PDA

View Full Version : Old PBS TV Show, if you have any info...

FunWithPencils7
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Hello!

Don't know if this is exactly the right place for this post, but oh well.

I used to watch a PBS show, maybe half hour in length. Basically a children's story was being told by a narrator. That narrator was also an artist, and he sketched out figures of children, adults, and scenery. His media, as I remember, was colored paper and colored pencils. He made drawing figures look very easy, and it was so much fun to watch.

Seemed like his face would be shown every once in a while, and he sort of reminded me of Lee J. Ames, but I don't think it would have been him, since then maybe the show would have been more well known.

It was probably right there with the Bob Ross shows that played, although I remember his shows playing much longer in syndication.

Anyone have even a remote clue who this artist might be? The name of the show? I am also going to guess the time period to be late '70's or mid '80's.

Also, if any moderators can see a better place to move this, please do so.

Thanks!

Eric Allen
01-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I think it is "Cover to Cover with John Robbins". It's real hard to find a clip on the net, but you might be able to find a VHS copy here:

http://www.dist228.org/libraries/videos.php?action=list&action2=search&gradelevel=3&searchstring=cover&type=Any&order=callnum&order_type=DESC

I remember the show; It was pretty cool to see him draw the story.

sam2937
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info!