PDA

View Full Version : no title yet

jnet11
08-13-2002, 11:48 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-13-2002/1089_heinrich_notitleyet.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: no title yet
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 2 foot x 3 foot
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
something new, experimenting with duality and incompleteness

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
comments/serious critiques welcome and appreciated

Christine Mallaband
08-13-2002, 01:04 PM
The face is very strong, it reminds me slightly of braque/ picasso.
Are you trying to create a flat , or 3d image, the right side of the face as you view it is much more 3d. I think my only real criticsim is with the background which is rather unformed, especially the hair, do you want to make it darker to make the face stand out? or have some highlights reflected at the back/on the side?
Possibly a contrasting colour for the background and maybe lighter on the right fading to darker on the left ( in opposition to the light on the face)
I hope that these suggestions are useful. I am usually a very figurative painter, but I hope I can see where you are coming from! :D

ordie4
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
I like this pallette. I like that the subject & b/g have the same pallette. It is very warm. Usually not big on "headshots", but this one works very well and has a lot of depth. The Hi/Lo lites really work well off each other.

jerryW
08-13-2002, 04:42 PM
I like the positive negative and reliance on arcs.

drquinn
08-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Love the painting and colors chosen, simple, ever-so-slightly cartoonish, yet well featured.

giniaad
08-13-2002, 06:30 PM
graphic, yet realistic...
forms, lighting, composition, colors
all working well

feeling...
stern but/ and compassionate
attractive woman
who is basically centered and realistic

(I say basically centered, only because...
no one is perfectly centered)

Corrie Scott
08-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Interesting and provocative.
Concave section of neck keeps pulling my eye. Has such a definite movement. Feel it may be a bit strong and is taking me away from the face.

Danny
08-14-2002, 03:37 AM
Oh I really like this one. It has a great quality about it.:clap: :clap: