PDA

View Full Version : Hosting schedule- classical projects 2009

artbyjune
01-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Eleven months of great classical projects to come.

Please sign up for the month you would like to host your project, and give a brief indication of the topic...A couple of sentences will be fine.

Don't be shy. All are welcome to host or suggest a project topic. Newcomers and old-hands alike!!:D

:wave:

artbyjune
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I think we will have at least 3 or 4 projects per month.

The project areas cover:

1. Photo-paint-along (host provides photos from RIL for members to paint)
2. Oldies & Goodies (works of past masters)
3. Children's book illustrators
4. Art movements & groups
5. Free topic

......................................................................................................

There may be more as we go along....:D

artbyjune
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
CLASSICAL FORUM PROJECTS LIST (2009 )

Want to run your own project?

Please add your name and topic to the bottom of this thread and I will adjust the schedule as we go along. Or PM a guide or moderator!:thumbsup:

1. February 09

1.1. Photo paint-along (Trafford)
1.2. art class (Lauren FM- Vermeer)
1.3. free topic (Ryster007- mythology)
1.4. WIP (Andyfromvienna)
1.5. Oldies & goodies (Azulparsnip)

2. March 09

2.1. Photo paint-along.( Trafford)
2.2. Art history (Ryster007- Klimt)
2.3. Free topic (nil)
2.4. Art class (Painterilya- watercolour class; Lauren- oils))
2.5. Oldies & goodies (artbyjune; trafford)

3. April 09

3.1. Photo paint along
3.2. Art history
3.3. Free topic (WildGoose- medieval bestiary)
3.4. art class (Painterilya-watercolour; Lauren-vermeer style oils)
3.5. Oldies & goodies thread (Azulparsnip)

4. May 09

4.1. photo paint along (artbyjune)
4.2. art history
4.3. free topic
4.4. art class (Painterilya; LaurenFM)
4.5 Oldies & goodies (artbyjune;....)

5. June 09

5.1. photo paint along (Trafford)
5.2. Once upon a time -Children's illustrators (Artbyjune)
5.3. oldies and goodies (Trafford; artbyjune)
5.4. Free topic

6.July 09

6.1. photo paint along (Trafford)
6.2. Once upon a time (artbyjune-Greenaway)
6.3. Oldies & gooodies (Azulparsnip- Morisot; Trafford- Paula Menderson Becker))
6.4. Free topic

7. August 09

7.1. photo paint along
7.2. Once upon a time (azulparsnip-wanda gag)
7.3. oldies & goodies (cezanne; Gwen John)
7.5. art movements (Trafford- ashcan artists)

8. September 09

8.1. photo paint along
8.2. Once upon a time (Gakinme- Howard Pyle)
8.3. Oldies & goodies (Gakinme- Chagall; wildgoose- Rita Angus)
8.4. Art movements (Trafford- Fauves)
8.5. Free topic

9. October 09

9.1. Photo paint along (azulparsnip)

9.2. Once upon a time (Gakinme - Bill Peet)

9.3. Oldies & Goodies (Trafford- Suzanne Valadon;then azulparsnip-)

9.4. Art movements (artbyjune-Naive art)

9.5. Free topic (Trafford- Hallowe'en party)

10. November 09

10.1. Photo paint along (azulparsnip)

10.2. Once upon a time (artbyjune- Rackham)

10.3. Oldies & Goodies (azulparsnip-Rousseau)

10.4. Art movements (Trafford- dutch renaissance)

11. December 09

11.1. Photo paint along (azulparsnip)

11.2. Once upon a time (Trafford- Ludwig Bemelan)

11.3. Oldies & Goodies (?)

11.4. Art movements (artbyjune-Surrealism)

.....................................................................................................

Want to run your own project? Don't be shy!:D

Please add your name and topic to the bottom of this thread and I will adjust the schedule as we go along.

At the beginning of the month, I'll advertise projects on the main wetcanvas front page.

:thumbsup:

ryster007
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi June this is sounding good

I would love to do one on either on Klimt's work- selecting some works, discussing techniques etc (I guess this would be Oldies but goodies-March?)

Or

I could do one 'free topic' based on taking inspiration from some classical work and applying contemporary ideas such as I did with Achilles -this could be Feb? examples:
http://revanspaintings.blogspot.com/search/label/abstract

Ryan

WildGoose
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Hello June,:wave:

I'd like to take on approach number #3...free topic

It would be "Fabulous Beasties" or A "Bestiary"- based on European models such as in Medieval manuscripts or Greco-Roman art and artifacts the first time around...
...actually would likely limit the first "go" to the Medieval Age of Europe; as IMHO more people than not in this Forum appreciate accurate background info and research before they take on a project....

If it flows, then

maybe tackle less familiar ( to me )Cultures/ Arts periods with their own Bestiary representations such as the artists of the Himalayas or Moghuls or other World heritage Ancient peoples such as Egyptians or Babylonians; ect....

