PDA

View Full Version : Attention London Artists - Read ON

Luis Guerreiro
08-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Dear All,

Normally I wouldn’t post this sort of thing here on WetCanvas, this time round though I think this is such a good opportunity for London Artists that I thought it fully justifies it. I hope it is ok to post this here… If not, please accept my apologies.
Guys and Girls – London Artists - ! If you need a studio space or know of anyone who does, I would like you to take action and let me know URGENTLY.
There are spaces available to be let for artists’ studios (London Post Code SE6) at really good monthly prices (which are inclusive of all service rates!). Spaces may be shared by two Artists which is a really good idea as it allows splitting the costs which are not high anyway.
The problem is: We got to get our little “bums” in gear and do something about it, otherwise the chance will go away and opportunities like this don’t happen that often in overrated and expensive London. I hope you don’t mind me saying that I placed a retainer fee on 21 spaces to secure them and help out artists in need of space. I am not saying this to be complimented about it, I hope you understand that. It is just a way to help and try to get those spaces for London artists who usually struggle to get working spaces. But I really need your help trying to find out those in need of such spaces. Your help will be much appreciated. Oil Painters, Acrylic Painters, Illustrators, Mixed Media Artists, etc… are welcome. The place features communal areas, such as canvas/panels preparation area, tools and brushes clean-up area, Reception to receive guests, all included in ONE rate. The Local Authority has already heard about the initiative and welcomes the idea. Now it really is entirely up to us.
I can be contacted directly on [email protected] if you need details or want to pass me some contacts.
Best
Luis

PS: Sorry for not publishing the monthly rates here, but I don’t really think that would be fair on WetCanvas. The sole objective is to try and help people out. Thanks a lot!