PDA

View Full Version : Galleries in Santa Fe?

Bethany_Fields
03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I am going on a quick, relaxing anniversary trip next week. Love that we are only a few hours away from lovely Santa Fe! I have been many times but only visited the galleries once or twice. Any must sees? :)

Deborah Secor
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Ventana Gallery, located on lower Canyon Road! Handell, Dawson, a couple other pastelists... ASK to see more work and they sometimes show you all the stuff in the back room! :)

Happy anniversary!
Deborah

adventureartist
03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Canyon Road is the best, but a follow up massage and hot tub at Ten Thousand Waves is the bomb!! It's a Japanese bath house, check it out!:thumbsup:

Studio-1-F
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Ventana Gallery, located on lower Canyon Road! Handell, Dawson, a couple other pastelists... ASK to see more work and they sometimes show you all the stuff in the back room! :)
Ooooooo! Excellent tip, Deb! If you go to their website -- http://www.ventanafineart.com/ -- select 'Pastel' from the drop-down menu under 'Media' on the left, and then press the 'Search' button, you can get a delicious preview of what's there.

Thanks!!

Jan

Bethany_Fields
03-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Squeel! So excited! Thank you Deborah. I was hoping you would see this thread as I know you are in Albuquerque and therefore "in the know." Thank you for the tips!

adventureartist (sorry, don't know your name yet...:) ) we're staying at the Loretto Inn and Spa and on Monday, I get to "spa" for five whole hours!!! I'll be a noodle by Tuesday when we walk about. We looked at Ten Thousand Waves but they were busy. :)

:)

adventureartist
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Yepper, they are usually booked months ahead, but sometimes have openings. I think Santa Fe is just a wonderful place to look a quality art, get great food and "noodle out" in the spas. Something about the air etc., there is just revitalizing! My name is Dru...my Mother and Grandmother lived in Santa Fe so I just love it! Have a fun time!:thumbsup:

Maggie P
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh, and if you have time, stop in the art supply store, Artisan/Santa Fe on Cerillos Road. I thiink it's one of the finest (if not #1) art suppy stores in the country.

Bethany_Fields
03-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh thank you Maggie! I'll definitely do that. (my husband will be *thrilled*) ;)

Bethany_Fields
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
So our trip was wonderful and we did indeed see Handell, Dawson, and also Lynne E. Windsor (beautiful!!!!), Kathy Beekman (at Canyon Rd. Contemporary Art), and Will Klemm (at Hahn Ross Gallery) and countless others. It was so wonderful to see these pastels up close and study the stroke and layering of color. We had a wonderful trip! Thank you again for the suggestions!