PDA

View Full Version : The WC! Glass Cafe Daily

llis
08-12-2002, 05:16 PM
Over the last couple of days I've received several messages asking for help in viewing the pages. WC! is huge, that is for sure and many of the forum pages move to the second and third page very quick. To help all the new folks and of course, all of us that have been here awhile, I propose a new feature. With a little help this "new feature" might help keep really important information on the first page a little longer and might just start a new trend that the other forums might want to consider.

Here is the scoop:

Each day one of us will start a new thread of the day.... It will be called " The WC! Glass Cafe Daily" and will be a place for general chit chat, news, hello, welcome, congratulations... anything that you want to share --- member to member.

Anyone can start the Glass Cafe Daily thread ...just be the first one to post the daily thread... and make sure you mark it so that others will see that the new daily thread has already been opened. Here is an example:

<b>Title: Glass Cafe Daily -- Tuesday, Aug. 13

Congratulations to Harold on being the first one..... yada, yada, yada. *grin* Don't hit me Harold.... I have glass in my hand. </b>

Each person that signs on can add to the daily thread and check in... so as to speak... adding any news or thoughts...or general whatever’s.... The next day a new thread will be started by whoever gets on line first. Yes, night owls, it's okay to start the new thread after midnight what ever region you are in. :)

What this new feature will do is provide one general thread a day instead of 10 - 30 that tend to push other threads down so far you can't find them on the first page.

Let's try and see.... I'll start the new Daily thread now. Please do start tomorrow's thread as soon as tomorrow gets here.

Of course, everyone please do still go visit the WC! Cafe Guerbois Forum and the chat room. There you will find other artsy folks to talk with and share creative spirits. This new feature will just be a little cafe especially for those that frequent this channel and just don't have time to run over to the main pages.

Cafe Guerbois ---- Artist's Cafe (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26)

Cafe Guerbois Chat Room - Art Chat Any Time (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Chat/)

TheGlassJug
08-12-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi llis,
Great idea! jug:cat:

ValorieCox
08-12-2002, 08:04 PM
I wanted to bring this explaination of the 'Glass Cafe' post back to the top. I think the concept of a 'Glass Cafe' is perfect for posting the congratulations, 'off-topic' subjects, and small talk conversation, (yeah, and unrelated silly-pet photos)!

I'm sure Harold, (who seems to be the first one up in the morning) will often start the dated thread for the day, or Laura (who stays up too late at night) will start the new day for us even earlier sometimes!

It's a great idea llis!

Valorie

Mike E etc
08-12-2002, 08:31 PM
I would guess that once the new Daily Edition hits the stands then it is time to put yesterdays edition on the porch for the occasional read?;) And that any continuing stories and discussions continue in the current edition?
Mike, lacking common sense, E

Lori Robbins
08-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Great idea. I was getting lost and missing posts.

first non glass thing I have to say is that I cut most all my hair off this last weekend. It is short! I am a bit freaked out.
:eek:

Modesto
08-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Dear Mom,

What a wonderful idea!

Hit you :confused: what kind of person would hit their mom?

You might have to worry about my hugs:D

Harold

Originally posted by llis
Over the last couple of days I've received several messages asking for help in viewing the pages. WC! is huge, that is for sure and many of the forum pages move to the second and third page very quick. To help all the new folks and of course, all of us that have been here awhile, I propose a new feature. With a little help this "new feature" might help keep really important information on the first page a little longer and might just start a new trend that the other forums might want to consider.

Here is the scoop:

Each day one of us will start a new thread of the day.... It will be called " The WC! Glass Cafe Daily" and will be a place for general chit chat, news, hello, welcome, congratulations... anything that you want to share --- member to member.

Anyone can start the Glass Cafe Daily thread ...just be the first one to post the daily thread... and make sure you mark it so that others will see that the new daily thread has already been opened. Here is an example:

<b>Title: Glass Cafe Daily -- Tuesday, Aug. 13

Congratulations to Harold on being the first one..... yada, yada, yada. *grin* Don't hit me Harold.... I have glass in my hand. </b>

Each person that signs on can add to the daily thread and check in... so as to speak... adding any news or thoughts...or general whatever’s.... The next day a new thread will be started by whoever gets on line first. Yes, night owls, it's okay to start the new thread after midnight what ever region you are in. :)

What this new feature will do is provide one general thread a day instead of 10 - 30 that tend to push other threads down so far you can't find them on the first page.

Let's try and see.... I'll start the new Daily thread now. Please do start tomorrow's thread as soon as tomorrow gets here.

Of course, everyone please do still go visit the WC! Cafe Guerbois Forum and the chat room. There you will find other artsy folks to talk with and share creative spirits. This new feature will just be a little cafe especially for those that frequent this channel and just don't have time to run over to the main pages.

Cafe Guerbois ---- Artist's Cafe (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26)

Cafe Guerbois Chat Room - Art Chat Any Time (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Chat/)

Lara
08-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Mom:

Thank you so much. I guess I wasn't the only one getting bogged down with all the congrats messages on the forum. It was started to annoy me.

Thanks.

Lara

Modesto
08-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Lara
Mom:

Thank you so much. I guess I wasn't the only one getting bogged down with all the congrats messages on the forum. It was started to annoy me.

Thanks.

Lara

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that Lara because, I don't think the congrat or welcomes will go away. Everyone is so friendly here:clap:

Lara
08-12-2002, 11:43 PM
I guess I should clarify. I don't think the congrats are bothersome, it is nice to be congratulated on posting a lot, heck I got one the other day. It is just that there are so many posts, it is nice to put some of the daily once in one spot, like this. It takes my about 1-2 hours to go through all the post on WC and ISGB and I would think the less clicking around the quicker it would be.

Lara

PS - I knew my comments would irritate some.

Like MOM said: "What this new feature will do is provide one general thread a day instead of 10 - 30 that tend to push other threads down so far you can't find them on the first page. "

Modesto
08-12-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Lara
I guess I should clarify. I don't think the congrats are bothersome, it is nice to be congratulated on posting a lot, heck I got one the other day. It is just that there are so many posts, it is nice to put some of the daily once in one spot, like this. It takes my about 1-2 hours to go through all the post on WC and ISGB and I would think the less clicking around the quicker it would be.

Lara

PS - I knew my comments would irritate some.

Like MOM said: "What this new feature will do is provide one general thread a day instead of 10 - 30 that tend to push other threads down so far you can't find them on the first page. "

Oh no Lara...please...I wasn't and don't get irritated unless someone is rude. I think I just misunderstood your post and was trying to be sympathetic. I must admit I haven't been to ISGB recently and I'm not too concerned about their issues while here on WC but, last time I was there it didn't seem like it would take much time to read the current postings :confused: