PDA

View Full Version : Very First Vessels

Miss Kate
08-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Ok - here's a pic of my very first attempt at making vessels. Please do not spit coffee at your computer screen - just makes a mess! LOL

Yes - these are horrible - I overcooked the glass (working on a lynx & trying to remember to work further out in the flame!)
Need to do major work on shaping, picture taking, etc.....

But - the important thing is I finally took a baby step & tried it :D

Ok - now for the laughs....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2002/my1stvessels.jpg

Miss Kate

"That's my story & I'm sticking to it"

Lenda
08-14-2002, 10:55 AM
But Kate---YOU DID HANDLES!!!!!Be very proud, even seasoned beadmakers still do not do handles, and yours even match!!!

Lenda:D

ValorieCox
08-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Oh, those are sweet. Is that your initial 'K' on the yellow one! You were very adventurous, keep making them, and this first set will be a delight to look back to where you started!

Val

margaretz
08-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Miss Kate- You should have seen my first attempt... I don't think a picture could even do it any justice... Really, those are great first vessels. I'm very impressed with the handles. Keep up the good work!

Tink
08-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Very, very darling! I just LOVE them!

Heck, I'm impressed that they are in one piece: My first ones broke before they were annealed. *sigh*

I'm desperately trying to sell enough on eBay right now to get a Toolbox annealer from Don. LOL! Then and ONLY then will I go back to my vessels.

Jillie Beads
08-14-2002, 11:26 AM
Miss Kate, you sure have been busy. What wonderful beads on your first attempt! I am impressed! Jill

craftylady
08-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Wow love the handles.. I have tried and failed a few times. You are making very good progress:clap: :clap: :clap:

MarySarah
08-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Kate, I don't drink coffee (the "decaffeinated version" of me is proabably more than enough for most people!) but I wouldn't have spit it out, anyway .... very nice first attempts at vessels!

And you're right - you took that first step! It's only going to get better from here on out. :)

Congrats!
Mary

Judy in MN
08-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Those are spiffy first vessels! I haven't tackled that process yet, myself.

Judy

laughing glass beads
08-14-2002, 01:30 PM
I love the colors, and the handles. It is so fun, isn't it? CC

Mori
08-14-2002, 03:38 PM
I think they're cute!!. At least you've made the attempt, which is more than I can say for myself. I'm gonna have to try it soon though. Thanks for sharing your first vessels.:) :clap:

~Mori

Miss Kate
08-15-2002, 09:49 AM
Awwwww thanks everybody :o. You guys are just too sweet!

Don't know what possessed me to try those that day. You know how sometimes the bead gods are with you & things just work out? - Well, that was Tuesday. Now yesterday - the bead gods had moved on to someone else - cause I couldn't make diddly squat! LOL.

Oh well, will try again today.

Thanks again for the encouragement - it's so nice to have you folks as friends! :clap: :clap:

Miss Kate

:cat:

macbeth7
08-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Miss Kate, those are very sweet! :clap: Keep up the good work, & show us more vessel pics as you go along!

Beth

Stacylynne
08-21-2002, 01:05 PM
KKKKKKKate they are great...............Stacylynnne