meeting MikeE at the marble show! Awesome marbles (bought me one of his gorgeous aquarium marbles!) And he sent me home with a wealth of useless trivia - opps, no I meant wonderful tricks and techniques! ;) Not to mention my very own Mushroom Bead (which he is allegedy going to write and article on how to make...), some cool glass to try, a little butterfly cane and more. And just WAIT until you all see my B2 signature cane! It's AWESOME. Now if I can just use it without botching it up! Photos to come. Meant to take photos there, but decided that there was no way I could more accurately represent MikeE in a photo than he has already in his tinyhead! What a riot!

B2

Laura Brito
08-18-2002, 11:32 AM
PEARLS

Moonbeams radiating lazily on the Pearls as they drape over the edge.
The sharp edge a stark contrast to the deceptively hardness of the soft pearls.
Beautiful sheen, lovely glow, so desirable.
If only I had that sheen. What would that be like? Perfection?
Or is it better to be imperfect? Does that make us interesting. Unique?
Yes, I think so.

Something I wrote a while ago...

Laura

Laura Brito
08-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Here is Lewis at the 2002 Flame off.

Laura

ValorieCox
08-18-2002, 11:35 AM
Beth, Great to hear about your adventures with Mike! Sounds like a wonderful time. Yes, I'd love to see your signature cane when you get brave enough to use it. Keep encouraging Mike to write that article--that would be a treat!
Best, Val :cat:

!ngridh
08-18-2002, 11:40 AM
ok ok...some poetry...

I ate the plums you were saving
In the refrigerator.
They were delicious,
So cold and
So sweet.

not me lol...one of WCW
I love this one, sin without a trace of guilt, only the pleasure
very intimate and sensuous

llis
08-18-2002, 11:42 AM
I'm loving how the daily thread helps us all get to know each other.

Laura, thanks so much for sharing the pictures of your adventures with all of us and I'm enjoying all the poetry from everyone too.

Here is my shamless plug for what I've been doing the last couple of days.... I finally got my latest paintings up in the new art-agent gallery. art-agent isn't live yet...but will be soon. Check out my coastal collection. *blush* art-agent is the sister site to artistnation and wetcanvas. It's sorta a selling, invoice, inventory tool for artists and is available thru wetcanvas hosting.

Coastal Landscape Collection (http://www.art-agent.com/collection_view.php?collection_id=29)

Laura Brito
08-18-2002, 12:22 PM
I have been waiting for this to roll out llis to start working on my own art-agent gallery! hehe, I am sure I will love it, since Scott is so gracious in working his buns off for all of us! I know I appreciate him and you greatly.

Thank you for sharing this with us, I love your painting Coastal Landscape! It is so pretty!

Laura:clap:

Modesto
08-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Just to avoid any misunderstandings...I'm going to be around but the word infection took on new meaning last night and, required a trip to the emergency room. I just returned and I'm OK REALLY...just tender from the spinal tap and cloudy mind from heavy drugs. The funny thing about it all...I really thought it was the end for me and, along with my family I kept thinking about WC and who would announce the winners in the daily...
Take care today all.
Harold

Ann*S
08-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Firstly, Harold! What happened? Are you ok really?
Keep us informed please.

Llis..you are a wonderful artist. I love everyone of your paintings..Sunset Marsh is my absolute favorite.

Everyone....let's get a little more sleep tonight! or try anyway.
Ann

Lenda
08-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Harold, Sending you healing thoughts your way>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lenda;)

llis
08-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Not Gossip....but close.

This is a public announcement meant only for those eyes that read this. LOL.......

I'm going to be away for a week or so... don't tell anyone.... I'm trying to slip away. I'll have limited access to this site, so if you need anything how about getting intouch with any moderator you happen to see on line. If they can't help you or can't respond, just leave send me a message or PM and I'll catch it on a "by chance" mode.

Harold.... hope you get that infection worked out of your system.

rightbrainbeads
08-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ann*S
Firstly, Harold! What happened? Are you ok really?
Keep us informed please.

Yes, Harold-- do keep us informed!

Sending you bright, healing vibes...

lynne
:)

!ngridh
08-18-2002, 04:42 PM
llis...i love them. I am considering putting some of my stuff up but it might take a while. I have one painting that I couldn't part with but think I will have prints pulled and cards made too...Let me know how to check your work in a regular basis...I prefer the work of an artist who I know to prints of somebody...;-)
I just picked up a fantastic photograph while perusing the photo site...I have a couple of bids in on some of the ebay work of WC! artists...I would like to be able to follow your work...yum!

Harold? my goodness this doesnt sound good :(

mistymade
08-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Harold, how scary!!! I was just thinking that I haven't seen you posting much lately, I hope you feel better soon! Sending postive get well vibes your way ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
Take care of yourself!
Misty

Mori
08-18-2002, 06:04 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Aug-2002/jewelman2.gif

Sending Special Healing Vibes to Harold!

~Mori

b2beads
08-18-2002, 06:47 PM
HAROLD! No one can keep up with the congrats like you, so you MUST take care of yourself (though, that cracked me up... Once when I was sick and delusional, I kept telling a friend that if she needed to get me to the car, she could just wrap me up in the bed sheets and drag me to the car, but on the way down the stairs, make sure I was head first so I wouldn't "bonk" on each step. Pain and illness can really muck with your mind...)

Infections can be very dangerous and life threatening. Most of us take some scratches for granted (or burns), but you really have to be careful, and if you happen to also be on steroids, that can be a very dangerous combination. My mother went in to septic shock a few years ago when an infection went unnoticed and unchecked because steroids "masked" it. Please take care!

B2

Modesto
08-18-2002, 10:35 PM
B2 and Mike E together...now that sounds like fun...or maybe trouble.

Laura..."PEARLS" VERY GOOD...keep them coming if you can.
BTW...that photo of Lewis reminds me of ZZ Top.

Ingrid "sin without a trace of guilt, only the pleasure very intimate and sensuous"
Big Grin... Also, thanks for the concern.

Dear Mom...the word "shame" will never be part of my thoughts in regards to you...how about "comforting"

Ann I'm O.K. and I will take your advise...more sleep.

Lenda, lynne, Misty and Mori ...LOL are you holding virtual hands...I can feel the good vibes and they are having a positive affect..thank you all.:D

B2..thanks..."Infections can be very dangerous and life threatening."...I'm learning...sometimes the hard way:(

Harold

craftylady
08-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Glad to see you back on the forum. Glad you are feeling better. Please keep us posted. Hope the family is well also. I know when one gets sick the other pulls double duty. Well looking forward to having you back.....:D Get Well Soon:D

Laura Brito
08-19-2002, 12:09 AM
I was gone during the day today and I come back to THIS!!!! Harold! I can't believe it! It is taking care of 3 kids under the age of 5.....yea that must be it! Be careful, lay in bed, drink tons of stuff, just watch TV or read....take it easy...nothing better than that...

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Laura

Shirley C.
08-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Harold, glad to see you're back - wow, what a scare! Please take care of yourself - sending good thoughts your way.:) :) :)

ValorieCox
08-19-2002, 01:19 AM
Harold, Wow, we're glad you're back, and you sound good! Please take care of yourself, we will all behave here, even if you are away resting. ;)

Best, Valorie