PDA

View Full Version : inside a lotus

Pam B.
08-11-2002, 08:15 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/08-11-2002/4887_inside_the_lotus.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: inside a lotus
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 76 x 60cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
still just playing around trying to find where I fit in. I love plant life.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments?

Pam B.
08-11-2002, 08:20 AM
I didn't realise the image was going to come out so small, so will try and attach a better size here..............

crumbedbrains
08-11-2002, 08:31 AM
still just playing around trying to find where I fit in. I love plant life.

Think you fit in here! :) . . . seems youve nestled yourself quite nicely down amongst the foliage . . lookig up . .dreamin'??
Could almost see my toes wiggling at the bottom of the painting . . you must have cropped them!! . .don't blame you:rolleyes:
Cheers
Crumbedbrains

jerryW
08-11-2002, 10:19 AM
I am an insect, or small bird in a wonderful jungle.

giniaad
08-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Pam...this is really wonderful
so lush and vital
love the perspective

I suspect you fit in where ever you wish to

futurebird
08-11-2002, 12:00 PM
Everything seems to glow a bit with the light. I feel like alice when she stepped through the small door. -- I think it may be a size issue but are we underwater?

I iwsh I could see the real thing.

TScottDove
08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Lovely. Terrific compostion and terrific perspective.

White highlight/raindrop/whatever on leaf in bottom right looks like a silhouette of a duck. I keep being drawn to tha. I might change that shape a bit.

Nevertheless, beautiful work.

Pam B.
08-12-2002, 04:14 AM
Thanks for your comments Tom I have tried painting all sorts of stuff but am constantly drawn back to foliage........as long as I can get in amongst it!

Thanks Jerry. I too felt small when I crawled inside here to take the photo I painted this from.

Ginniad, such great praise coming from you, I am truly honoured

not quite underwater, futurebird, but my toes were wet! I am glad you got the 'Alice" feel....it's a particular favorite of mine

Thankyou also TScottDove I hadn't noticed the duck in the light but now that you point it out I shall probably keep seeing it till I alter it!!!!

orchidlover6
08-12-2002, 11:15 AM
just let me nibble on this luscious foliage for a while then I'll give you my comments.
yummy. full of depth and perspection.
you fit here well.

YLCIA
08-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Wonderful! love it!

Julia