PDA

View Full Version : Met the most beautiful dog today....

sahara
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Well I fell in love with a wiemeraner cross german shorthaired pointer.

This is going on my painting list to do - now why couldn't my mug man want one of these....... I can't wait to paint his portrait!!

His name was pretty cool too - Baggins!!

Unfortunately I din't come across any of the breeds I needed *sigh*

jody007
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh I do agree, what I beautiful dog!!!!! I hope when you do paint him you will post it so we can see it.
Jody

IanArt
02-14-2009, 03:59 PM
He is very beautiful! I love this breed very much.

Ian

Simon Bland
02-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Beautiful dog. He needs a new collar though - it looks like he's wearing a hand-me-down or he's lost a bunch of weight (see the wear on the hole two sizes bigger !)

Simon

goby
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
This dogs head resembles a liver german shorthaired pointer, my son and daughterinlaw have one that looks very much like this dog. Hope you paint it and post it so we can see!!
Goby

ARTMUTT
02-14-2009, 10:23 PM
What a gorgeous dog!!

Nakiska
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Awww...he's beautiful! I love GSP's and Weimerainers both.

Off topic, I know, but I feel compelled to share this story.

This has been a really rough winter in our area, we got over 7 feet of snow from December 17th through December 28th, most amazing sight. Anyway, on our way to town was this German Shorthair, sitting in the highway, trying to warm up in this little patch of sun, just sitting there, I said...awww Honey, she's going to get hit, we have to get her!

We stopped and she came up to us, shivering soo hard she could barely walk. And skin and bones! :mad: We put her in the truck and I took a couple pictures of her.

Well, we stopped at the bank and my man ran into a gal he works with and told her about the dog we just rescued. Apparently she wanted her, so she came out to the truck and took her! I was a little sad, because I LOVE German shorthairs! But we really didn't need another dog...

This girl looked soo old, gray in the face, the teeth she has left are all broken and decayed.

A couple days went by, we were worried about her, it snowed again and the temps were freezing, 16 degrees at night, warming to 20 during the day, so we went to see how this dog was faring, when we showed up, there she was outside, freezing!

No one was home, there were some blankets on the front porch and dog food spilled all over. That was it, we took her again and this time, we've kept her!

We call her rosie and she's got issues, no doubt, but we sure do love her! One of her worst issues is she's terrified of having her picture taken, the sound of the camera turning on sends her running for cover. And when she see's a flash, she gets so scared, it's :( We think she's probably had some extensive shock collar punishments in the past.

Anyway, here's a couple pic's of her back when we first found her and rescued her the second time...she looks soo much better now!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2009/45900-rosierescued.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2009/45900-rosierescued2.jpg

Bringer
02-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken breeds, don't they also come with a grey colour ?
I've seen them more often here lately.

Kind regards,

Josť

Margaret Dent
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Nakiska,

thank you so much for saving this poor old girl. I had exactly the same experience with a male GSP when I was about 13-14. He was wondering down the street (at least it was summer) and in the time it took my dad to go to the corner store for some cigarettes, the dog was in the back seat of our car, making friends with me while my mom hyperventilated in the front...

He too was just skin and bones, and dead tired. My dad let me take him home. He ate like a wolf and then just collapsed on the carpet and fell asleep. Since we lived in an apartment and already had a little dog, friends of ours took him and gave him a safe, warm, loving home until he died from old age about 3 years after that. But he always remembered me. Whenever I went to visit, he bounded towards me like a puppy, arthritic hips and all! He was the sweetest dog I've ever met. His name was Barry. Still miss him....