PDA

View Full Version : Have new blog now but can't find on Google

Teresa's Treasures
01-27-2009, 09:51 AM
I looked into Google for my blog but it isn't there. Does anyone know why it isn't. Still trying to figure things out.

http://teresastreasures-art.blogspot.com

I would like to add to my signature but I want it to be My Blog instead of the whole line. Also to add wetcanvas to my blog as a link. I have been able to find any thread on how to add links to my blog yet.

eli
01-27-2009, 10:56 AM
I looked into Google for my blog but it isn't there. Does anyone know why it isn't. Still trying to figure things out.

I believe what your saying is that you can't search and find your blog. if that's the case, from the dashboard click "settings" there is an option "Add your blog to our listings?" and onother "Let search engines find your blog?". Click those to yes and you should be ready to go.

Also to add wetcanvas to my blog as a link. I have been able to find any thread on how to add links to my blog yet.

To add links. From dashboard click "layout" then "add a gadget" then from the list that comes up click "link list".

Hope that helps.

Harley

Teresa's Treasures
01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
eli Appreciate it.

I did do everything that you said to do and I still can't google it. I was able to add wetcanvas.com to the my blog. I will be going thru some of these threads about blogging to learn more about it

timelady
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Not sure what you mean? If you Google search your blog name it's the first result so it is there.

What search terms are you using in Google? Are those words in your blog description and title? Your blog entries are sales items I believe - remember that your rank will increase when you have good content - relevent text to your subject matter (ie. relates to the words in your title/description). Also labels/tags that are words people search for (you only use ptu kit, is that something people know? I have no idea what it means so you'll have to decide if it's something your fans and customers would type in to find a *blog*, rather than to find something to shop for) Expand your tags with other words like autism (if relevent to that post), and anything else (are these collage kits? scrapbooking? I'm really not sure, but whatever words like that, as well as themes)

Best of luck!

Bringer
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Not sure what you mean? If you Google search your blog name it's the first result so it is there.

What search terms are you using in Google? Are those words in your blog description and title? Your blog entries are sales items I believe - remember that your rank will increase when you have good content - relevent text to your subject matter (ie. relates to the words in your title/description). Also labels/tags that are words people search for (you only use ptu kit, is that something people know? I have no idea what it means so you'll have to decide if it's something your fans and customers would type in to find a *blog*, rather than to find something to shop for) Expand your tags with other words like autism (if relevent to that post), and anything else (are these collage kits? scrapbooking? I'm really not sure, but whatever words like that, as well as themes)

Best of luck!

Hi Tina, it seems to me that you're referring to the wrong blog, which I also visited.

Kind regards,

José

Bringer
01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Teresa,

Your blog is quite recent, you must be pacient.
Post regularly, preferably quality and relevant content.
In the future add a sitemap to it so that Google''s bot may crawl it more often.
For now maybe that's too confusing.
In about 3 months start submiting your blog to directories, namely Topofblogs and Blogcatalog.
Do not submit to link farms.

Kind regards,

José

MimameArt
02-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Dear Teresa,
On your blog the light green box to the right is hard to read. Maybe change it to a darker green or use dark letters?

Best Wishes,
Lynnette

McKeeJane
02-02-2009, 06:29 AM
I also just started a blog at the beginning of January.
It took about two weeks for it to show up on google - even if I googled the entire address. I did click 'add to our listings' in my settings.

It still doesn't show up on other search engines, but it is the first to come up on google now when I type in my name.

I'm new to all of this, so don't have advice, but thought I'd share my experience.

timelady
02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Did you submit it to other search engines McKee? Or the DMOZ?

Tina.

McKeeJane
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Did you submit it to other search engines McKee? Or the DMOZ?

No, not sure how to even go about that - and, I'm embarrassed to say, I have no idea what the DMOZ is/means.

Teresa's Treasures
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
:clap: Thank you all for your comments. I changed the Wetcanvas link to a darker color now and you can see. Still getting used to it.:wave:

Teresa's Treasures
02-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Well I went back into my blog this morning and found that the link to wetcanvas was again light. I changed it to black again. Must not have took last night. If anyone notices it changes please let me know.

Thanks for looking