PDA

View Full Version : Gallery in the Grove

coyote
08-16-2002, 05:52 PM
I'd like to extend a personal invitation to all WCers in southern California to come to my "gallery" on August 25th. If you PM me with your email or snail mail address, I'll send you a flyer with a map.

Here is the press release I sent to all the newspapers:

Outdoor Art Show in Green Valley to Showcase Works by Local Artists

"Gallery in the Grove" to Display Local Talent and Eventually Become Permanent Gallery

GREEN VALLEY, Calif. [August 13, 2002] Gallery in the Grove will open for a one-day exhibition and art sale on Sunday, August 25th from 9 a.m. until dark at 15128 Spunky Canyon Road in Green Valley. This outdoor show will include paintings, drawings, wood carvings, and metal sculpture by local artists. The Gallery in the Grove is located in a beautiful oak grove in scenic Green Valley, about 20 minutes north of Santa Clarita via San Francisquito Canyon Road (west of Palmdale via Elizabeth Lake Road or west of Lancaster via 110th Street West to Johnson Road).

Todd Cooper, owner of the Gallery in the Grove, commented, "There is a lot of artistic activity in Green Valley, and it's a great opportunity for all of the local artists to come together for a group exhibit. The work is extremely diverse and so are the artists. The only common denominator is that we are all creating our work in the Green Valley and adjacent communities. But it's exciting to see the quality and caliber of work."

Cooper, an illustrator, will exhibit some of his recent portraits. He writes "The Art Page" for the local newspaper, "The Mountain Yodeler" and has been active in a recent "Art Walk" in Green Valley, which first garnered attention for the region's active and growing artist's community.

Plans are underway to make Gallery in the Grove a regular occurrence and then a permanent fixture in Green Valley. For more information on Gallery in the Grove or original art in Green Valley and nearby communities, please contact Todd Cooper at 661-433-6273 or 661-270-1301.