PDA

View Full Version : niko and asha

animaldoctor
02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
i guess this isu close to finished now. i'm still not happy with it but i don't really know what to do now-short of pulling my hair out anyway :(
any help would be appreciated.

going though a rough patch and this is just stressing me out

jen

jeniart
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I think you have done a nice job on this awkward angled picture. The right foot on the lighter colored dog doesn't look quite right - I think it should be pointed a little more straight - I don't know whether you can adjust that at all but if not try lifting the outlines of the toes and angling them downwards if you understand what I mean. They look 2 very happy dogs - you certainly reproduced the character well.

Glenspey
02-16-2009, 01:29 AM
I think you've captured a really good likeness.
To me the main area that needs tweaking are the legs, this is a result of both dogs being horribly foreshortened in the photograph.
Could you suggest a little bit more of the missing foot on both dogs, I know they don't really show in the photograph but I think that would help balance in the drawing.
I would agree with Jenny's comment and also add a touch more shaping of the pastern on both front legs of the black and tan dog.
Hope that helps.

Gayle

Ceiliog
02-16-2009, 07:47 AM
wow tough angle but you have produced a very characterfull rendition particularly of teh scruffier looking one - I think taking teh advice above could lift it even further, but leaving it as it is still makes for a very nice picture

jody007
02-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Wow I think you did a beautiful job! I love it!
Jody

animaldoctor
02-18-2009, 04:20 PM
right i think i'm calling this one finished now. i've played with the feet a little but i think if i do much more then i'll ewnd up with big mess!!

thank you for your comments
jen

animaldoctor
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
it would help if i uploaded the photo:p

PatrickHedges
02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I love it!! Great angle despite how difficult it made things.

One major issue to fix (and an easy one to fix). The back foot of the lighter dog has too much contrast with the ground. In the photo, the ground is fairly light and so is the foot. In your drawing, the ground is really dark but the foot is still light. Just darken that foot some. It will then seem attached to the ground more and it won't stand out as much as it does now. It draws too much attention.

The rest is full of character and gorgeous.