Again, if it seems to flow...:cool:

I'll take on April, if you could help me out a little first time around, June!

EG- I don't even know :confused: how to reference a web site people can just "click" on to go to...not even on the WC site....:eek:

Chris/WildGoose

artbyjune
01-28-2009, 01:52 AM
OK Ryan, I can sign you up for February...free topic. This sounds good and I am keen to try doing a contemporary take on mythology. And you can do Klimt for March. That sound challenging too!!

Chris, I am also keen on the medieval bestiary, done in medieval style or in a contemporary style. Signing you up for april.

If there are any questions, or help is needed with any aspect, please pm me.

I am eager to see the projects you run.

artbyjune
01-28-2009, 02:22 AM
WildGoose.

To add a link, I usually copy the website address by opening a new window and going to the site I want to reference, and then clicking on the address in the main address bar at the top of my pc. I save it by pressing ctrl and C. Then I go back to my thread and paste the link by clicking ctrl and V.

Lauren F-M
01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
1. February 09

1.1. Photo paint-along (Trafford)
1.2. art history
1.3. free topic (Ryster007- mythology)

June --

Would the Vermeer thread fit 1.2. Art History? I could do it here, or just have it as a separate thread... :confused: (I did PM you about it - yesterday I think)

artbyjune
01-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Lauren, this thread is just the time-table...for 2009...so we can all see what's coming up.

Each project leader would start a NEW THREAD for his/her project.

Preferably, start it in the projects area of our forum. But I've no objection to the project thread being in the regular area of the classical forum if you prefer.

I can put you in for a February start, art history topic, Vermeer project. Would that suit?

Lauren F-M
01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Lauren, this thread is just the time-table...for 2009...so we can all see what's coming up.

Each project leader would start a NEW THREAD for his/her project.

Preferably, start it in the projects area of our forum. But I've no objection to the project thread being in the regular area of the classical forum if you prefer.

I can put you in for a February start, art history topic, Vermeer project. Would that suit?

Hmmmm.... now I'm confused again. :confused:

I recall that when we originally discussed this Vermeer thread, we debated whether it should go in the Classical Art Projects section or just in the main Classical Art section, with the final preference being for the latter -- which is what I have been planning on doing.

So perhaps I shouldn't have piped up here about it. :eek:

I will go with whatever you advise, June. My plan now is to start the thread at the beginning of February -- a good thing, as I still need to get more comfortable using the gizmos on this new computer. :rolleyes:

artbyjune
01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm sorry I got you confused Lauren as I am trying to make things clearer.

Please go ahead with your Vermeer project when you are ready and put it in any part of our forum which suits you.

This thread is basically to inform us all about upcoming projects so we can join in with the ones we are interested in, and maybe offer a new project of our own.

I want to limit the projects to around 3 new ones each month for now...but the project may start in February for example but go on for longer than 1 month if there's lots of interest.

artbyjune
02-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Andyfromvienna has posted his WIP for February in the main classical forum here.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7558888&posted=1#post7558888

You can view and try his technique.:thumbsup:

Trafford has posted the photo=paint-along for Feb/mar in the projects forum here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544385

Check out the photos for inspiration and post your work.:thumbsup:

Ryan has posted his project on mythology in art. Check it out in the projects forum here

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=544461

Check in and post your discussion on the topic of myth and art.:thumbsup:

I will advertise the projects more widely, in due course.

artbyjune
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Lauren has posted her Vermeer master class in the main forum area here

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7563196&posted=1#post7563196

Check it out and try your hand at copying Vermeer's works in his traditional classical style.

artbyjune
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
OK folks...I posted an ad for our February projects on the WC! home page...in the little box. Expect some newbies to the forum.

artbyjune
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
NEW PROJECTS

Watercolour painting with painterilya is now available at

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7688830&posted=1#post7688830

Klimt with Ryan is running at

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550997

Daumier project in oldies and goodies is at

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550972

Please check these great new projects out and join in. Hope to see you there.:clap:

artbyjune
04-04-2009, 07:06 AM
:clap: OK the advert is up on the home page :- For our April round of projects.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=556056&s=

:heart: :cool:

WildGoose
04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
June, I"d be very happy to host Bestiary for 2 months, thus carrying it through May.....believe there's enough project ideas there to choose one or two that could take one through...

artbyjune
04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
That's a good idea. Thanks very much wildgoose (Chris). I for one would like that as I want to do things for it but I have a bit of a lag/catch-up to do for other projects. I'll put the info on your project title.

artbyjune
05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Once upon a time- children's illustrators project starting up in June 09.

Please let me know if you want to host your favourite illustrator:clap: and which month!

artbyjune
05-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Wildgoose:- are you still free to do the oldies and goodies for the second half of June.

Trafford is hosting Delacroix for the first fortnight. I think you mentioned somewhere you would like to host?