PDA

View Full Version : First Pastel...Koala, Finished...FINALLY!!

Tazz
02-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Well it's been quite a break from WC, bizzy bizzy bizzy . Seems you guys opened a new cafe and everything.

I haven't had much time, but I did manage to add a bit of shadow and draw a few gum leaves...and I think that may have been enough to finally finish this beast.

For those of you who missed the ride, here's a link to the thread,ya might want to take it to "The Watering Hole" though, it's quite a read.
http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524492

Anyway, enough said, here's my Koala and my very first pastel. As always feel free to C&C, it's ALWAYS apreciated.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Pazza
02-01-2009, 04:23 AM
1st thought.. nice and fluffy.
2nd thought.. omg! a background:eek: :lol:
:thumbsup:

Nice one Mitcharoo.

jody007
02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh it is beautiful!!!! I love it!
Jody

wildlifeartist
02-01-2009, 11:17 AM
You've done a great job-- this is your first? Well done. Keep working and move one to your next one right away. Looks really good.

IanArt
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Good work! I agree keep them coming!

Ian

Sticky Wombat
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Wow just make sure you keep them coming :thumbsup:
Hope you dont mind but here he is all neat and tidy :lol: :
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/126619-IMG_8831.JPG

Snuzin Susan
02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy! Great job!

-Susan

AngieR
02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Great job Tazz!!!! I love it:):) I'd love to see what you do next!

Angie

PatrickHedges
02-01-2009, 11:06 PM
This would make a great calendar image (and definitely a great wall hanging too :thumbsup: )

eichin
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
B E A U T I F U L :clap: :clap:

Tazz
02-02-2009, 04:29 AM
HEY PAZZA! Where you been Mate :wave: YEAH, I'm just full of surprises :D

Thank you Jody ALWAYS a pleasure to hear from you :)

Thanks Charles...Boy do I have a HEAP of questions for you :D LOVE your work!

Thanks Ian! That's my plan...well, actually my plan is to follow my plan...THAT'S my plan :lol:

Hi Kerry :wave: thanks for the VERY kind words and yes, that does look MUCH better :thumbsup:

Thanks Susan FUZZY is very flattering when it comes to a Koala :D

THANK YOU Angie! I'm currently going through my pics looking for my next victim :thumbsup:

I was thinking a center fold for an adult Koala Magazine Patrick...a calander would mean I need to do ELEVEN MORE :eek: :lol:

Thank you Echin, I appreciate that VERY much :D

aRt4us
02-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Hi Mitch where U bean.
Love this been waiting ageees for the final cut, and its a gem.
One observation I would mention is the white fluffy ears, to help them stand out more, when light is against light, is to do grey first then the light will have a good contrast to show up a bit better.

Any more planned?
Painting fun
Gary

stirling
02-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Think you did an all round good job on this one Mitch,nice to see it finished!

Best from mike.

Tazz
02-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey Gary :thumbsup: I've been flat out like a lizard drinkin. Bizzy time of year for me and I'm Dam glad it is, with all the Doom and Gloom flyin around. I am ready to start the art work back up again though...feel like i'm gonna explode.

I do think you're right about the ears, I may just fix that. It was bothering me but I couldn't put my finger on it, Thanks for that :)

What I have planned is...well....studying that wolf WIP you did and choose one of my elephant pics to start up on. You're gonna think I'm a stalker :lol:

Hi ya Mike! That means a lot coming from you Mate. I did end up fixing that eye you pointed out early on.

Very glad you poked your head in here :D

Julie.P
02-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Great job, Mitch! :clap::clap::clap:

Just popped in at the right time to see this finished! :)......bet your next one will be pastels too!!.....now you've tried them you will be addicted!!

~Julie~

Tazz
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Julie! :wave: Hey are you back for a while or just poppin in and dissapearing again?

You were right about this powdery stuff...s**t gets EVERYWHERE but it has this strange effect of you not minding it at all. When I was doing this I had dust all over the place and my wife would walk in the studio and not even notice...REALLY WEIRD...It's like hypnotic, If you knew my wife you'd think so too. I think there's drugs in them :confused:

Very glad you suggested I try it, and yes the next will be powdery too. Although I may try to slip a painting in with it :D Thanks for the standin O :D

Julie.P
02-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Just poppin in and disappearing again, I'm afraid!!.....working back with dolls at the moment.....not had a lot of luck over the past year and need to work on something a little more saleable than the paintings at the moment but really glad I timed it just right to see your first pastel finished! :clap:

Best of luck with your future projects! :)

Bye for now! :wave:

~Julie~

timwootton
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Great stuff Mitch - bags of interest and lots of depth to the piece.

jody007
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
So Mitch what are you going to paint next? I hope that you do a wip.
Jody

Tazz
02-02-2009, 08:59 PM
You'll be missed Julie :( Love to see some of your work flow through here again...I'll wait :D

Thanks Tim :D I'm getting a bit of feed back from the Pastel people that the Koala is not pushed enough and the branch above him is winning the tonal race. I may need to address that before framing.

Thank you Jody :thumbsup: You know me...I always do WIP's. hard for me to finish without the added pressure of an audience. I am working on what's
NEXT though :)

hunterpaul
02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
mitch great to see it finished... you must be very proud of this one... I know I would be... onto the next... Paul

Tazz
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty happy Paul, it's been a good first ride and a GREAT introduction to pasels. And the next has just been started late yesterday...little bit of a glimps of our recent Kenya trip. I've been DYING to use one of those Refs.

Thanks for the kind word!