PDA

View Full Version : trees on river landscape

mcknight
08-17-2002, 12:44 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-17-2002/1277_treesonriver-small.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: trees on river landscape
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 22x28
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I think I'm almost done, I just need to touch up a few things.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any suggestions? Note that much of the colour is lost by the camera particularly in the lighter areas so areas that appear to be quite white is actually warmer on the painting.

jerryW
08-17-2002, 01:43 PM
sometimes the act of painting is like visiting a shrine.
I imagine you could keep visitng this shrine until your soul is totally at peace.
you have already done great honour to the goddess of this stream.

Corrie Scott
08-17-2002, 02:26 PM
A land that artists see, and hopefully mere mortals do too!
I like it

mcknight
08-17-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks Jerry! I'm happy with this one too.

Dave

mcknight
08-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Corrie Scott
A land that artists see, and hopefully mere mortals do too!
I like it

Well it is painted from a real place, although with a bit of artistic freedom. Thanks!

Dave

Corrie Scott
08-17-2002, 02:33 PM
I could see it was from a real place.
What I was trying to say is that mere mortals would just walk by. You saw the magic , painted, and brought this enchanted place to us.

mcknight
08-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Okay, I see, yeah! :) It was a couple years ago when I actually took the photo, but I remember thinking then that it would make a great painting.

Dave

giniaad
08-17-2002, 05:14 PM
dreamy precision
the gods are smiling

lovely...

tara123
08-17-2002, 06:57 PM
I love this! The water and trees are beautiful! Great job. :)

Tara

mattlart
08-18-2002, 12:00 AM
This IS a beautiful painting, Dave. I would love to see it "in person"......... as well as spending LOTS of time lost and found in this awesome setting ........nice work :p -Scott

xixo
08-18-2002, 02:54 AM
Howdy! mcknight,

I like your painting... just a few observations:
The stream kinda finishes midway and disappears into a haze... fine! I like it. Now looking a little more carefully around the trees to the right, I can see the delicate stream is now flowing up into the skies. I'm sure this is the tree/woody area, but looks to be a continuation of the stream. Maybe a little attention there.

Interesting observations for fun:
I've stared at this for a long time now (that's a compliment in itself :) ) and I see an obvious face. Some people might make a painting of that in itself. And don't mention that guy from the right of the tree, in the turban, looking into the scene.

Aselka
08-18-2002, 04:27 AM
It is so mysterious and enchating. It is done so well. I enjoy when i recognize Canadian landscapes!!

Post more.

Aselka

mcknight
08-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your comments, giniaad and tara123!

Thanks Scott, I'm very happy to get your blessing with this!

xixo, I'm considering your comments regarding the stream/treeline for my final touch-up. Thanks for staring at my painting for so long! I never noticed the face until you mention it - great observations!

Aselka, thanks for the feedback! It's always nice to hear positive words from people that live nearby.

Dave